Transfer Flow 58 gallon replacement tanks are finally being sold and installed!!!!

Below is a fill up after exactly 500 miles from Laramie Wyoming to West Wendover Nevada. That was with a 55+ mph head wind most of the way and averaging 70-75 mph.
So my DTE is set for 60 gal tank, but at 0 miles I still have 8 gal reserve.
20260312_015910.webp
 
Looks like they had a price increase, which is unfortunate, as I am pulling the trigger next month.
 
Yeah, I looked earlier this week out of curiosity and they are at $3k now.
That's unfortunate... That's a healthy jump too. Guess I'm going to have to save a little longer. It's almost getting to the point where I may just pass on getting it. 4k installed is a lot for extra capacity. I was really hoping to get it installed this year before my elk hunt in Nov...
 
That's unfortunate... That's a healthy jump too. Guess I'm going to have to save a little longer. It's almost getting to the point where I may just pass on getting it. 4k installed is a lot for extra capacity. I was really hoping to get it installed this year before my elk hunt in Nov...
Same. I'm considering just upgrading to a long-bed rather than going through the hassle.
 
Same. I'm considering just upgrading to a long-bed rather than going through the hassle.
I was debating on it but I absolutely love my truck. I was thinking of just taking some 5 gal cans. Lol little ghetto but a hell of a lot cheaper if I need it in a pinch.
 
I was debating on it but I absolutely love my truck. I was thinking of just taking some 5 gal cans. Lol little ghetto but a hell of a lot cheaper if I need it in a pinch.
Cans wont help me. I've been stopping at the same rest areas/gas stops for 25 years, 34-gal tank and 1-2mpg less than my old truck means I can barely make it out of New England before I need fuel. TOTALLY screwed the pooch by not paying attention to that when I bought, been regretting it since the first trip.
 
That's unfortunate... That's a healthy jump too. Guess I'm going to have to save a little longer. It's almost getting to the point where I may just pass on getting it. 4k installed is a lot for extra capacity. I was really hoping to get it installed this year before my elk hunt in Nov...
I told you to put this on your Secret Santa list! 🤪
 
I am loving the big tank, but have noticed that I get a noticable lean to the driver's side when I fill it up.
 
That’s interesting. The weight is centrally located and the tank, if installed properly, should not lean one way or another. Perhaps a shock that leaking and isn’t properly extended?
 
Below is a fill up after exactly 500 miles from Laramie Wyoming to West Wendover Nevada. That was with a 55+ mph head wind most of the way and averaging 70-75 mph.
So my DTE is set for 60 gal tank, but at 0 miles I still have 8 gal reserve.

Did you take your truck into a Ford garage to get the DTE setting updated or did you do it yourself. I don't have Forscan, but I need to get it done since I put in the 58 gallon tank.
 
It depends on the year of your truck.

Pre-23s you can update with ForScan no issues.

23+s Ford baked the tank sizes into the firmware, so it’ll only recognize up to 48gal via ForScan. You have the option of the S&B module which will trick it into 60gal, or it seems that some experienced Ford Techs can change it. Either of those options seem to run you about $300.

Just depends on your tolerance. Some folks are fine with the DTE and such being off, some buy the module//track down a service tech that can do it.
 
I know when I hit 0 miles of range, I have 10 gallons in the tank. I'm just fine with that. Doesn't take any effort to remember to fill up some time after that.
 
I am loving the big tank, but have noticed that I get a noticable lean to the driver's side when I fill it up.
The additional weight of the new tank and the additional fuel weight would be about the same as adding a 250# passenger behind the driver in the back seat. I’ve never noticed a difference in the stance of my truck since switching to the larger tank. Are you sure your truck didn’t have the well known Super Duty “tilt or lean”from the factory? The topic has been brought up in other threads here on the forum in the past.
 
The additional weight of the new tank and the additional fuel weight would be about the same as adding a 250# passenger behind the driver in the back seat. I’ve never noticed a difference in the stance of my truck since switching to the larger tank. Are you sure your truck didn’t have the well known Super Duty “tilt or lean”from the factory? The topic has been brought up in other threads here on the forum in the past.
It may have. I put the tank in right away, so it could have been there and I just didn't notice it.
 
It may have. I put the tank in right away, so it could have been there and I just didn't notice it.
Had my tank in for almost 70k, still have factory shocks, no lean. You probably need to get that checked out. The additional fuel load shouldn't be enough to load the suspension.
 

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom