Tremors and Campers let's talk camping!!

Hi everyone! Our family will be taking our maiden voyage with our new F350 Tremor and T@B 400 from San Jose to Plaskett Creek Campground in Big Sur just before Christmas. I hear Highway 1 is still closed before making to to the southern part of Big Sur which is where we are headed. Does anyone have any experience with the detours in place?
 
Last weekend we took the trailer out to the Texas State Railroad campground near Rusk, TX. It's about a 200 mile drive from Austin located on the edge of the piney woods in East Texas. With only a handful of other trailers around, it was nice having the park mostly to ourselves. Next to the campground was a small lake where we spent some time fishing. We spotted a small alligator patrolling the shoreline, that seemed to be more successful catching fish than we were. 😂. The trip's highlight, especially for the kids, was the Polar Express-themed train ride in Palestine.


View attachment 135399



View attachment 135400

View attachment 135401
View attachment 135402
Thats a sweet rig set up @modified ! Which model Airstream do you have? I'm going to be looking to upgrade from our T@B 400 to possibly one like yours.
 
Hi everyone! Our family will be taking our maiden voyage with our new F350 Tremor and T@B 400 from San Jose to Plaskett Creek Campground in Big Sur just before Christmas. I hear Highway 1 is still closed before making to to the southern part of Big Sur which is where we are headed. Does anyone have any experience with the detours in place?
I don't know about the detours but wanted to say, I haven't been to that area in over 60 years. From what I remember, it's a beautiful area. As kids, we used to spend time at Jade beach looking for Jade and of course, Sand Dollar beach looking for sand dollars. Hope you get to explore the area. Enjoy your trip!
 
I don't know about the detours but wanted to say, I haven't been to that area in over 60 years. From what I remember, it's a beautiful area. As kids, we used to spend time at Jade beach looking for Jade and of course, Sand Dollar beach looking for sand dollars. Hope you get to explore the area. Enjoy your trip!
Thanks @Canyon Trekker, looking forward to it. It will be my first time going there. Most of our camping trips have been in Yosemite and Pine Crest areas and we typically go with larger groups. This time will be just family so happy for that quality family time around Christmas.
 
Hi everyone! Our family will be taking our maiden voyage with our new F350 Tremor and T@B 400 from San Jose to Plaskett Creek Campground in Big Sur just before Christmas. I hear Highway 1 is still closed before making to to the southern part of Big Sur which is where we are headed. Does anyone have any experience with the detours in place?
I camped at Big Sur Campground & Cabins in March of 2021 and had to go through Monterey and then south on the 1 to get there because of the mudslides. Plaskett is quite a bit further south so I am not sure if the roads have been repaired or where the detour would be now. My only pet peeve with the area was them trying to enforce masks on the trails. That should be gone now though.

Since you arent too far away I would recommend you visit Pinnacles National Park sometime as well if you like hiking. It is an underrated National Park where you hike through caves. Coming from San Jose you can probably make it a day trip. We preferred the west entrance hiking but if camping I would stay on the east entrance side. We stayed at the nearby Thousand Trails Easter week and liked it.
 
I camped at Big Sur Campground & Cabins in March of 2021 and had to go through Monterey and then south on the 1 to get there because of the mudslides. Plaskett is quite a bit further south so I am not sure if the roads have been repaired or where the detour would be now. My only pet peeve with the area was them trying to enforce masks on the trails. That should be gone now though.

Since you arent too far away I would recommend you visit Pinnacles National Park sometime as well if you like hiking. It is an underrated National Park where you hike through caves. Coming from San Jose you can probably make it a day trip. We preferred the west entrance hiking but if camping I would stay on the east entrance side. We stayed at the nearby Thousand Trails Easter week and liked it.
Thanks @mds2004 we will definitely check out Pinnacles if not on this trip will plan for one down the road.
 
Has anyone seen this? It’s pricey but I like it. Won’t be availible until the end of 2024

Pebble Flow Electric RV
I saw an RV youtuber interview the founders. It looks really cool! I'll be keeping my eye on it to see what owners have to say about it. I'm sure the first year or two would have some kinks to be worked out.
 
Hi everyone! Our family will be taking our maiden voyage with our new F350 Tremor and T@B 400 from San Jose to Plaskett Creek Campground in Big Sur just before Christmas.

Have a safe trip! Let us know how the new Tremor pulls and be sure to post some photos.

Thats a sweet rig set up @modified ! Which model Airstream do you have? I'm going to be looking to upgrade from our T@B 400 to possibly one like yours.

Thanks! It's the Flying Cloud 28RB. It's a nice size, tows well and the floorplan has worked great for a family of four. I just need to add the 2" lift for a little more clearance.
 
... I just need to add the 2" lift for a little more clearance.
The lift has come in handy more than a few times with ours. And funny enough it's mainly been parking lots and negotiating areas around towns where it's come in the most handy.

We're all setup in Bradenton, south of Tampa, FL for the next few months. We're about 10 miles from our old farm and will use the time here to visit with friends, family, doctors and dentists before we get back out on the road in early March. It's our first time back since leaving just over 18 months ago and, if we make it the full time, will be our longest stay anywhere so far.
 
17’ Casita. About 4000 lbs with 400 lb tongue weight. Lifted and frame fully reinforced. Axle swapped with a 5200#, rear platform fabricated, Toyo AT II tires.

Here’s the build thread:

View attachment 4203View attachment 4204View attachment 4205

Before rear platform and Tremor
View attachment 4206
Thanks sure have changed in the last 3-ish years. Tremor is now on Carli backcountry with 37’s and an RSI Smart Cap. The 17’ Casita has been upgraded to a 23’ Oliver. 4 seasons of full fiberglass dual hull, 390 ah lithium, 340 watts solar, 3000 watt inverter that can run the AC off the battery, composting toilet for the ultimate boondocking, aluminum frame, etc. etc. With the twin bed floor plan and the dinette that turns into a bed for our 2 year old daughter and German Shepherd, it feels about 3x as big as the Casita.
 

