Transfer Flow 58 gallon replacement tanks are finally being sold and installed!!!!

I would be fine if TF sold it especially they are shipped as unit with the tank for install by the authorized installer. Makes it easy.

I assumed it would be as easy as that. All it seems you would need to do is just change the variable on the tank size. They already can change it as the S&B version has two different amounts. This is simply adding a third. Not sure why a lot of testing would be in order. Concept is already proven.

Thanks for running that down. Sounds sooner - not later.
I agree it would make sense that TF would sell the module directly with the tank for MY 23-26. However for all of us who have already purchased and installed the truck with MY 23-26 trucks I can see us being able to buy it from either company if it was offered.

Regarding the testing, yes it seems as if it would be as simple as you have made it sound. However I have been around long enough and been through R&D plans that have glitches in them so that what sounds like it should be easy all of a sudden isn't so easy as one thought. I am with you that you would think that it could be easy. But lets see how this progresses. The good thing is that it is progressing and that is good for all of us who have MY 23-26 trucks and either already have the tank purchased and installed or who have been waiting to purchase the tank until there was a fix for the DTE. I am excited. I wish it could have been as easy as it was for the MY20-22 trucks, but of course we know that Ford took that capability away from us.
 
I agree it would make sense that TF would sell the module directly with the tank for MY 23-26. However for all of us who have already purchased and installed the truck with MY 23-26 trucks I can see us being able to buy it from either company if it was offered.

Regarding the testing, yes it seems as if it would be as simple as you have made it sound. However I have been around long enough and been through R&D plans that have glitches in them so that what sounds like it should be easy all of a sudden isn't so easy as one thought. I am with you that you would think that it could be easy. But lets see how this progresses. The good thing is that it is progressing and that is good for all of us who have MY 23-26 trucks and either already have the tank purchased and installed or who have been waiting to purchase the tank until there was a fix for the DTE. I am excited. I wish it could have been as easy as it was for the MY20-22 trucks, but of course we know that Ford took that capability away from us.
I wonder if there is any update on this DTE fix.
 
I would really like the DTE to work right. But it hasn't been a big deal after using it for over a year. Instead of looking at the number just look at the F-E gauge it works. I know that's odd now days but these trucks have been driven for years with just a F-E gauge no miles to empty.:) I can't imagine not having the tank now that I have been using it just because my miles to empty didn't work right. But when or if there's a fix I'll be all over it.
 
You could get the S&B module and that would get you much, much closer as setting your DTE on a 60 gallon tank would be a lot more accurate. I imagine you could account for the 2 gallon difference through adjusting the reserve amount, reducing it by 2 gallons. Would just mean that when you're DTE is zero, you really don't have much left in the tank.
 
I wonder if there is any update on this DTE fix.
I have been thinking the same thing of late as well. I was thinking to contact both companies to see if they had any updates.
 
For anyone on the fence about getting the 58 gal tank, if you want/need the extra capacity, don’t let the DTE issue stop you from getting one. You know that there will be a fix eventually, and all the pluses far outweigh this little negative as @mink indicated in his comment above.

At this stage of life my bladder can’t even last half way through the big tank, but it sure is nice to not have to be controlled by the limited range. And being able to strategically plan fuel stops at the best prices in route is just a bonus. I was one of the first to buy the tank once production started but didn’t get around to installing until last summer. One year in I’de hate to have to go back to the small tank.
 
For anyone on the fence about getting the 58 gal tank, if you want/need the extra capacity, don’t let the DTE issue stop you from getting one. You know that there will be a fix eventually, and all the pluses far outweigh this little negative as @mink indicated in his comment above.

At this stage of life my bladder can’t even last half way through the big tank, but it sure is nice to not have to be controlled by the limited range. And being able to strategically plan fuel stops at the best prices in route is just a bonus. I was one of the first to buy the tank once production started but didn’t get around to installing until last summer. One year in I’de hate to have to go back to the small tank.
I fully agree with your assessment. I have had mine installed for probably a little over a year now and I would never go back. It is the tank with the proper size that Ford should supply as the standard tank in my opinion instead of a 34 gallon tank. I could wish that it were a poly tank like the Ford OEM but I understand why they did the steel tank. If Ford had done something like this then they could have done a 60 gallon polly tank like the 34 gallon one. And of course we would have had a proper calculation for the DTE. Of course they could have left that capability to put in the tank volume like they had in the 20-22 SD Tremors and then there would not be this issue for all the 23 - 26 SD Tremors!
 
For anyone on the fence about getting the 58 gal tank, if you want/need the extra capacity, don’t let the DTE issue stop you from getting one. You know that there will be a fix eventually, and all the pluses far outweigh this little negative as @mink indicated in his comment above.

At this stage of life my bladder can’t even last half way through the big tank, but it sure is nice to not have to be controlled by the limited range. And being able to strategically plan fuel stops at the best prices in route is just a bonus. I was one of the first to buy the tank once production started but didn’t get around to installing until last summer. One year in I’de hate to have to go back to the small tank.
Facts, the wife and kid can't go a full tank. It's the piece of mind that it offers that makes it valuable.
 
