Tremors and Campers let's talk camping!!

First row with the little Toy Hauler. ‘23 F250 7.3L Tremor and FR Grey Wolf 18RR with the dirtbikes and MTB inside. 7,550 GVWR for 18RR and about 700 lbs of hitch weight lol this truck is overkill for the trailer. 👍🏼
 

Attachments

  • IMG_9497.webp
    IMG_9497.webp
    438.5 KB · Views: 111
  • IMG_9495.webp
    IMG_9495.webp
    430.2 KB · Views: 108
Finally took delivery of our camper after an 18 month wait. It's a shell with cabinets only and I am in the middle of building out the systems now. First major trip starts Feb 1 for ~3 months in Baja and mainland Mexico. After the last ~17 years doing that type of travel in a 2005 E350 4x4 Sportsmobile van it will definitely be an adjustment. Should be more comfortable driving (except I'll miss the Sheel-Mann seats in the van) but it will have a higher center of gravity and is larger all the way around. Permanently set up queen bed with toilet and dinette will make the indoor living more comfortable. I'll miss the double side doors of the van though that made for easy access and helped blur the lines from inside to outside. Time will tell if this was a good move or not.

PXL_20231014_182455382 (2).webp
 
Finally took delivery of our camper after an 18 month wait. It's a shell with cabinets only and I am in the middle of building out the systems now. First major trip starts Feb 1 for ~3 months in Baja and mainland Mexico. After the last ~17 years doing that type of travel in a 2005 E350 4x4 Sportsmobile van it will definitely be an adjustment. Should be more comfortable driving (except I'll miss the Sheel-Mann seats in the van) but it will have a higher center of gravity and is larger all the way around. Permanently set up queen bed with toilet and dinette will make the indoor living more comfortable. I'll miss the double side doors of the van though that made for easy access and helped blur the lines from inside to outside. Time will tell if this was a good move or not.

View attachment 133591
LOVE IT!!!!!! That camper is AMAZING! 100% my style too.

Gonna need more details and interior pictures! I only know what I’ve seen on YouTube about Bison and that is mostly Phil’s wacky Jeep without the cab over.
 
I am an owner of a Outdoor RV 24KRS Back Country for a year now and I am happy with my choice.
Outdoor RV offers also a factory tour. And I highly recommend as THE Outdoor RV dealer: Thompson RV, Pendleton, OR.

My 24KRS
I bought the same trailer in a 2021 Titanium version. We bought it used in 2022. Previous owner went to a larger trailer.
I'm happy with everything except the slide mechanism. We've had part of it replaced but are still not happy with it. I'm thinking I'll eventually have the Vroom system installed.
 
We took our new Tremor 7.3 on it's inaugural campout to Skidaway island SP outside of Savannah, Ga. last week.....Beautiful campground and area. Though our previous TV (2016 F150 KR w/3.5 eco) handled our trip this past Spring to Alaska quite well including a month of driving through the Rockies, there were several instances where we wished for a bigger truck! There were 3 or 4 passes of 7% grade or better in 95 deg. temps where I was concerned about over heating and power. With that said, the truck did great, but I decided then that when it came time to replace, we would go up to a 3/4 ton.....the time came sooner than expected. We pull a Lance 2075 (2022 model year). It was designed for 1/2 ton pick ups and SUV's...atleast on paper......With our new Tremor, we have doubled our payload which means fewer trips to the CAT scales.....

Mike

IMG_5385.webpIMG_5395.webpIMG_5397.webp
 
LOVE IT!!!!!! That camper is AMAZING! 100% my style too.

Gonna need more details and interior pictures! I only know what I’ve seen on YouTube about Bison and that is mostly Phil’s wacky Jeep without the cab over.

Thanks Tramper! The interior looks like a bomb went off right now as I build out the systems. I'll post some more pics once I'm finished and enjoying it. Feel free to message me if you have any specific questions on the camper as I don't want to clutter up this thread.
 
Thanks Tramper! The interior looks like a bomb went off right now as I build out the systems. I'll post some more pics once I'm finished and enjoying it. Feel free to message me if you have any specific questions on the camper as I don't want to clutter up this thread.
Post that beauty up over here! I am trying to Get a Offroad-ish truck campers only thread going. The Tremor seems to be a super popular platform for it.

 
The campground at Stone Mountain is big, and pretty empty. It almost feels like we’ve got the place to ourselves. ⁣
⁣
With all the RV sites, rental tents, yurts and RVs along with primitive campsites this place could easily get very packed. ⁣
⁣
But for now. We’ll take the quiet and solitude. ⁣
IMG_6363.webp
IMG_6357.webp
IMG_6359.webp
IMG_6361.webp
 
Traded my bumper pull toy hauler in on this beast of a toy hauler. Also had the Reese Goosebox put on it. Just picked it up this weekend and it pulled great. Unfortunately won't be able to use it until after winter.
tempImageR43j1r.webp
 
Traded my bumper pull toy hauler in on this beast of a toy hauler. Also had the Reese Goosebox put on it. Just picked it up this weekend and it pulled great. Unfortunately won't be able to use it until after winter. View attachment 134395
Nice set up - Did you get a Gen Y 5" rear offset ball for the bed - really helps at it move trailer back and improves your turning radius! This with Reese Goosebox is a great set up.
1699324441669.webp
 
Thanks Supercup......I have the B & W turnover hitch in the truck so I went with their 4" extension. This is my first "5th Wheel" so nothing to compare it to but your right.....the Goosebox and that little bit of extra room is awesome. Really like the set up. First time towing it was about a 8 hour trip.
 
Last weekend at Otahki Lake in southern MO. Same spot we had a few weeks back. This place may become my new go-to local spot. It's an old girl scout/4H camp behind Baker state park and there are less than 40 rv spots along w/a handful of modern and primitive cabins.

1699547613002.png

1699547641591.png
 
Last edited:
Last weekend at Othaki Lake in southern MO. Same spot we had a few weeks back. This place may become my new go-to local spot. It's an old girl scout/4H camp behind Baker state park and there are less than 40 rv spots along w/a handful of modern and primitive cabins.

View attachment 134592
View attachment 134593
Looks fantastic. I’ll have to check that one out- only 2.5 hours away. Was checking it out online and it keeps directing to a KOA site. Is that correct? You in a water/electric only site?
 
Looks fantastic. I’ll have to check that one out- only 2.5 hours away. Was checking it out online and it keeps directing to a KOA site. Is that correct? You in a water/electric only site?
Yep. Its been a KOA for about two years now. Before that it was privately owned/operated as Otahki Lake Campgrounds.
We had full hookup w 30a only. I'm assuming the newer pull-thru spots have 50 too cause there were a few busses and such on the other side.
Where in MO are you? We're about the same distance away in Brentwood.
 
Last edited:
Last weekend at Otahki Lake in southern MO. Same spot we had a few weeks back. This place may become my new go-to local spot. It's an old girl scout/4H camp behind Baker state park and there are less than 40 rv spots along w/a handful of modern and primitive cabins.

View attachment 134592
View attachment 134593

That looks amazing, it also got me motivated to start looking for a place to travel to next week.lol
 
Yep. Its been a KOA for about two years now. Before that it was privately owned/operated as Otahki Lake Campgrounds.
We had full hookup w 30a only. I'm assuming the newer pull-thru spots have 50 too cause there were a few busses and such on the other side.
Where in MO are you? We're about the same distance away in Brentwood.
I’m in St. Charles, north of 70 so yeah, about the same distance.
 
Back
Top Bottom