Tremor Payload??

I'll add mine onto the list for the Platinum folks.

F350 Platinum 6.7 Powerstroke

-Twin Panel Sunroof
-Engine Block Heater
-Rapid Heat Supplemental Heater
-Adaptive Steering
-Upfitters
-Factory Sprayin Bedliner
-5th Wheel Prep
-Electric Steps
-Roof lights

Payload Sticker is 3370lbs.

Got it. Makes sense. Guess I didnt notice it since I got the 250 and the GVWR is 10k standard so not an option. Thanks for the explanation.
Does the high capacity towing package add 800 pounds above standard?
05EE1E8D-7288-4B2F-93A8-C87BBE026B58.jpeg

Now you guys are making me re-think ordering a 250 and getting a 350 instead............
Thankfully I am in an area where I don't get bent over for registering a 1 ton. Built what I wanted in a 250 and a 350, only about $800 more for me to go 350. The 1 ton is overkill for what I'm pulling now, but shouldn't have to upgrade again when the boss decides on a bigger trailer.

Erik

Thankfully I am in an area where I don't get bent over for registering a 1 ton. Built what I wanted in a 250 and a 350, only about $800 more for me to go 350. The 1 ton is overkill for what I'm pulling now, but shouldn't have to upgrade again when the boss decides on a bigger trailer.

Erik
I'm at about the same difference with the way I have them speced.

I'm glad I read through this thread and learned about that payload option on the builder because I didn't understand that choosing those was a de-rating of the truck and I would've screwed myself by clicking the 10k box.

I don't mind having more truck than I need at the moment, because it will come in handy in the future. And this is def cheaper upfront cost vs some of the tickets fees I see mentioned above.

A lot of good comparisons and information on this thread. Mostly it applies to one's choices of options compared to desired payload when building a truck to order. Once you get your truck and add all your mods and accessories that number on the door post sticker kind of goes out the window. At any time you want to know what your "adjusted" (daily driving) cargo capacity is, just stop by a scale some time with a full tank and that weight subtracted from the GVWR for your truck is your normal cargo capacity. That's a real world number to work with from then on.

Will add mine in:

Payload: 2630
GVWR: 10,800
REAR GAWR: 6340
FRONT GAWR: 5200

Towing a 30' classic air stream, bumper pull hitch weight 1050lb~.

2021 F250 SRW 4x4 Crew Lariate 160"

6.7 Diesel
Tremor Package
Power running boards
Rapid Heat
Engine block heater
Power Moonroof (Didn't want this, but.. on the lot)
Adaptive Cruise
High Cap trailer tow package
adaptive steering
Upfitter
Garage door opener
Heated rear seats
Lariate Ultimate package
Tough Bed Spray liner
Rear wheel well liners
10800# GVWR Package

I'll add mine onto the list for the Platinum folks.

F350 Platinum 6.7 Powerstroke

-Twin Panel Sunroof
-Engine Block Heater
-Rapid Heat Supplemental Heater
-Adaptive Steering
-Upfitters
-Factory Sprayin Bedliner
-5th Wheel Prep
-Electric Steps
-Roof lights

Payload Sticker is 3370lbs.
Here is what's confusing for me. I put my vin in the ford fleet live, and my payload is 3267. Your 103 pounds more than me. I have the F350 6.7 Powerstroke Lariat Ultimate, same options as you EXCEPT electric steps and Twin panel roof (which is supposedly weighs 80 lbs). I did order the winch option, so maybe Ford is deducting 200 lbs or so for the winch, even though they weigh the truck at factory w/out the winch.

Here is what's confusing for me. I put my vin in the ford fleet live, and my payload is 3267. Your 103 pounds more than me. I have the F350 6.7 Powerstroke Lariat Ultimate, same options as you EXCEPT electric steps and Twin panel roof (which is supposedly weighs 80 lbs). I did order the winch option, so maybe Ford is deducting 200 lbs or so for the winch, even though they weigh the truck at factory w/out the winch.

I'm also wondering about the winch. Delivery estimate is all over the place for me, but I have easy access to a free scale, so hoping to hit that very soon after the winch gets installed to see the numbers.

I'm also wondering about the winch. Delivery estimate is all over the place for me, but I have easy access to a free scale, so hoping to hit that very soon after the winch gets installed to see the numbers.
A few people posted on blue oval that winch weighs 225, and 5th wheel prep weighs 165. Seems high, but that's already nearly 400 pounds of payload gone just from those two options

A few people posted on blue oval that winch weighs 225, and 5th wheel prep weighs 165. Seems high, but that's already nearly 400 pounds of payload gone just from those two options

Have any of them confirmed if Ford includes the winch weight when they're calculating payload sticker?

Last edited:
I was just referring to it as a "de-rate" unofficially, but that is, in fact, exactly what happens. For example, on a F350 build, if the 10K lbs option is chosen, which is $0, it will change the GVWR from 11,300 to 10,000 lbs. It's the same truck, but the factory rates it lower, so you lose capacity rating. That could be problematic if you were caught hauling over your listed capacity, had an accident, etc. This "de-rate" is necessary in some communist localities because they slam people with outrageous registration fees for having trucks over 10K. So I guess Ford offers this free option to save people those registration expenses. Here is the screenshot of the online build option where you would be able to de-rate your build.

View attachment 20350
I think the de-rate may also be useful for folks bumping up against the CDL requirement when GCWR (GVWR of truck + GVWR of trailer) exceeds 26,000 pounds. I know people regularly have their trailers de-rated to avoid that.

My 7.3L XLT, 10K GVWR, with moonroof bed liner, tailgate step, dual battery/alternator has a payload of 2,766#. I figure I'm good to go as long as my bumper-tow tongue weight is less than 1800-2000# (equipment trailer 12K-14K) and if I can keep my wife from gaining an additional 600-800# over the years.

Back