New 2027 Ford Super Duty Details & Updates 📰

Digital rear view mirror would be good with a topper or while you have a trailer on. The sell on SUVs is tall passengers or a pile of suitcases.
 
Wife has a digital rear view mirror in her KIA I don’t use it when I drive.
Agreed. There is a delay that I notice when using the rear view camera mirror and side mirrors. It’s very annoying.
 
Drat - no 37" tires

1778328624847.webp
 
Lariat Ultimate no longer available with a 7.3L
Looks like Lariat Premium Package isn’t available with a 7.3L either… It’s either a typo or adding any creature comforts to the Lariat will force you to add the diesel.
 

Attachments

  • IMG_0364.webp
    IMG_0364.webp
    119.4 KB · Views: 11
Looks like Lariat Premium Package isn’t available with a 7.3L either… It’s either a typo or adding any creature comforts to the Lariat will force you to add the diesel.

Woah! That's a major bummer. Guess I'm ordering a XLT Premium and adding Katzkins for sure now.
 
Woah! That's a major bummer. Guess I'm ordering a XLT Premium and adding Katzkins for sure now.
Honestly, if it weren’t for the divorce that the would’ve ensued over the lack of dual climate controls, I probably would’ve done the XLT Premium myself.
 
Looks like Lariat Premium Package isn’t available with a 7.3L either… It’s either a typo or adding any creature comforts to the Lariat will force you to add the diesel.
That's a bummer.
 
Digital rear view mirror would be good with a topper or while you have a trailer on. The sell on SUVs is tall passengers or a pile of suitcases.
I have always been very much against a digital rear view mirror… I’ve driven several vehicles with ‘em and I don’t like using them at all. However here is a use case (a full-time topper) where it totally makes sense. I’m not a topper-guy so I’d never even thought about it…my horizons have been expanded 🤔
 
Just kind of a bizarre about face. Last year they made the standard output available on a Tremor. This year they take it away for everyone.

There was not enough distinction between the 6.8L and 7.3L to justify having both. Go with the one that sells, which is obviously Godzilla.
 
Just kind of a bizarre about face. Last year they made the standard output available on a Tremor. This year they take it away for everyone.

There was not enough distinction between the 6.8L and 7.3L to justify having both. Go with the one that sells, which is obviously Godzilla.
I’m sure it’s the same thing driving both decisions. Supply chain optimization. They get higher volume and lower unit cost but the customer pays the same. More profit for Ford.
 
I’m sure it’s the same thing driving both decisions. Supply chain optimization. They get higher volume and lower unit cost but the customer pays the same. More profit for Ford.
I’ve been a diehard Ford guy for the last 15 years, but I really don’t like the direction Ford is going. Unlike RAM, it feels like Ford is giving us less options, not more.
 
I’ve been a diehard Ford guy for the last 15 years, but I really don’t like the direction Ford is going. Unlike RAM, it feels like Ford is giving us less options, not more.

Makes you wonder what the 2028 changes will be. Lariat and up only diesel?
 
Woah! That's a major bummer. Guess I'm ordering a XLT Premium and adding Katzkins for sure now.
Not the worst thing. If you want to ruin a Lariat or Platinum owner's day have them sit in an XL or XLT seat. Platinum seats feel like they're full of concrete compared to XLT seats.
 
I’ve been a diehard Ford guy for the last 15 years, but I really don’t like the direction Ford is going. Unlike RAM, it feels like Ford is giving us less options, not more.
Ram hives more….of questionable quality. I know 3 owners that have nothing but problems.
 
Not the worst thing. If you want to ruin a Lariat or Platinum owner's day have them sit in an XL or XLT seat. Platinum seats feel like they're full of concrete compared to XLT seats.
🤷‍♂️ love my platinum seats and yes I’ve been in pheasant trucks at work (fleet vehicles) XL and XLT’s does not ruin my day in the slightest lol other than hating being in a stripped work truck
 
Ram hives more….of questionable quality. I know 3 owners that have nothing but problems.
And you think ford doesn’t have problems plenty of ford truck owners out there pretty pissed off 🤔, they all cut corners and do stupid shit to line their pockets
 
And you think ford doesn’t have problems plenty of ford truck owners out there pretty pissed off 🤔, they all cut corners and do stupid shit to line their pockets
Never said that, did I. Just that I have friends with Ram and I have had much fewer problems with 4 Fords than any of them with one Ram.
 
Never said that, did I. Just that I have friends with Ram and I have had much fewer problems with 4 Fords than any of them with one Ram.
I’m the exact opposite my buddy owns a shop and tons of fords, personally I’ve had 3 fords now 2 tremors and a bronco and all 3 have been in the shop more than the multitude of ram/cummins I’ve had now granted nothing major except the bronco freaken thing had 1200 miles on it and they had to pull the engine to do cam phasers, don’t get me wrong I still prefer the superduty mainly because of the tremor package (for now) but if Jeep sticks a v8 back in the grand Cherokee the bronco will be gone in a flash
 
I’m the exact opposite my buddy owns a shop and tons of fords, personally I’ve had 3 fords now 2 tremors and a bronco and all 3 have been in the shop more than the multitude of ram/cummins I’ve had now granted nothing major except the bronco freaken thing had 1200 miles on it and they had to pull the engine to do cam phasers, don’t get me wrong I still prefer the superduty mainly because of the tremor package (for now) but if Jeep sticks a v8 back in the grand Cherokee the bronco will be gone in a flash
Different (Power) strokes, I guess. I’ll never own a Stellantis product. Before them, Dodge/ Ram were pretty good. Albeit ugly IMO. The guys I know all have 2019+ Rams and they are literally falling apart inside. Electronics are poo after a couple years.
I used to have a 2012 Jeep GC with the Hemi. It was a fantastic vehicle. A real hoot to romp in the stupid pedal.
 
Back
Top Bottom