Tell me about your favorite whiskey or bourbon

View attachment 211809
Tonight…. The final letter. Saved the “S” for last

I’ve got 3 complete sets, and 5 more that are missing one letter.

I reached out to the BT gift shop and they are 12+ months lead time for the free stave mounting due to the flood. Need two more Gold toppers to complete a Gold set. I’ve had way too many bottles of Blantons over the year. I remember paying less than $40 a bottle and could buy one anytime. Had a plug in Canada for a few years and ordered it by the case for $65 a bottle. Those were the days

I might just order staves and do it myself.
 
I’ve got 3 complete sets, and 5 more that are missing one letter.

I reached out to the BT gift shop and they are 12+ months lead time for the free stave mounting due to the flood. Need two more Gold toppers to complete a Gold set. I’ve had way too many bottles of Blantons over the year. I remember paying less than $40 a bottle and could buy one anytime. Had a plug in Canada for a few years and ordered it by the case for $65 a bottle. Those were the days

I might just order staves and do it myself.
Yeah this piece of wood was from a guy on TacomaWorld (whisky thread) that hooked me up. I don’t need the BT one that bad. I’m seeing Blantons in almost every store I walk into lately. I think A) Whisky volume is starting to catch up with buyers and B) Money is getting tight and people aren’t buying like they used to. I didn’t drink Blantons back in my early days but I’ve been drinking Eagle Rare for 25 years now…. Everything used to be easier lol. Ah the good old days. If only we had known…
 
Last edited:
Yeah this piece of wood was a guy on TacomaWorld (whisky thread) that hooked me up. I don’t need the BT one that bad. I’m seeing Blantons in almost every store I walk into lately. I think A) Whisky volume is starting to catch up with buyers and B) Money is getting tight and people aren’t buying like they used to. I didn’t drink Blantons back in my early days but I’ve been drinking Eagle Rare for 25 years now…. Everything used to be easier lol. Ah the good old days. If only we had known…
10 year Eagle Rare might just be the best bourbon for the price out there.
 
10 year Eagle Rare might just be the best bourbon for the price out there.
I miss when I could regularly get eagle rare for $35 a bottle.... That was in 2022. Then in 2023 it became $45, and now $50 - $55 (museum stores have it for $80+ around here).
 
IMG_5914.webp

Little experiment today.. had to fill my Pappy bottle with something in the meantime.
 
Yeah this piece of wood was from a guy on TacomaWorld (whisky thread) that hooked me up. I don’t need the BT one that bad. I’m seeing Blantons in almost every store I walk into lately. I think A) Whisky volume is starting to catch up with buyers and B) Money is getting tight and people aren’t buying like they used to. I didn’t drink Blantons back in my early days but I’ve been drinking Eagle Rare for 25 years now…. Everything used to be easier lol. Ah the good old days. If only we had known…
I had to read your post several times to see if it said "Eagle Rare 25 for years now", or "Eagle Rare for 25 years now"!

1748107148341.webp
 
I had to read your post several times to see if it said "Eagle Rare 25 for years now", or "Eagle Rare for 25 years now"!

View attachment 211910
It'd be so fitting if they just increased the price one more penny. Silly marketing department 🤪.
 
View attachment 211908
Little experiment today.. had to fill my Pappy bottle with something in the meantime.
Yep, poor man’s pappy. I have done it several times. 50/50 mix or 40/60 mix, either way.
Now just let it sit for about 6 months and I think you will like the results. It’s always turned out really good for me. 🥃🥃
 
Yep, poor man’s pappy. I have done it several times. 50/50 mix or 40/60 mix, either way.
Now just let it sit for about 6 months and I think you will like the results. It’s always turned out really good for me. 🥃🥃
Never heard of this. Very intriguing. Thanks for sharing!
 
Today was a ridiculously good whiskey day... I stopped into The Whiskey Blendery (the place we got our Tremor Reserve from) to pick up a couple of bottles. I brought some bottles to share, but my collection pales to what others have. A few guys who were there also brought in some bottles, here's Here's what I got to try:
- 2024 King of Kentucky
- George T Stagg - 2007
- William Heaven Hill 15 year
- William Heaven Hill 17 year
- William Larue Weller (don't recall the year)
- Old Fitzgerald from 1998
- Old Forester 150th Anniversary Bottle

And a few others I can't recall (we were tasting for a few hours). I can't even pick what is the best pour from the list above as they're all amazing. These were some of the best pours (if not the best) of whiskey I've ever had. I love the whiskey community and how generous people are with their bottles.
 
Today was a ridiculously good whiskey day... I stopped into The Whiskey Blendery (the place we got our Tremor Reserve from) to pick up a couple of bottles. I brought some bottles to share, but my collection pales to what others have. A few guys who were there also brought in some bottles, here's Here's what I got to try:
- 2024 King of Kentucky
- George T Stagg - 2007
- William Heaven Hill 15 year
- William Heaven Hill 17 year
- William Larue Weller (don't recall the year)
- Old Fitzgerald from 1998
- Old Forester 150th Anniversary Bottle

And a few others I can't recall (we were tasting for a few hours). I can't even pick what is the best pour from the list above as they're all amazing. These were some of the best pours (if not the best) of whiskey I've ever had. I love the whiskey community and how generous people are with their bottles.
Absolutely amazing!
 
Today was a ridiculously good whiskey day... I stopped into The Whiskey Blendery (the place we got our Tremor Reserve from) to pick up a couple of bottles. I brought some bottles to share, but my collection pales to what others have. A few guys who were there also brought in some bottles, here's Here's what I got to try:
- 2024 King of Kentucky
- George T Stagg - 2007
- William Heaven Hill 15 year
- William Heaven Hill 17 year
- William Larue Weller (don't recall the year)
- Old Fitzgerald from 1998
- Old Forester 150th Anniversary Bottle

And a few others I can't recall (we were tasting for a few hours). I can't even pick what is the best pour from the list above as they're all amazing. These were some of the best pours (if not the best) of whiskey I've ever had. I love the whiskey community and how generous people are with their bottles.

Very nice, good day, great pours! 🥃🥃
 
Should I circle back to lock down a "BuffTurkey"?
I was in a local store this morning to procure an Eagle Rare pick. I saw they had a BuffTurkey bottle available for purchase in the $300s. Didnt give it a second thought at the time because I got what I came in for. My thoughts have since simmered. Ive resolved this bottle might be a rare gem!
There is much speculation pertaining these old barrels. Should I go back?
If memory serves it was this bottle (attached).
 

Attachments

  • Screen Shot 2025-05-25 at 8.11.16 PM.webp
    Screen Shot 2025-05-25 at 8.11.16 PM.webp
    97.1 KB · Views: 60
It's sad, but been into a few Spec's over the last few days in the area and the medallion on the bottles have all been ripped off. Glad you were able to get one that wasn't damaged. Let us know what you think once your able to crack it.
 
Should I circle back to lock down a "BuffTurkey"?
I was in a local store this morning to procure an Eagle Rare pick. I saw they had a BuffTurkey bottle available for purchase in the $300s. Didnt give it a second thought at the time because I got what I came in for. My thoughts have since simmered. Ive resolved this bottle might be a rare gem!
There is much speculation pertaining these old barrels. Should I go back?
If memory serves it was this bottle (attached).
The reviews I've seen on these bottles have all been very good. It's just the price point that is a bit challenging for most. You can buy the 15 and 17 year directly from the distillery. Tempted to get them myself...
 
Back
Top Bottom