Tremors and Campers let's talk camping!!

Had some buddies with their OEV and FWC campers join us for the eclipse, they came all the way from St. George, UT and Phoenix. I drug the Casita out for a buddies wife and daughter to stay since the cabin was "beneath them" lol.

fG818qe.jpg

k4XvnSt.jpg
Lol. I'd much rather stay in a cabin. If it was mine... 😉
 
Spent some time around Big Bend and Terlingua. Love the area.

20240317_164653.jpg


20240319_170219.jpg


Rented a couple toys...

20240325_120023.jpg


1000003992.jpg


We also had our first real world test of our solar install running the A/C. We had a power outage, but didn't skip a beat, including running A/C for about an hour.

1000004167.jpg
 
Last edited:
Lance are not cheap. But they are nicely built.
Cheers 🍻
Yeah thats why I went the used route to see how I like it and save some money. Still thinking about getting a big 5th wheel down the road, but don't need it yet.

I love that area so much. If you dont know it too well and love to explore, check out https://kernriversierra.com/hike.html for hiking and mountain biking. If you like to dirtbike there are so many trails too.
Thanks, this is helpful. I haven't been to the lower side and for sure want to explore more of it. I have rode my dirt bike up in Kennedy Meadows, which was epic. I want to get into Snowmobiling up there someday.
 
Yeah thats why I went the used route to see how I like it and save some money. Still thinking about getting a big 5th wheel down the road, but don't need it yet.


Thanks, this is helpful. I haven't been to the lower side and for sure want to explore more of it. I have rode my dirt bike up in Kennedy Meadows, which was epic. I want to get into Snowmobiling up there someday.

Yeah, take your bike up through Bonita meadows, and Mosquito meadow is another good place. We cut down our Christmas tree every year along Mosquito Meadow too. During hunting season I like to stay at Horse Meadow campground. It's always tag soup but I just love being out there. Just watch out for bears and mountain lions.

For riding down in Kernville area where you were, Keysville is great riding too. The wife felt more at ease with moving to a SXS once we had kids but Im ready to go back to bikes.
 
We camped with a couple of other Airstreamers for the eclipse. Darke County Fairgrounds in Greenville, Ohio - "Darke Side of the Moon" Rally. It was a great time watching the eclipse and did an Airstream Factory tour today ... still have a few more days to explore before we move on.

Oh, and even managed to snag a few pics of the eclipse. Very happy with how they turned out.

View attachment 151921View attachment 151922View attachment 151923View attachment 151924View attachment 151926View attachment 151927View attachment 151928View attachment 151929View attachment 151930View attachment 151931View attachment 151932
VERY cool pictures of the eclipse. Thanks for sharing.
 
I'm lucky enough that it's a requirement for work. They pay for laptop, internet, etc. We use Calyx as our primary and Starlink, Verizon, and AT&T hotspots as back
Our Calyx doesn't work for shit, and their "customer service" blows...any tips and tricks? :ROFLMAO:
 
Which device did y'all get, and what issues are you having? We did the Sustainer membership, which came with the MiFi X Pro 5G. I've had to reboot a couple times in the last several months, but no real issues with it.

We also have it set up right by our interior weBoost antenna for when we're in the middle of nowhere. It's been working great for us, when we have service.

1000003408.webp


1000004172.webp


1000003402.webp
 
Which device did y'all get, and what issues are you having? We did the Sustainer membership, which came with the MiFi X Pro 5G. I've had to reboot a couple times in the last several months, but no real issues with it.

We also have it set up right by our interior weBoost antenna for when we're in the middle of nowhere. It's been working great for us, when we have service.

View attachment 152177

View attachment 152176

View attachment 152178
What is a sustainer membership?
 
I can’t believe this is all the photos we have after 2 months on the road! Hope to take this setup to AK at the end of May so will take some good ones then.
Waiting for my 2024 Tremor order to pull. I would just as soon it not come in till after we return..
This is an outdoor RV we picked up in November.
We are still getting used to a small TT after 3 large 5th wheels.
 

Attachments

  • IMG_1196.webp
    IMG_1196.webp
    278.7 KB · Views: 67
  • FullSizeRender.webp
    FullSizeRender.webp
    573.1 KB · Views: 66
Last edited:
Picked up the wife's camper today! 24 Reflection 100 series 27BH. Truck handled it like a dream. The wind was absolutely nuts. That was the worst part.
I converted the pin box to a Goosebox. Was suppose to be the 16k Goosebox but they installed the 20k. They did the swap for free as part of the deal, so whatever. So far I'm loving the set-up! Plenty of clearance. Haven't tried a 90 degree yet. Just wanted to get it home first.
I know it looks nose high. Our driveway is at a incline and the camper is pretty much parked where it crests.
 

Attachments

  • 20240417_160409.webp
    20240417_160409.webp
    266.5 KB · Views: 74
Back
Top Bottom