Tremors and Campers let's talk camping!!

Recently got back from a camping trip along Kern river. Want to do some off grid camping and mixture of unique places with camp grounds in the future. This trip was my first trip camping with my truck camper.

F-350 Lance 845 Camping.webp
 
Recently got back from a camping trip along Kern river. Want to do some off grid camping and mixture of unique places with camp grounds in the future. This trip was my first trip camping with my truck camper.

View attachment 150712
Tell me you were fishing???
 
Recently got back from a camping trip along Kern river. Want to do some off grid camping and mixture of unique places with camp grounds in the future. This trip was my first trip camping with my truck camper.

Looks like a great spot!
 
Recently got back from a camping trip along Kern river. Want to do some off grid camping and mixture of unique places with camp grounds in the future. This trip was my first trip camping with my truck camper.

View attachment 150712
River looks swollen, probably due to all of the recent rain, I'm guessing fishing was out of the question? Good practice though. 😄
 
Tell me you were fishing???
No I was not. Just exploring with my dogs and wife. We were testing our new camper. Haven't really gotten into fishing yet, but probably because I grew up thinking fishing was off the beach pier. I should try it in a cool river like this.


River looks swollen, probably due to all of the recent rain, I'm guessing fishing was out of the question? Good practice though. 😄
Yeah the river was moving. It was awesome to see. Most likely from the all the recent rain and all the snow in the mountains. I drove up another 30ish miles where they close the road from snow for several months. Only way up is with a snowmobile
 
Here's ours, a 2022 Grand Design Momentum 23G, We have enjoyed this unit. It comes in at 28'11'' long and the pin is about 1200lbs with 6k axles. We take our Yamaha Rmax4 with us to explore as much as possible.
dji_fly_20230409_150042_33_1681074401889_photo_optimized.webp
dji_fly_20230409_150246_34_1681074410876_photo_optimized 2.webp
 

Attachments

  • IMG_1919.webp
    IMG_1919.webp
    132.2 KB · Views: 78
Our Outdoors RV is a 22 ?FQs. So it’s not the bunk model. I believe it’s the shortest they make, and sleep four but with just my wife, myself, and our dog, it’s got ample room. It tows like a dream. I really like your Creekside. Where we live, we see a lot of Creekside’s, so your comments about ORV support what we and others think: it’s a quality, affordable, and somewhat off-road capable trailer that poses few problems. Plus, their customer service both at the manufacturer (La Grande, OR) and our dealer (Pendleton, OR) is top notch. We had a bit of an issue with our slide and the refrigerator at first, but the manufacturer installed a new slide and the dealer had to replace the motherboard on the frig. All is perfect now!
 
Staying at a friends lodge on the Cumberland Plateau, bordering the Big South Fork National River and Recreation Area. We've been friends since sometime before high school ... we still can't figure out exactly when we met. Him and his wife bought this place a few years back and moved up to TN from Florida. It's been fun catching up and just relaxing.

View attachment 150106View attachment 150107View attachment 150108View attachment 150109

We got a few more pictures while we were at my friends place. Now we're moving through Kentucky this week and on to Ohio for the solar eclipse next week.

1.webp2.webp3.webp4.webp5.webp6.webp8.webp
 
Going in to Arkansas in a couple days with my #4500 travel trailer. Anyone know if I have to stop at the weigh stations? Read the "rules" for them but am concerned I am reading them wrong and don't want to stop if I don't have to or not stop if I do. Figured at least one of y'all would know the proper etiquette for them
 
Going in to Arkansas in a couple days with my #4500 travel trailer. Anyone know if I have to stop at the weigh stations? Read the "rules" for them but am concerned I am reading them wrong and don't want to stop if I don't have to or not stop if I do. Figured at least one of y'all would know the proper etiquette for them

You’re not commercial? Then don’t stop.

I’ve been through Arkansas (and many other states) with my TT (11k#). No stoppie.
 
Recently got back from a camping trip along Kern river. Want to do some off grid camping and mixture of unique places with camp grounds in the future. This trip was my first trip camping with my truck camper.

View attachment 150712
Lance are not cheap. But they are nicely built.
Cheers 🍻
 
Recently got back from a camping trip along Kern river. Want to do some off grid camping and mixture of unique places with camp grounds in the future. This trip was my first trip camping with my truck camper.

View attachment 150712

I love that area so much. If you dont know it too well and love to explore, check out https://kernriversierra.com/hike.html for hiking and mountain biking. If you like to dirtbike there are so many trails too.
 
We camped with a couple of other Airstreamers for the eclipse. Darke County Fairgrounds in Greenville, Ohio - "Darke Side of the Moon" Rally. It was a great time watching the eclipse and did an Airstream Factory tour today ... still have a few more days to explore before we move on.

Oh, and even managed to snag a few pics of the eclipse. Very happy with how they turned out.

Eclipse Corona 01 Edit.webpEclipse Corona 02 Raw.webpEclipse Corona 03 Edit.webpEclkipse Phases Angled.webpEclipse Drone (3).webpEclipse Drone (1).webpUntitled-915.webpUntitled-916.webpUntitled-917.webpUntitled-918.webpUntitled-919.webp
 
Had some buddies with their OEV and FWC campers join us for the eclipse, they came all the way from St. George, UT and Phoenix. I drug the Casita out for a buddies wife and daughter to stay since the cabin was "beneath them" lol.

fG818qe.jpg

k4XvnSt.jpg
 
Back
Top Bottom