-
Featured
- #2,181
I put together a YouTube video of our recent trip. Unfortunately I wasn't able to capture the offroading part of the trip but wanted to share with you all anyway. My first attempt at video editing!
Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
Nice! We had a blast in that area and all along the coast last year when we took 4 months to drive the full PCH from Olympia, WA to San Diego, CA.I put together a YouTube video of our recent trip. Unfortunately I wasn't able to capture the offroading part of the trip but wanted to share with you all anyway. My first attempt at video editing!
We just had our second publication released! This one focuses on our RV Adventures and highlights the time we spent towing and staying along the Pacific Coast Highway. Our trip took us from Olympia, WA south along the 101 through rainforests, along coastal beach towns, under the giant Redwoods all the way down to Highway 1 down to San Diego, CA. For 4 months we hugged the coast and were treated to amazing views and great memories.
If you’ve ever thought about adding the PCH to your travels, hop on over to RVToday and grab yourself a digital copy. We share some of our favorite spots along the way that you can’t miss and give you tips to help make the trip a dream, not a nightmare.
Awesome, I will check that out! When our family moved from New York to California in the 70's my Dad rented a motorhome and we drove down the same route of HWY 1 from Santa Cruz to San Diego. I was only 12 at the time, but remember that road was hairy!Nice! We had a blast in that area and all along the coast last year when we took 4 months to drive the full PCH from Olympia, WA to San Diego, CA.
There was a lack of recent resources available related to towing down the PCH so we decided to write one, and it actually just got released. I wasn't given enough words to really do a full write-up, but hopefully it still helps some people out.
View attachment 140246
Congratulations!! Always a great feeling getting it paid offA big day for my wife and I last Thursday January 11th. We paid off our 2021 Tremor and our 2020 Oliver legacy Elite 2…whooo hooo! Waiting on North Carolina DMV to mail us our titles. No longer a slave to the lender. A great feeling. Feeling blessed.
Onward!!
View attachment 141064View attachment 141063
Congrats @Patriot !!! Just received my lien free title a few weeks ago...A big day for my wife and I last Thursday January 11th. We paid off our 2021 Tremor and our 2020 Oliver legacy Elite 2…whooo hooo! Waiting on North Carolina DMV to mail us our titles. No longer a slave to the lender. A great feeling. Feeling blessed.
Onward!!
View attachment 141064View attachment 141063
We are going to be in Greenville, OH (Darke County, Ohio / Darke Side of the Moon Rally) at a rally for the Eclipse. Should be a good time with plenty of other events planned including tours of the Airstream factory, and some car shows, etc. Looking forward to it.Anyone else going to chase the eclipse in April?
I’m an ORV 250RDS owner. We took that plunge when we found out that Princess Craft RV in Round Rock, Tx is a dealer. Not just selling used from the lot - but a real ORV dealer. I can’t completely sing their praises - not like the great things I hear about Thompson RV (and see on YouTube) - but I can say the service dept seems legit. They are helping us through a warranty claim with Dexter for a bent axle and argued the case for us.I am totally disappointed of any big travel trailer dealer/shop, especially "Camping World" Henderson, NV.
I went to *two big travel trailer shops to fix something and both time the failed totally. *Camping World, Henderson and La Mesa, Tucson, AZ
When I need something to repaired on my Outdoor TT I will always try to go back to my sales dealer, Thompson RV, in Pendleton, OR.
They helped me already a lot an when they fixed something, than it was fixed.
I bent my my stabilizer because it was my first time and I forget them to retract first before I move one inch
A guy from Thompson (great repair/technical guy) came to me (1 hour away) bend them back and I could go back to Pendleton to replace them.
Furnace didn't work over 3.000 feet. Suburban send me to Camping World, Henderson, NV. The reported, furnace works at 1.000 feet..... (OF COURSE!!!)
Suburban said, it's not a warranty case because it's working (at 1.000 feet) BUT I can fixed it every time I am traveling over 3.000 feet with change a 'orifice' at my furnace every time. So, Suburban KNOWS that there is a problem with some of there furnaces but is NOT willing to help out the customers.
They prefer to have the problem solved by the customer and reject any warranty claims. It's also much cheaper and easier. Suburban simply writes that we will not honor the warranty claim and the customer is the fool.
But Thompson RV has told me and agreed with me that what Suburban says is bullshit. There are tons of other customers with working furnaces over 10,000 feet.
Thompson just replaced the entire furnace and it works fine after that.
This is proof that Suburban is incompetent OR screwing customers and not honor there warranty.
Congrats - it’s a great feeling!Congrats @Patriot !!! Just received my lien free title a few weeks ago...
Hi and THANKS for the information!I’m an ORV 250RDS owner. We took that plunge when we found out that Princess Craft RV in Round Rock, Tx is a dealer. Not just selling used from the lot - but a real ORV dealer. I can’t completely sing their praises - not like the great things I hear about Thompson RV (and see on YouTube) - but I can say the service dept seems legit. They are helping us through a warranty claim with Dexter for a bent axle and argued the case for us.
Anyways, if Central Tx is anywhere near you when you need help, maybe they can help.
Took our Carbon toy hauler out for its maiden "shakedown" trip in conjunction with our 15th wedding anniversary.
Since I had already been through the camper and found most of the issues (which I've already mentioned on this forum), there weren't too many surprises; though, there were a couple. The only actual new problem we discovered is that Keystone didn't bother to seal the bottom shower door track to the shower pan. I don't mean that they sealed it poorly; I mean that you can slide a sheet of paper under it all the way across. Just have to laugh about these things at this point.The other "issue" (but not actually a problem) was that I couldn't seem to locate the dump valve handle for the second (rear) grey tank. I eventually found it, thanks to the help of the intarwebs, but not before dumping all of the soapy dish water all over shoes. Fortunately, since it's a brand new camper, that tanks hasn't had the opportunity to start fermenting food particles in it yet, so no big deal.
Overall, we really enjoyed ourselves and the campground was very nice (lots of long-term folks since this is one of the few campgrounds around here that has heated water supplies and is open year-round).
-SR-
View attachment 118455View attachment 118456
Hi
Responded to your question in the other thread:Hi
Do you know what the typical amount of hitch drop is required to haul a travel trailer or toy hauler with an OEM tremor. I use a blue ox sway pro 1500 wdh. Mine is 2022. Thx
That's great! I'll be expecting you in Vegas sometime soon.We hit the road today after our longest stop so far. Here is the post we made while leaving “home”. Tremor making a cameo in the pic, 95k on the odometer and still going strong.
View attachment 147036After being back in our hometown for the first time since hitting the road, we are officially headed out and north on our way to exploring the Midwest in 2024.
Leaving home for the 2nd time has brought back many memories of the day we first left. Not only were we loading the trailer, we were still emptying our house of last minute items and cleaning a house that we hadn't even officially sold.
Once we hit the furthest point north we had ever driven the trailer (only like an hour north), we knew everything from there on out would be "a first". And man have there been plenty.
The past few months back at home was filled with quality time with friends and family. More doctors and dentist appointments than either of us expected. And multiple trips to our favorite restaurants.
As much as being home filled our hearts in so many ways, we also felt the longing to get back on the road. Being planted in the familiar for a few months made it easy to fall back into old routines and stop exploring.
We're often asked how long we plan to travel for and we can both affirmatively say we have no plans to stop anytime in the foreseeable future. There are just too many places to see, new faces to meet, and experiences to be had.
That will probably be 2026-ish before we get there again. We were there for 2 months last year.That's great! I'll be expecting you in Vegas sometime soon.![]()
We’re driving down to a campsite in GlenRose, TX and meeting my sister-in-law and her beau coming there from South Carolina for a meet up. We’ll stop at Canyon de Chelly and visit cousins in Santa Fe along the way.Anyone else going to chase the eclipse in April?
Anyone else going to chase the eclipse in April?