New 2027 Ford Super Duty Details & Updates 📰

Tomorrow, May 8th, order banks open for 2027's. Hoping to get a look at the order guide to see if there are any new colors.

2026's build will balance out on May 14th.

All of this is per Long McArthur.
 
I'm afraid The 27 trucks will be equipped with kill switches that can't be circumvented, and biometric scanners that decide whether or not you are fit enough to drive.

You want a computer making that decision for you in an emergency, or if you've got the flu because it thinks you're drunk or high?

No thank you.

I don't care of it comes with a 2,000hp engine that gets 300mpg and blows you while you drive.

Just say no to giving up your liberty.


-JMHO.
 
I don't care of it comes with a 2,000hp engine that gets 300mpg and blows you while you drive.

Just say no to giving up your liberty.
I mean, I might give up a little liberty for that...

(100% kidding 😜)
 
There's no indication the proposed technology will be standard on the 2027 model year.

Vehicle planning is easily 3-5 years out, if 2027 was going to be a completely new model or even a slight refresh then maybe. But from what we know 2029 will be the refresh year.
 
There's no indication the proposed technology will be standard on the 2027 model year.

Vehicle planning is easily 3-5 years out, if 2027 was going to be a completely new model or even a slight refresh then maybe. But from what we know 2029 will be the refresh year.
2029?...........say it ain't so! I don't know if I can milk this 21' for another 3 more years. Daddy really needs wants a new ride that's not an update but a completely new design.
 
I'm afraid The 27 trucks will be equipped with kill switches that can't be circumvented, and biometric scanners that decide whether or not you are fit enough to drive.

You want a computer making that decision for you in an emergency, or if you've got the flu because it thinks you're drunk or high?

No thank you.

I don't care of it comes with a 2,000hp engine that gets 300mpg and blows you while you drive.

Just say no to giving up your liberty.


-JMHO.
What about a Glory Hole?
 
Anyone who has or has had blue cruise or anything similar will know ford - or any car manufacture just doesn’t shut the car down and leave you high and dry. It gives you every bit of warning / multiple /different warnings that allow you to pull over safely if needed. A kill switch is probably one of the more beneficial things a car company can do - from stopping thieves / to keeping as many drivers safe as possible. Will there be a very small sample size of something that went wrong similar to telsa FSD? Of course but that is part of the progression and learning

Why is insurance now cheaper with teslas that are equipped with FSD? Because the % of accident ls has gone down significantly vs vehicles without it.

I will keep buying a ford even with a kill switch and life will go on.
 
Anyone who has or has had blue cruise or anything similar will know ford - or any car manufacture just doesn’t shut the car down and leave you high and dry. It gives you every bit of warning / multiple /different warnings that allow you to pull over safely if needed. A kill switch is probably one of the more beneficial things a car company can do - from stopping thieves / to keeping as many drivers safe as possible. Will there be a very small sample size of something that went wrong similar to telsa FSD? Of course but that is part of the progression and learning

Why is insurance now cheaper with teslas that are equipped with FSD? Because the % of accident ls has gone down significantly vs vehicles without it.

I will keep buying a ford even with a kill switch and life will go on.
Insurance is cheaper now? Could have fooled me haha. My wife has a Tesla Model Y and its the most expensive out of all my cars to insure. We are both 45 with clean driving records with 4 vehicles and a travel trailer and we are paying over $15k a year... That is not counting homeowners or umbrella so I am well over $20k a year just in insurance costs. Back in 2020 we were paying about $5k a year for 6 vehicles. Maybe its just a California thing as usual.
 
This! I wanted the Tremor package when I bought my '24, but I wanted Supercab more. So bought '24 Supercab FX4 in Lariat trim. Now you can't even get them in Lariat (supercab trim now only in XL and XLT trims) so glad I bought when I did.
Choices are getting less rather than more for Supercab and I expect that unfortunate trend to continues.
100% agree with you, Chad!

Though I hope you are incorrect about the trend continuing. :) Maybe we find out tomorrow with the 2027 order book supposedly coming out!
 
Insurance is cheaper now? Could have fooled me haha. My wife has a Tesla Model Y and its the most expensive out of all my cars to insure. We are both 45 with clean driving records with 4 vehicles and a travel trailer and we are paying over $15k a year... That is not counting homeowners or umbrella so I am well over $20k a year just in insurance costs. Back in 2020 we were paying about $5k a year for 6 vehicles. Maybe its just a California thing as usual.
Yes. If the Tesla has FSD their are insurance companies that have cut insurance costs

Also ….any pics of Neptune blue? Looks like argon was a one and done possibly?
 
There's no indication the proposed technology will be standard on the 2027 model year.

Vehicle planning is easily 3-5 years out, if 2027 was going to be a completely new model or even a slight refresh then maybe. But from what we know 2029 will be the refresh year.
The bill was signed into law in 2021 or 22 with a target implementation of 2025 originally.

It's behind schedule, but one day we're gonna just wake up in tech overlord hell.

A brand new model would the perfect opportunity.

That's my intuition.

Whenever we see the 8l diesel, is when we'll see this tech.

Keep in mind i bought my 23 thinking it would be the next to last year before thekill switch happens. I've been aware of this since the great stupid came over the land. Fur all we DON'T know. It could be installed in our 25 c and 26 trucks already, just dormant until that fateful OTA update comes through.

Only one way to stop those that i know of. That's physically unplugging the modem.

paranoid?

Yes.

For good reason?

Yes.

I'm now seeing flock cameras showing up in the ski towns. Not just the big cities. it's pissing me off.


Now if someone comes in and makes an argument in favor of flock cameras, I swear to God..... we're fighting. 👊👊:ROFLMAO:
 
Last edited:
Anyone who has or has had blue cruise or anything similar will know ford - or any car manufacture just doesn’t shut the car down and leave you high and dry. It gives you every bit of warning / multiple /different warnings that allow you to pull over safely if needed. A kill switch is probably one of the more beneficial things a car company can do - from stopping thieves / to keeping as many drivers safe as possible. Will there be a very small sample size of something that went wrong similar to telsa FSD? Of course but that is part of the progression and learning

Why is insurance now cheaper with teslas that are equipped with FSD? Because the % of accident ls has gone down significantly vs vehicles without it.

I will keep buying a ford even with a kill switch and life will go on.
You could not describe a more polar opposite point of view to mine than that.

We cool though...

May your chains rest lightly.
 
Even if it's your dream 7 liter Coyote?? :p
I would try to buy a crate version and put it in my my 7 lug 150. Right in front of the 4r100. Coyote got them long legs . 4 gears is plenty.
:ROFLMAO:
 
Last edited:
God night y'all, I'm just exhausted. Not drunk or manic. i don't really drink, but sometimes do get a little revved up.

Crashing out after a loooong work day that began yesterday.
 
Anyways..... Neptune Blue is new and Iconic Silver is back.

Waiting for my build to mostly likely balance out, thinking about changing to a long bed Tremor in iconic silver most likely.
 
Back
Top Bottom