Attachments

  • IMG_8321.webp
    IMG_8321.webp
    65.5 KB · Views: 93
  • IMG_8335.webp
    IMG_8335.webp
    58 KB · Views: 83
  • IMG_8367.webp
    IMG_8367.webp
    35.7 KB · Views: 82
  • IMG_6415.webp
    IMG_6415.webp
    53.7 KB · Views: 82
  • dji_fly_20230901_173338_492_1693611260634_photo.webp
    dji_fly_20230901_173338_492_1693611260634_photo.webp
    53.8 KB · Views: 83
  • IMG_5636.webp
    IMG_5636.webp
    71.8 KB · Views: 82
  • IMG_4759.webp
    IMG_4759.webp
    47.6 KB · Views: 81
  • IMG_1510.webp
    IMG_1510.webp
    93.9 KB · Views: 87
  • IMG_6429.webp
    IMG_6429.webp
    41.9 KB · Views: 95
  • IMG_4755.webp
    IMG_4755.webp
    40.2 KB · Views: 89
Thanks sure have changed in the last 3-ish years. Tremor is now on Carli backcountry with 37’s and an RSI Smart Cap. The 17’ Casita has been upgraded to a 23’ Oliver. 4 seasons of full fiberglass dual hull, 390 ah lithium, 340 watts solar, 3000 watt inverter that can run the AC off the battery, composting toilet for the ultimate boondocking, aluminum frame, etc. etc. With the twin bed floor plan and the dinette that turns into a bed for our 2 year old daughter and German Shepherd, it feels about 3x as big as the Casita.
From Hull #1373 welcome to the "Tremors pulling Olivers" family! 🍻 It seems there's more and more Tremor owners opting for the Oliver brand of camping. I believe there's around six of us on the forum, and of course many others that haven't bothered to join the forum. I've personally seen at least three other Tremors pulling The Elite 2 in the wild. That's a very rare sighting I must say but it's becoming more common.

When did you pick up your camper? And of course based on your pictures you've already been putting her to use so what are your thoughts? We're 7 months in and very much in love with what we have christened "Ollie-Haus". It's everything we hoped for and more.
1703273664800.webp
 
Thanks sure have changed in the last 3-ish years. Tremor is now on Carli backcountry with 37’s and an RSI Smart Cap. The 17’ Casita has been upgraded to a 23’ Oliver. 4 seasons of full fiberglass dual hull, 390 ah lithium, 340 watts solar, 3000 watt inverter that can run the AC off the battery, composting toilet for the ultimate boondocking, aluminum frame, etc. etc. With the twin bed floor plan and the dinette that turns into a bed for our 2 year old daughter and German Shepherd, it feels about 3x as big as the Casita.
Hull #634 checking in! Welcome to the Oliver family. My wife and I recently enjoyed a 6000 mile 42 day trip out west towing our Ollie.
We purchased new in June of 2020. Best travel trailer we have ever owned. The trip was epic! “Beauty and the Beast”
Cheers!
IMG_9517.jpeg


IMG_9941.jpeg

IMG_9587.jpeg
 
Thanks sure have changed in the last 3-ish years. Tremor is now on Carli backcountry with 37’s and an RSI Smart Cap. The 17’ Casita has been upgraded to a 23’ Oliver. 4 seasons of full fiberglass dual hull, 390 ah lithium, 340 watts solar, 3000 watt inverter that can run the AC off the battery, composting toilet for the ultimate boondocking, aluminum frame, etc. etc. With the twin bed floor plan and the dinette that turns into a bed for our 2 year old daughter and German Shepherd, it feels about 3x as big as the Casita.
@Tremortrix Love this picture you shared of your little one and your pooch.
Feel free to share the story of your dog on this thread:


1703274291234.png
 

Attachments

  • 1703274239899.webp
    1703274239899.webp
    41.9 KB · Views: 33
I saw an F-150 pulling an Oliver on I-10 Monday just west of Houston. I love what I’ve seen and heard, I just need to actually set foot in one before I pull the trigger.
 
I saw an F-150 pulling an Oliver on I-10 Monday just west of Houston. I love what I’ve seen and heard, I just need to actually set foot in one before I pull the trigger.
Pretty rare. I've only seen about 3 while traveling in the last year. Mostly see other owners at organized meet ups.

If you want to look at one locally, you can contact Oliver and they will set up a meeting with a local owner representative that will give you the full tour. No cost no obligation of course.
 
Last edited:
Pretty rare. I've only seen about 3 while traveling in the last year. Mostly see other owners at organized meet ups.

If you want to look at one locally, you can contact Oliver and they will set up a meeting with a local owner representative that will give you the full tour. No cost no obligation of course.

Yea, I yelled out, "there goes an Oliver" and my wife goes "what the hell are you talking about?" Good to know in regards to a local showing, I might have to look into that. They really are incredible trailers.
 
Yea, I yelled out, "there goes an Oliver"
Whenever I hear "Oliver" I think of that annoying little kid that was brought into the Brady Bunch before they killed the series. Yeah, I'm dating myself but never watched it in its first run. All reruns, so I'm not THAT old. :p
 
Setup in Bradenton, south of Tampa, for the next few months. First time back "home" since we hit the road 18 months ago. Plenty of time to see friends, family, doctor and dentist.

And being back around family means getting together for the holidays and cooking for those gatherings ... hence the butter softening in the window.
Back.webp
Dogs.webp
Butter.webp
 
Back
Top Bottom