It's more than just the range, even though that is the main deal. We are seeing such volitivity in the fuel markets right now. I got gas earlier this week at $3.08 a gallon. Same station is at $3.85 tonight. It would be nice to have the strategic option of filling up nearly 60 gallons of cheap gas as a personal fuel hedge.
 
For anyone on the fence about getting the 58 gal tank, if you want/need the extra capacity, don’t let the DTE issue stop you from getting one. You know that there will be a fix eventually, and all the pluses far outweigh this little negative as @mink indicated in his comment above.

At this stage of life my bladder can’t even last half way through the big tank, but it sure is nice to not have to be controlled by the limited range. And being able to strategically plan fuel stops at the best prices in route is just a bonus. I was one of the first to buy the tank once production started but didn’t get around to installing until last summer. One year in I’de hate to have to go back to the small tank.
Red,
Did you install yourself? If so, how difficult was it?
 
Red,
Did you install yourself? If so, how difficult was it?
I did install it myself on a flat gravel driveway. I laid down some cardboard to scoot around on, a couple of pieces of plywood to roll the motorcycle jack on for lifting. The old tank is rather light if you run it close to empty. The new tank is very manageable with a two wheeled hand truck and a floor jack.

If you are using something like a motorcycle jack, you’ll need the truck raised about a foot to have enough clearance to roll the new tank under the frame. You will need to remove the driveshaft to reach connections on top of the tank. It only takes basic mechanic tools to do the job. I watched a couple YouTube videos and read through the instructions a couple times before starting, kindof put my game plan together. It took a full day by myself and really taking my time. Two guys that work well together could do it in 4-6 hours.

Here’s a few pics of my setup:
1787948379507.webp

1787948428632.webp

1787948508290.webp

1787948558279.webp

1787948595912.webp
 
Last edited:
I fully agree with your assessment. I have had mine installed for probably a little over a year now and I would never go back. It is the tank with the proper size that Ford should supply as the standard tank in my opinion instead of a 34 gallon tank. I could wish that it were a poly tank like the Ford OEM but I understand why they did the steel tank. If Ford had done something like this then they could have done a 60 gallon polly tank like the 34 gallon one. And of course we would have had a proper calculation for the DTE. Of course they could have left that capability to put in the tank volume like they had in the 20-22 SD Tremors and then there would not be this issue for all the 23 - 26 SD Tremors!

I have a 2022 - and the S&B 60 gallon tank is still the best mod I have done to my truck - would never want a truck without this level of fuel. That of course does not feel as good when you fill up here is S. Cal where best price I could find on Diesel this week within 25 miles was $7.09 / gallon - $397.40 to fill up - that was painful - LOL 🤣 Three weeks ago I filled up in Utah on a trip and paid $4.45 a gallon - $249.20 for the same fuel - that makes no sense - $150 premium to live in S. Cal!
 
Oh man, if only our bladders could last as long as the tanks…those were the days. 😂

It’s also pretty ingrained in me to stop every 2hrs thanks to work, so there that.

And a 3yr old who just discovered the joys of “peeing on trees”. So I got all sorts of stops now. Just none for fuel.

Did a 5 day trip through the Rockies, and outside a top up an hour or so before we got into them, I didn’t hit a station once.

On the downside, many, my windshield needs a scrubbing…

The tank is definitely worth it.
 
They’re most likely will not be any updates until we can figure out how to get in and crack the firmware where it is hardcoded

ZooDad
 
They’re most likely will not be any updates until we can figure out how to get in and crack the firmware where it is hardcoded

ZooDad
Do you think Robert Langdon can crack the code?

25161.gif
 
I did install it myself on a flat gravel driveway. I laid down some cardboard to scoot around on, a couple of pieces of plywood to roll the motorcycle jack on for lifting. The old tank is rather light if you run it close to empty. The new tank is very manageable with a two wheeled hand truck and a floor jack.

If you are using something like a motorcycle jack, you’ll need the truck raised about a foot to have enough clearance to roll the new tank under the frame. You will need to remove the driveshaft to reach connections on top of the tank. It only takes basic mechanic tools to do the job. I watched a couple YouTube videos and read through the instructions a couple times before starting, kindof put my game plan together. It took a full day by myself and really taking my time. Two guys that work well together could do it in 4-6 hours.

Here’s a few pics of my setup:
View attachment 267439
View attachment 267440
View attachment 267442
View attachment 267443
View attachment 267444
Nice pics! Thanks! Did you measure the before and after clearance? I’m a bit concerned with it hanging lower than the stock tank.
 
Nice pics! Thanks! Did you measure the before and after clearance? I’m a bit concerned with it hanging lower than the stock tank.
Start here:

 
Nice pics! Thanks! Did you measure the before and after clearance? I’m a bit concerned with it hanging lower than the stock tank.
Overall clearance is about 1 inch less at the lowest point, and as you can see it slopes up towards the front. The tank is constructed with much heavier steel than the stock skit plate so no need for the plate. To me the ground clearance topic is a non-issue, but each person has to make that decision. For me the extra fuel onboard and all the benefits of the larger tank are all wins.
 
Anyone have insight on when they will confirm fit for 2027? It should be the same as 2026, but for this $$$, I would like to know for sure!
 
Back
Top Bottom