Tremors Towing Things

View attachment 196579
Dragging Gumby to the marina to add s stern thruster.
Well gang! Turns out it was my final tow of Gumby. I took it down to have a stern thruster added and instead I ordered a 2025 Wakesetter 23 LSV. There are some pretty serious boat show incentives going on right now!
 
So what would you call an old F100 cemetery work truck? It needs a name.

View attachment 196564

I worked for my small local township when I was 14-15 years old... mostly mowed the parks and cemeteries, but also helped with water and sewer line breaks. Several times got sent to the bottom of the hole as the "kid" to band up a leaking $hit pipe in a hole filling quickly with $hit. But even with that, my least favorite was grave duty on burial days. Once the hole was dug, just before the nice green carpet got layed around it, I had to get in the bottom of the hole, square the edges, and scrape the sides of the spouses box so the newbie could lie tightly next to them. Not lying, that always weirded me out. Even weirder now.... because our cemetery maintenance truck looked EXACTLY like that one. 😄
 
Resized_20240705_102719_1720203408524.webp
 
I worked for my small local township when I was 14-15 years old... mostly mowed the parks and cemeteries, but also helped with water and sewer line breaks. Several times got sent to the bottom of the hole as the "kid" to band up a leaking $hit pipe in a hole filling quickly with $hit. But even with that, my least favorite was grave duty on burial days. Once the hole was dug, just before the nice green carpet got layed around it, I had to get in the bottom of the hole, square the edges, and scrape the sides of the spouses box so the newbie could lie tightly next to them. Not lying, that always weirded me out. Even weirder now.... because our cemetery maintenance truck looked EXACTLY like that one. 😄
Its official. Paperwork was submitted today. I plan to tour the Malibu factory in Louden, Tn when they set my production date.
 

Attachments

  • image001.webp
    image001.webp
    27.1 KB · Views: 68
  • image001.webp
    image001.webp
    94 KB · Views: 71
Last edited:
Didn’t tow with it today, but we did use it as a truck. We got a new log splitter.
 

Attachments

  • IMG_2112.webp
    IMG_2112.webp
    337.2 KB · Views: 96
  • IMG_2113.webp
    IMG_2113.webp
    137.3 KB · Views: 93
I was towing a 30ft toy hauler 12k tow max and 1050 TW. Felt stable and pulled it perfectly even through mountains. I bought a 150 and just moved the camper from storage to my house and it was amazing the difference in feel. Engine was fine but stability and control was severely impacted vs SD.
I’m on the 150 Tremor site too and someone is arguing with me about how much you can tow with a half ton tremor. He is pulling on a regular basis 11k with 1450lb TW and thinks I’m an idiot for telling him he needs to upgrade to SD. Stating he would never sacrifice the unloaded ride quality of 150 vs 250 and that his truck pulls it like it’s nothing. Some people don’t have a brain! Me personally a half ton is for under 10k tow and 1k TW or less for bumper pull applications.
 
Last edited:
I was towing a 30ft toy hauler 12k tow max and 1050 TW. Felt stable and pulled it perfectly even through mountains. I bought a 150 and just moved the camper from storage to my house and it was amazing the difference in feel. Engine was fine but stability and control was severely impacted vs SD.
I’m on the 150 Tremor site too and someone is arguing with me about how much you can tow with a half ton tremor. He is pulling on a regular basis 11k with 1450lb TW and thinks I’m an idiot for telling him he needs to upgrade to SD. Stating he would never sacrifice the unloaded ride quality of 150 vs 250 and that his truck pulls it like it’s nothing. Some people don’t have a brain! Me personally a half ton is for 10k and under tow and 1k TW or less for bumper pull applications.
My guess is he is a moron but not going to win with guys like that. I tried for the last 2 years to switch from 1 ton to 1/2 ton towing relatively light, 7-8k and was greatly disappointed. I tried a Ram, F150, and a F150 Raptor before going back to the F250 and can tell you for me the ride to capacity trade off is well worth it for towing.
I think that some of those towing with 1/2 tons just don't know any better.
 
I was towing a 30ft toy hauler 12k tow max and 1050 TW. Felt stable and pulled it perfectly even through mountains. I bought a 150 and just moved the camper from storage to my house and it was amazing the difference in feel. Engine was fine but stability and control was severely impacted vs SD.
I’m on the 150 Tremor site too and someone is arguing with me about how much you can tow with a half ton tremor. He is pulling on a regular basis 11k with 1450lb TW and thinks I’m an idiot for telling him he needs to upgrade to SD. Stating he would never sacrifice the unloaded ride quality of 150 vs 250 and that his truck pulls it like it’s nothing. Some people don’t have a brain! Me personally a half ton is for under 10k tow and 1k TW or less for bumper pull applications.
You're right. Even at 10k/1k is a stretch for a half ton. Sure they can pull it, but they don't stop it well or handle it well. Doesn't matter your hitch setup, either. That's another card they try to play. The stability of towing with an SD/HD far outweighs any unloaded ride quality difference, IMHO.
 
You're right. Even at 10k/1k is a stretch for a half ton. Sure they can pull it, but they don't stop it well or handle it well. Doesn't matter your hitch setup, either. That's another card they try to play. The stability of towing with an SD/HD far outweighs any unloaded ride quality difference, IMHO.
Funniest part was he posed it as a question and then when people started chiming in saying his camper is too big he went on the defense. Talking 💩 to all of us saying we don’t know what we are talking about.
 
When we sold our first fifth wheel a few years ago, I traded my 2500HD for a 1500. Didn't need it, no camper, right? Well, that lasted about 4 months and we got a TT. Pulled it a few times and had it dialed it perfectly...but I still didn't like the feel of it. Had I never towed with a HD, I may have never known the difference, but I could absolutely feel a huge difference in all aspects. Ended up getting another HD that I had until I got this SD Tremor. Of course, got another fifth wheel, too. 😁
 
Funniest part was he posed it as a question and then when people started chiming in saying his camper is too big he went on the defense. Talking 💩 to all of us saying we don’t know what we are talking about.
I didn't read that thread yet since I never plan to tow "heavy" with my half ton unless it's some sort of urgent need and the SD is out of action in the shop or something.

I guess I should, just to see if the beatdown could use another club swung. 😆
 
I didn't read that thread yet since I never plan to tow "heavy" with my half ton unless it's some sort of urgent need and the SD is out of action in the shop or something.

I guess I should, just to see if the beatdown could use another club swung. 😆
As a former 150 guy.... Don't waste your time 😉
 
Just finished up a 800 mile round trip to Disney World's Fort Wildness and back. The last time I scaled it we were just shy of 20K loaded for the trip out. Average about 8.5 MPG for the entire trip. Disney is always a trip where the cost of fuel is the least of my concerns.
IMG_20250223_181414.webp
 
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom