OEM Rear Swaybar Install

The sway bar is great so far. Not so stiff that it affects ride quality. But definitely reduces the lean when cornering and with a load.

Mine is a 2020 Tremor (Dana M275), so I have no idea if it will work on a 23.
Most likely depends on which rear axle you have.
FYI, the same parts you posted worked great on my '23 tremor. Ride quality unloaded is largely the same, and as you said, cornering and with a load you can feel the difference. It's a great addition - I also understand why they left these off from the factory on the Tremor models.

Thanks again for the great info and detailed write-up.
 
I might give the OEM a shot. The took the Hellwig off because it would not stop making a clunking sound for some reason.
 
For what its worth, the front sway bar on the tremor trucks is smaller than on the non tremor trucks. Its a substantial difference. For those with tremors wanting more sway control in the front could swap to that larger bar as well.
 
I might give the OEM a shot. The took the Hellwig off because it would not stop making a clunking sound for some reason.
Helllwig clunking may be the result of incorrect bolts shipped with the bar - that was the case with me and it seemed like Hellwig knew exactly what the problem was when I asked about clunking noise. New (fatter bolts - bar end) fixed it for me.
 
Helllwig clunking may be the result of incorrect bolts shipped with the bar - that was the case with me and it seemed like Hellwig knew exactly what the problem was when I asked about clunking noise. New (fatter bolts - bar end) fixed it for me.
That would’ve been great to know before I took it off. Sold it to somebody.
 

Phil314​

Your list matches the list here except for the link part number. https://www.fordtremor.com/threads/ford-oem-rear-sway-bar.5054/
@Ctimrun used the HC3Z-5K484-D where you used the HC3Z-5K484- A. Ford parts lookup says both will fit my 2022 F350 KR 6.7 SRW . The A link you used has an offset while the D Link is straight. Do you happen to know the difference and why you chose the A?

Thanks for your kind help on this. You did a great write up.

On edit the HC3Z-5K484-D apears to be for the 4wd Wide Track Rear Axle. How do I know if I have that?​

 
Last edited:
Your list matches the list here except for the link part number. https://www.fordtremor.com/threads/ford-oem-rear-sway-bar.5054/
@Ctimrun used the HC3Z-5K484-D where you used the HC3Z-5K484- A. Ford parts lookup says both will fit my 2022 F350 KR 6.7 SRW . The A link you used has an offset while the D Link is straight. Do you happen to know the difference and why you chose the A?

Thanks for your kind help on this. You did a great write up.

On edit the HC3Z-5K484-D apears to be for the 4wd Wide Track Rear Axle. How do I know if I have that?​


I found at least 3 different parts lists for rear swaybars on different sites. Not all the parts lists matched 100%.
I assumed ford had updated some of the parts number or some of the parts overlap models.
It's possible both the A or D link will work. The D will just bolt into the swaybar from the opposite side.
Either way, I'm not sure what a wide track rear axle is, but I went with the A link and it fit perfect.
 
Thanks
Like you I have found numerous parts lists. surprisingly my local Ford dealer says it wont fit . That's one reason I don't us them for service.
 
This is a really great Mod, thanks to the OP.

Has anyone confirmed the parts list works on a 2024 F350 SRW Lariet 7.3 gas
 
Last edited:
This is a really great Mod, thanks to the OP.

Has anyone confirmed the parts list works on a 2024 F350 SRW Lariet 7.3 gas
I can confirm it works on a 24 Tremor as I put one on this weekend.
 
Anyone put this on with a Banks rear diff cover? It sticks out further than stock.

TIA
 
Does the rear block height effect the install or the function of the sway bar at all? I am thinking i want to install something like this but i shortened my rear block a little when i got airbags so it looks a bit more level.

Changing the rear block height within reason (couple inches) should have no effect on the function of the swaybar.
Just double check the point where the swaybar ends connect to the swaybar links, and make sure it doesn't hang down too low.
You can see in my pic that my swaybar angles upward slightly.

Ford does make other swaybar links, some are straight and some are shorter, if needed, but you should be fine.
 
Changing the rear block height within reason (couple inches) should have no effect on the function of the swaybar.
Just double check the point where the swaybar ends connect to the swaybar links, and make sure it doesn't hang down too low.
You can see in my pic that my swaybar angles upward slightly.

Ford does make other swaybar links, some are straight and some are shorter, if needed, but you should be fine.
Awesome, i shortened my block by 1.75" (down to the 1.5" from 3.25") so it sounds like i should be fine. The bags even make up for some of that decrease as well with less sag on the leaf springs with the 10 PSI minimum. Thanks for the response!
 
I have a 2024 F250 Tremor and I added a Readybuilt SST 3.5” level kit
Will the OEM sway bar be ok with this lift?
 
I have a 2024 F250 Tremor and I added a Readybuilt SST 3.5” level kit
Will the OEM sway bar be ok with this lift?
Front sway bar or rear sway bar??
 
I have a 2024 F250 Tremor and I added a Readybuilt SST 3.5” level kit
Will the OEM sway bar be ok with this lift?

A level kit doesn't change anything about the rear end.
The OEM sway bar will work just fine.
 
so all you that have installed this oem swaybar, how has it effected your ride quality empty? I've considered adding this to my 2024 tremor F350 HO Diesel. Recently towed my snowmobile trailer helping my daughter move. I would guess the trailer and cargo was only around 6k lbs. I was surprised it felt more squierrely towing it than my 2022 Toyota Tundra with airbags did. I have airbags for the superduty, just haven't installed yet.
 
Back
Top Bottom