Tremors Towing Things

Road trip to Sturgis last August 35foot toy hauler with bikes ~11,500lbs pulled grade to Contential Divide to Rawlins WY at a leisurely 65mph - really glad upgraded to 60gal S&B fuel tank the stretch from Casper to Gillette is pretty lonely - winds really cut into mpg View attachment 183355View attachment 183354View attachment 183356
tugging at my heart string

i had a 2005 & 2006 k1200s

did usa 4 corners on it
10,777 miles in 18days
back to work the next day

need a good tank bag & saddle bag set for your's?
 

Attachments

  • client_PART_1503603390431_DSC00116.webp
    client_PART_1503603390431_DSC00116.webp
    147.9 KB · Views: 53

Attachments

  • A21I1959.webp
    A21I1959.webp
    269.1 KB · Views: 44
  • A21I1984.webp
    A21I1984.webp
    253.4 KB · Views: 45
tugging at my heart string

i had a 2005 & 2006 k1200s

did usa 4 corners on it
10,777 miles in 18days
back to work the next day

need a good tank bag & saddle bag set for your's?
thanks for the offer I have both did 1750 on K1200 SanFranciso to Dallas in 33 hours, slightly modified, 160rwhp 14,000 on the FXD which has 110 inch motor 110rwhp
 

Attachments

  • DSC04481.webp
    DSC04481.webp
    390.5 KB · Views: 40
  • DSC04449.webp
    DSC04449.webp
    353.8 KB · Views: 40
My wife and I tow an Outdoors RV trailer with an overall length of about 27’. We’re looking for a bit more room and like a longer ORV trailer that’s just over 31’. I’ve noticed that Tremor folks tow lots of different trailers of varying lengths. I’d appreciate anyone’s thoughts on the upsides and downsides if we decide to go with the longer one. We’ve been to the National Parks out west many times since we were born out here. I have no interest in battling the congestion of today. So no worries about length of campsites there. Any suggestions and opinions will be very welcome. Thanks.
 
We’re looking for a bit more room and like a longer ORV trailer that’s just over 31’
We originally were looking at a 24' trailer (27' overall) but ended up with the next larger model that's 28' (31' overall). We are extremely happy with our decision as the extra 4' inside gives us a much more open feeling and useable space. The 4' directly increased the size of the slideout as well, also providing room for a dinette and a couch vs. a combo unit which is something my wife really wanted. She left it up to me regarding the towing aspect but I wasn't hung up on the extra 4'. Ours tows great behind our truck (7.3) and haven't had any issues at any of the campsites to date. For reference ours is a Winnebago Voyage 2831RB if you want to compare specs with the ORV you are looking at. Roughly 8500lbs curb ready to camp but with empty tanks.

1000005818.webp
 
Last edited:
We originally were looking at a 24' trailer (27' overall) but ended up with the next larger model that's 28' (31' overall). We are extremely happy with our decision as the extra 4' inside gives us a much more open feeling and useable space. It also provided room for a dinette and a couch vs. a combo unit which is something my wife really wanted. She left it up to me regarding the towing aspect but I wasn't hung up on the extra 4'. Ours tows great behind our truck (7.3) and haven't had any issues at any of the campsites to date. For reference ours is a Winnebago Voyage 2831RB if you want to compare specs with the ORV you are looking at. Roughly 8500lbs curb ready to camp but with empty tanks.

View attachment 184636
I feel like mine is a little bit longer but about the same weight. Problem with my 31' is that it rides too low. Going to end up "flipping" the axles, but as far as everything else, it tows fine and can go to any state park as long as they have the bigger pads open for rent
 
Last edited:
@DDD you did ask for negatives too...

The only things I can think of are:
1) Purchase price was higher
2) Increased weight

I don't think #2 is a a huge negative. It probably costs a little more in fuel, but with the 7.3 I was prepared for horrible mileage while towing. Not sure towing this vs. the shorter/lighter trailer would be noticeable from that perspective. Either trailer is within my payload capacity at towing weight/tongue.
 
Last edited:
Thanks for the insightful replies. Very helpful indeed.

The ORV we’re considering is at 7680 dry weight with a max of 9995. The max is the same as our current trailer so the configurations in this series of trailers is only separated by length, tongue weight, and payload. So the longer trailer, for example, has a lower payload (carrying capacity) and a bit higher tongue weight because its dry weight is heavier. I don’t see that as an issue for us because it’s just we two and our golden retriever. I’m not an expert by any means and I still have trouble figuring out the tongue weight factor but my 6.7 doesn’t even know our current trailer is behind it. So I don’t think the longer one will prove to be a challenge towing. I do use a WD hitch so I’ll probably go up in capacity on that.

I appreciate you taking the time to share your thoughts and opinions. We’re in our 70’s now, pretty healthy, and with no grandchildren to dote on, I’m thinking this most likely be our last trailer. We’re looking at having a trailer with theatre seats and a dinette and, like you’ve mentioned, a bit more spacious feeling inside.
 
We’re looking at having a trailer with theatre seats and a dinette and, like you’ve mentioned, a bit more spacious feeling inside.
If we did it over we would've gone with the theatre seats instead of the couch. We still may try to find something that matches and make the switch. The couch gets to be uncomfortable after awhile.
 
Back
Top Bottom