Tremors and Campers let's talk camping!!

Anyone have any experience with either of the following RV floorplans or brands? We are looking for a layout where I can setup a very small desk in the bedroom as an office space during the day. We figured that having a bedroom slide would give just enough room for a small folding table for me to work in a private space, letting @MrsLegler, Baby Legler, and Puppy Legler have their own space in an open kitchen design with lots of counter space.



Example table I could pop up to do some computer work and calls. I'm thinking this could fit at the end/corner of the sliding bed. Would be tight, but that's okay with me!

1777225389312.webp


Some of our desired features include:
  • private space for me to take calls and work during the day (a folding table and chair is just fine)
  • open kitchen and living layout that is comfortable for mom, baby, and dog throughout the day
  • lots of kitchen counter space (for baby supplies and cooking)
  • 50 AMP - dual AC is a must

I thought about doing a toy hauler and converting the garage to an office, but most of the garages that are "private" are 13 ft which is more space than I need. I like that these 2 floorplans I found are both about 30 ft trailers - super easy to tow and navigate parking lots vs a 38 foot.

Open to other ideas if any come to mind! Also, does anyone know if there is a "Granger" equivalent for these trailers to order/buy them at or under invoice the way we do our trucks? 🤩
 
Anyone have any experience with either of the following RV floorplans or brands? We are looking for a layout where I can setup a very small desk in the bedroom as an office space during the day. We figured that having a bedroom slide would give just enough room for a small folding table for me to work in a private space, letting @MrsLegler, Baby Legler, and Puppy Legler have their own space in an open kitchen design with lots of counter space.



Example table I could pop up to do some computer work and calls. I'm thinking this could fit at the end/corner of the sliding bed. Would be tight, but that's okay with me!

View attachment 255002

Some of our desired features include:
  • private space for me to take calls and work during the day (a folding table and chair is just fine)
  • open kitchen and living layout that is comfortable for mom, baby, and dog throughout the day
  • lots of kitchen counter space (for baby supplies and cooking)
  • 50 AMP - dual AC is a must

I thought about doing a toy hauler and converting the garage to an office, but most of the garages that are "private" are 13 ft which is more space than I need. I like that these 2 floorplans I found are both about 30 ft trailers - super easy to tow and navigate parking lots vs a 38 foot.

Open to other ideas if any come to mind! Also, does anyone know if there is a "Granger" equivalent for these trailers to order/buy them at or under invoice the way we do our trucks? 🤩
I don't have that Floorplan,but I do have a jayco. Have you been in one of the middle that you're looking at? When I was looking at trailers I found what looked good online didn't work for me once I physically walked the trailer.
 
Anyone have any experience with either of the following RV floorplans or brands? We are looking for a layout where I can setup a very small desk in the bedroom as an office space during the day. We figured that having a bedroom slide would give just enough room for a small folding table for me to work in a private space, letting @MrsLegler, Baby Legler, and Puppy Legler have their own space in an open kitchen design with lots of counter space.



Example table I could pop up to do some computer work and calls. I'm thinking this could fit at the end/corner of the sliding bed. Would be tight, but that's okay with me!

View attachment 255002

Some of our desired features include:
  • private space for me to take calls and work during the day (a folding table and chair is just fine)
  • open kitchen and living layout that is comfortable for mom, baby, and dog throughout the day
  • lots of kitchen counter space (for baby supplies and cooking)
  • 50 AMP - dual AC is a must

I thought about doing a toy hauler and converting the garage to an office, but most of the garages that are "private" are 13 ft which is more space than I need. I like that these 2 floorplans I found are both about 30 ft trailers - super easy to tow and navigate parking lots vs a 38 foot.

Open to other ideas if any come to mind! Also, does anyone know if there is a "Granger" equivalent for these trailers to order/buy them at or under invoice the way we do our trucks? 🤩
So, make the garage for the baby and the rest of the trailer for you and work.

Not sure if the at or under invoice but, I used a small mom and pop dealer and got my 2025 31' for 22k whilst I got my previous 2022 18' for 18k from camping world. Just dont go to camping world...
I do remember there being a place in Arkansas that was cheaper than everyone near me on some models I was looking at before I settled on the one I have. Can't remember the name though, sorry
 
Last post was in April when we were in Little Rock, AR ... since then we've moved through Oklahoma and are currently in Kansas. We've seen a ton of stuff along the way: a few capitols, air museums and other local attractions and had some awesome food. All part of the joys of being on the road.

Route 66_Tulsa (2).webpRoute 66_Tulsa (25).webpRoute 66_Tulsa (20).webpRoute 66_Tulsa (22).webpR6BH1837.webpDSCF1905.webpIMG_5927.webpTulsa Church (3).webpDSCF1921.webpOKC Memorial_bh (8).webpOKC Memorial_bh (14).webpOKC Memorial_bh (12).webpOK Capitol (22).webpWichita Air Museum (12).webpWichita Air Museum (18).webpWichita Air Museum (20).webp
 
Last edited:
found them on hip camp and then booked directly on their website. We enjoy camping with full hookups but hate the typical campgrounds and being packed in.
Yeah, I'm a noob and only go to a couple state parks around here because I also like the full hookups and we only have a few state parks that have them. Was just wondering because Google is trying hard to get me to use that harvest host thing and wanted some feedback. I'll look into hip camp 😎
 
Yeah, I'm a noob and only go to a couple state parks around here because I also like the full hookups and we only have a few state parks that have them. Was just wondering because Google is trying hard to get me to use that harvest host thing and wanted some feedback. I'll look into hip camp 😎
We have been Harvest Host members since we hit the road. It's not something we use all the time, but it is nice for the times when we do a multi-day move. We can book that first night at a HH and make our lives a little cheaper and easier. We've managed to stay at some pretty cool places over the years.

We've also made use of some Bass Pro/Craker Barrel, etc type places over the years as well. Spent my 44th? birthday overnight at a Bass Pro outside Atlanta. :LOL:
 
Yeah, I'm a noob and only go to a couple state parks around here because I also like the full hookups and we only have a few state parks that have them. Was just wondering because Google is trying hard to get me to use that harvest host thing and wanted some feedback. I'll look into hip camp 😎
This is the first year we are venturing out of the State Parks, and generally they aren't bad and we still use them when we take the kids but since it was just my wife and I we wanted more privacy. I've never used hip camp to book anything, but it is kind of like a camping AirBNB and can search by your rig type and size and amenities. I will say booking directly with the camp host and not through hip camp saved me about 50%.
 
Back
Top Bottom