Transfer Flow 58 gallon replacement tanks are finally being sold and installed!!!!

S&B module works with the TF tank. FYI.
I haven't taken the time to look into the S&B Module which sounds like it is over $300. From what I have seen you have to plug it somewhere behind the dash. I installed my TF tank back last summer and love the tank. My Tremor is a 24. So I just go by the gas gauge right now and of course the DTE doesn't properly work and it sounds like Ford will never change to allow you to enter the size of the tank as they did in the 20-22 MY's. It would be interesting to know how S&B have tricked it using their module.
 
I haven't taken the time to look into the S&B Module which sounds like it is over $300. From what I have seen you have to plug it somewhere behind the dash. I installed my TF tank back last summer and love the tank. My Tremor is a 24. So I just go by the gas gauge right now and of course the DTE doesn't properly work and it sounds like Ford will never change to allow you to enter the size of the tank as they did in the 20-22 MY's. It would be interesting to know how S&B have tricked it using their module.
$299 for a solution. Granted it’s designed for a 60 gallons but 58 is closer to 60 than what we all have now. Easy install and detailed videos on YouTube.
 
This video on what the module is doing is very good to have.
One guy in the comments on ARod's video of installing the module found here
was saying that he got a greater DTE with the 60 gal tank setting than the 68 gal tank setting. My guess is he had a long bed and should have chosen the 68 gal. The only real reason that this can work for the TF 58 gal tank is because the original tank is a 34 gal. If we could get S&B to change the factor to 1.71 it would work perfect for the TF 58 gal tank.
 
I reached out to the people I had communication with at Transfer Flow when I bought my tank from them about whether or not they have considered making a module like S&B has done but more specifically for the 58 Gal tank and this was their response:

Hi Robert,

I hope you are doing well. I am glad to hear the tank has been working well overall, aside from the DTE concern.

Interestingly enough, we have recently partnered with the engineering firm that developed the module for S&B. They are currently working with us to develop a solution specifically for our tank.

We are still in the early testing stages, but we are optimistic that this will provide a proper long-term fix for the incorrect distance to empty reading.

A lot of design and engineering goes into this tank, and we want to make sure the final details are right. Resolving the DTE calculation accurately is something we remain committed to.

I will be happy to share updates as we progress.


So I am for one going to hold off on buying the module from S&B and wait for Transfer Flow. It is interesting that they are working with the same engineering firm that developed the module for S&B. I cannot see how it cannot work so to me it is only a matter of time before we have a module we can purchase for the MY 23+ trucks who have replaced their Ford SuperDuty OEM 34 Gal tanks with the TF 58 Gal tanks that will give us an accurate DTE.
 
Last edited:
As a further note, I would love to know who the engineering firm is. They have to know the CAN bus and its setup on the Ford trucks and they must have some way of obtaining that information in order to make the solution that they did for S&B. I wish they had a way to change the firmware so that you could just select a tank once again using Forscan!
 
As a further note, I would love to know who the engineering firm is. They have to know the CAN bus and its setup on the Ford trucks and they must have some way of obtaining that information in order to make the solution that they did for S&B. I wish they had a way to change the firmware so that you could just select a tank once again using Forscan!
Perhaps EZ Lynk 🤷🏻‍♂️.
 
This is the exact type and tone of communication we got from TransferFlow when they responded to requests to develop the 58 gallon tank for our trucks. Their level of customer service and communication is far above what most companies would provide. My personal communications were with Terri Barry and she was outstanding to work with, voluntarily updating us on several occasions as the development of the new tank progressed. I have no doubts that the new DTE patch module will be top quality and perform exactly as we need it to.
 
Drive by their Chico location every once in a while. Not in the budget right now, but one of these days.

IMG_3211.webp
 
Drive by their Chico location every once in a while. Not in the budget right now, but one of these days.

View attachment 251991
This is the most cost effective place to have it installed if you are not going to do it yourself.
 
I reached out to the people I had communication with at Transfer Flow when I bought my tank from them about whether or not they have considered making a module like S&B has done but more specifically for the 58 Gal tank and this was their response:

Hi Robert,

I hope you are doing well. I am glad to hear the tank has been working well overall, aside from the DTE concern.

Interestingly enough, we have recently partnered with the engineering firm that developed the module for S&B. They are currently working with us to develop a solution specifically for our tank.

We are still in the early testing stages, but we are optimistic that this will provide a proper long-term fix for the incorrect distance to empty reading.

A lot of design and engineering goes into this tank, and we want to make sure the final details are right. Resolving the DTE calculation accurately is something we remain committed to.

I will be happy to share updates as we progress.


So I am for one going to hold off on buying the module from S&B and wait for Transfer Flow. It is interesting that they are working with the same engineering firm that developed the module for S&B. I cannot see how it cannot work so to me it is only a matter of time before we have a module we can purchase for the MY 23+ trucks who have replaced their Ford SuperDuty OEM 34 Gal tanks with the TF 58 Gal tanks that will give us an accurate DTE.
Great information Robpm, thanks for sharing. I love my tank as well and will also wait to see how this turns out.
 
I also sent an email to S&B about their module for the DTE on their 60 and 68 gallon diesel tank replacements and about making a module for the TF 58 gallon tank. This was at the same time I approached Transfer Flow as well. S&B finally got back to me yesterday. Here is what they wrote:

Hello,

Thank you for reaching out and for taking the time to share your detailed feedback, we really appreciate it.

That is great insight regarding the recalibration factor and how it applies to the Transfer Flow 58 gallon tank setup. At this time, our DTE modules are specifically designed and validated around S&B fuel tank systems to ensure accuracy and consistency.

With that said, I will absolutely pass your feedback along to our engineering team for review. Input like this is valuable and helps us better understand how customers are using our products in different applications.

We appreciate you bringing this to our attention. In the meantime, be sure to follow us on social media for any future product updates or announcements.

If you have any other questions, feel free to reach out anytime.
Sincerely,
 
As a further note, I would love to know who the engineering firm is. They have to know the CAN bus and its setup on the Ford trucks and they must have some way of obtaining that information in order to make the solution that they did for S&B. I wish they had a way to change the firmware so that you could just select a tank once again using Forscan!
According to the video above their name is on the module: Mid City Engineering.

1775947155871.webp
 
Great catch! I did not think about that when I watched the video.
 
This is the last great mod for my truck. When this module is ready, Transfer Flow will take my money.
 
This is the last great mod for my truck. When this module is ready, Transfer Flow will take my money.
I am glad that I did it when I did even though the DTE has not been calculating correctly. The fuel gauge is still very accurate so that has been helpful just to not have to fill up so often. Now I want gas stations to not put a limit on the purchase amount. That is a real pain especially with gas at the price it is. I have to have to perform 2 fills at the gas pump if I am real low on the fuel level! And in NJ you cannot pump your own gas which is a real pain. Although it is nice when you are tired and it is raining out to have someone do it for you!
 
I have had contact from the owner at Mid City Engineering and he just called me a few minutes ago and asked me questions about if I had done the latest updates with my Tremor and I told him I had. He was looking for people who had not. I told him to come to the forum because it is very active. It sounds like he is looking for guys that have not done the latest software updates on the MY 23-26 trucks and who have the 58 gallon TF tank installed.

It looks like it will be the exact same module that S&B sells for their 60 and 68 gallon tanks that Transfer Flow will be able to sell but it will have the formula for a 58 gallon tank which makes total sense. It would be great if we could buy it directly from Mid City but of course those are marketing decisions that they will make and also make sure that they can all make a fair margin on the product.

Maybe they would be open to one of our Group discount buys on the forum. That would be nice.
 
I would be fine if TF sold it especially they are shipped as unit with the tank for install by the authorized installer. Makes it easy.

I assumed it would be as easy as that. All it seems you would need to do is just change the variable on the tank size. They already can change it as the S&B version has two different amounts. This is simply adding a third. Not sure why a lot of testing would be in order. Concept is already proven.

Thanks for running that down. Sounds sooner - not later.
 
Back
Top Bottom