New 2027 Ford Super Duty Details & Updates 📰

Haha, want to bet on a 28 being the same body style?
I bet 28 will be if they follow the trend, but I think consumers will demand more change.

I’ll keep my square jaw ‘22 still.
 
I bet 28 will be if they follow the trend, but I think consumers will demand more change.

I’ll keep my square jaw ‘22 still.
So bottom line what’s the thought here 29 MY will be the redesign?
 
With BNG. If you call that a redesign. Maybe a grille. But still no real accoutrements to identify a Tremor other than wheels and a sticker 😂
 
@TRAMPER Now that the XL trucks get the Tremor package, you and all your other XLT brethren have to give-up the pheasant title. You're being upgraded to a slightly fancier bird: Pukeko

ed577dbaae458cb82b9a6bcb1b81466f.webp


If that feels too fancy for you, an acceptable alternative would be a Prairie Grouse:

prairie-grouse-game-bird-profile-1200x800.webp
 
I personally would prefer a super cab Platinum (or Lariat) Tremor shortbed. They are too big already.

This! I wanted the Tremor package when I bought my '24, but I wanted Supercab more. So bought '24 Supercab FX4 in Lariat trim. Now you can't even get them in Lariat (supercab trim now only in XL and XLT trims) so glad I bought when I did.
Choices are getting less rather than more for Supercab and I expect that unfortunate trend to continues.
 
Last edited:
Yeah I was going to buy a 2016 King Ranch Supercab, but went to the Power Wagon instead. Same wheelbase but the PW had the winch, front locker. The new truck I have ordered is 12" longer wheelbase than my PW, and 30" more than my Chevy 2500 I had before.
 
I bet so.
Hmm that’ll put me off my 3 year turn around lol but the way things are going who knows how long I’ll have to sit on this truck you won’t be able to give HD trucks away especially diesels
 
This! I wanted the Tremor package when I bought my '24, but I wanted Supercab more. So bought '24 Supercab FX4 in Lariat trim. Now you can't even get that (no supercqb over xlt) so glad I bought when I did.
Choices are getting less rather than more for Supercab and I expect that unfortunate trend to continues.
There’s 2 of us 148s! 23 here though and I ended up with the lariat value so no electric power assist steering 👎
 
but the way things are going who knows how long I’ll have to sit on this truck you won’t be able to give HD trucks away especially diesels

Can I tell you HOW many times I heard that in 2008??? 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣

:cool::cool:☕☕🇺🇲🇺🇲🇺🇲🇺🇲
 
Hmm that’ll put me off my 3 year turn around lol but the way things are going who knows how long I’ll have to sit on this truck you won’t be able to give HD trucks away especially diesels
You may seen environmental options (DEF) and such gone by then - maybe better tech, or maybe stripped? Who knows at this point. lol
 
There’s 2 of us 148s! 23 here though and I ended up with the lariat value so no electric power assist steering 👎

The "Ultimate Package" was another thing that could not be ordered with a Supercab Lariat and that is what included Electronically Controlled Hydraulic Steering (ECHA). I had no interest in Pro Trailer Backup Assist and tend to not like how electronic boost effects the steering feel, so I was OK without that feature. Also didn't care about Heads Up Display. I did want the nicer stereo components. I've not driven a Superduty with Adaptive Cruise control, but in my wife's vehicle, it is very annoying and doesn't work well, so I always long press her cruise control to go into standard cruise control. I've since been told the Superduty's adaptive cruise control works very well and doesn't overreact so that probably would have been a nice feature. A well. Getting the 148" wheelbase was far more important than all of those and and this is the best pickup I've ever owned.

We have slide-in camper on fulltime and I immediately put on 285/75R18 (on Tremor take-off wheels) but promised myself I wouldn't change suspension for at least a year to understand first hand what the deficiencies were that I wanted to correct. Been two years now and I've really put it through it's paces on the trails.

In May, I'll put on the Accutune-tuned Fox 2.5" Performance Elite all the way around (they are in transit and supposed to arrive next week!). I'll change from non-tremor 4,800lb front springs to tremor 5,200lb front springs that I bought barely used from someone that replaced their Tremor suspension. Two friends have gone from non-tremor 4,800lb to Tremor 5,200lb and they have the same fulltime payload as me (2,000 - 2,400lb depending on if loaded for a trip or not). Between the 1" taller spring and sitting 0.5" higher in that spring travel due to the increased spring rate, I'll gain 1.5" which is exactly what I'm after. I didn't want 3.5" lift of the Carli because I wanted to keep overall camper height lower as we already scrape out way through tree-lined, tight mountain trails. I'll keep bump stops where they are and that will give me about 50/50 on bump (compression/jounce) travel and droop (rebound) travel. Non-tremor have ridiculously little compression travel stock. The 1" taller spring and increased spring rate will help that significantly.

I'm putting in tremor rear block and adding General Springs 1,224lb add-a-leaf which will give my F250 about the same spring rate as a F350 (like a F250 Tremor). I will eventually do full progressive spring pack in the rear, but one expense at a time. Shocks were expensive enough. I'll also delete that anti-swaybar and install skinny 37s (or 38s) since my goal is always to fit the tallest tire on the least amount of lift because I want the benefits of the taller tire (better rollover and increased axle clearance) while not increasing overall height with a tall lift. Perfect combination for my use case.
 
What can i say other than MILK THAT COW, Ford. And why not add tremor to a regular cab too, while you’re at it?

What I’m selfishly happy about is simply this:

The 27 Superduty will look and drive exactly the same as my 23 Superduty. No real changes (only embarrassing deletes each year and higher MSRP) for the 5th year straight. Thank you Ford!
“If it ain’t broke don’t fix it”?
 
I am really looking forward to being able to order the CC LB Tremor Package.
I must admit. Love this truck, but I do miss the long box every so often.
 
Was watching Long McArthur’s livestream last night and he ended up confirming 2027 order banks open “8-10 days into May”. He couldn’t give exact dates.

I placed my order for mine Tremor this week through Granger fully expecting to get moved to a 2027.

I hope there are some new color options for 2027s. I would love a green Tremor.
 
Back
Top Bottom