New 2027 Ford Super Duty Details & Updates 📰

🤷‍♂️ love my platinum seats and yes I’ve been in pheasant trucks at work (fleet vehicles) XL and XLT’s does not ruin my day in the slightest lol other than hating being in a stripped work truck
"Pheasant trucks"? Like used for stocking birds?
 
"Pheasant trucks"? Like used for stocking birds?
IMG_4302.gif
 
Ford is in trouble imo, F-series sales are in a 18% slump, they are deep discounting as it is, and now they pull this bullshit (forcing more expensive 7.3 for base) and forcing HO diesel for the upgrade with higher MSRP on either….
 
Last edited:
"Pheasant trucks"? Like used for stocking birds?
lol yep birds, just a joke man peasant/pheasant just a play on words that’s been going for I don’t know how many years now
 
I get it. XL and XLT is a peasant truck. Kinda like douche bag/doosh bag is just a play on words.
 
Unfortunately my peasant XLT was well into Lariat $$ territory by the time it had the XLT Premium Package, Black Appearance Package, Power Rear Window, Twin Panel Moonroof, Center Console etc 🤷🏼‍♂️. I could have ordered a Lariat with some patience and saved a few bucks, in fact the guy who owns the marina I slip my boat at has a 2024 Lariat that MSRP $11,000 less than my 26 XLT, but bear in mind his is a super cab versus mine being crew.

The one thing Super Duty XLT falls short on is auto dual climate, the F-150 XLT Premium gets it. For a $76,000 gas truck, I think auto climate is a reasonable expectation.
 
Unfortunately my peasant XLT was well into Lariat $$ territory by the time it had the XLT Premium Package, Black Appearance Package, Power Rear Window, Twin Panel Moonroof, Center Console etc 🤷🏼‍♂️. I could have ordered a Lariat with some patience and saved a few bucks, in fact the guy who owns the marina I slip my boat at has a 2024 Lariat that MSRP $11,000 less than my 26 XLT, but bear in mind his is a super cab versus mine being crew.

The one thing Super Duty XLT falls short on is auto dual climate, the F-150 XLT Premium gets it. For a $76,000 gas truck, I think auto climate is a reasonable expectation.
No doubt they are all just ridiculously expensive at this point honestly I feel ford is pricing themselves out of the market at least for the normal working guy unless the truck is actually earning income it’s at the point just not worth it anymore
 
It all ends up there will be more available for those that really want one. 😆😆😆😜😜😜

Honestly the problem was taking away some of the upper ended (in some makes standard features) options that could go on the Lariat trim level. It's 100% BS any SD truck these days isn't coming standard with LED lights all around for one. Forcing people to buy a Platinum just to get LED projectors is 1000% BS. :unsure::unsure::unsure:😡😡😡😡

:cool::cool:🇺🇲🇺🇲🇺🇲🇺🇲
 
I guess I’m ahead of Ford?

I already built a "Long Bed Tremor" on my 26 Lariat.

Other than the Front Differential I built a Standard Lariat into a Tremor. I already had most of the Takeoff parts from my 24 Tremor.
 
Order *GUIDE* came out on Fri, but today (Monday), it appears that the order *BANKS* for 27s are not yet open. Or, at least the "build and price" on ford.com will only allow you to build 26s.

Any fresh intel on when the order banks will open?
 
Order *GUIDE* came out on Fri, but today (Monday), it appears that the order *BANKS* for 27s are not yet open. Or, at least the "build and price" on ford.com will only allow you to build 26s.

Any fresh intel on when the order banks will open?
According to long McArthur build and price won’t be up until August. Order banks are now open for 27s.
 
Order *GUIDE* came out on Fri, but today (Monday), it appears that the order *BANKS* for 27s are not yet open. Or, at least the "build and price" on ford.com will only allow you to build 26s.

Any fresh intel on when the order banks will open?
The build and price generally lags a few months hell they still have 25 bronco build and price up lol
 
The build and price generally lags a few months hell they still have 25 bronco build and price up lol
Thanks. So...since the order banks are now open, if I order today, what's a realistic time-frame for actually taking delivery of the truck?
 
Thanks. So...since the order banks are now open, if I order today, what's a realistic time-frame for actually taking delivery of the truck?
The order banks being open doesn’t matter much the more important thing to know would be when the plant actually starts building 27’s I don’t know when the change over to 27’s is but once that happens and the plant is assembling 27’s should be approx. 8-12 weeks
 
The order banks being open doesn’t matter much the more important thing to know would be when the plant actually starts building 27’s
Should be about 6 months out before they are ready to cut over. If you were in the first few hundred you might get it by Christmas. My 2024 order was balanced out in November 2024 when the 2025’s took over.
 
Should be about 6 months out before they are ready to cut over. If you were in the first few hundred you might get it by Christmas. My 2024 order was balanced out in November 2024 when the 2025’s took over.
Every year is different
 
Different (Power) strokes, I guess. I’ll never own a Stellantis product. Before them, Dodge/ Ram were pretty good. Albeit ugly IMO. The guys I know all have 2019+ Rams and they are literally falling apart inside. Electronics are poo after a couple years.

I have a different experience with RAM. Bought a new 2019 3500 diesel flatbed that currently has just shy of 100K miles with a few recalls but overall has been a good truck. Bought another 3500 in Dec new because that's what my guys wanted. The '19 gave us good service so figured I'd buy what they wanted.

My personal truck is a '22 350 Plat Tremor that has been fantastic truck. Over the last 27 years I've owned 25-30 Superduty's from 250's to 550's, pickups to dumps. The absolutely worst trucks I've ever owned were the 4 - 6.0's. Miraculously survived those boat anchors and still a Ford guy.

Looking at ordering a '27 since it appears they put Iconic silver back on the color scheme.
 
Some minor changes to note, but nothing crazy. Still 1000% BS you can't get LED Projector headlights and LED tail lights unless you get the Platinum trim package.

:cool: :cool: 🇺🇲 🇺🇲 🇺🇲 🇺🇲
 

Attachments

Back
Top Bottom