FYI 2022 Updated Production Schedule

I thought you and I were possibly on the same “chip hold”, but I finally received the built email - Platinum 7.3
We probably were for the seats somebody from KTP said they started getting some of the seat modules in but there’s no order as to what trucks get them so I’d assume your luck is just better than mine which isn’t saying much if it wasn’t for bad luck I wouldn’t have any
 
My dealer called me this morning to let me know my 6/20 build week truck just moved to "in production" and he emailed me the window sticker. I mentioned the shut downs and he guessed it wouldn't affect trucks with build weeks prior to the already planned 4th of July shutdown and was likely staged for the stamping plant to slow down prior to that purposely since there are already a couple planned weeks off at the assembly plants.

Favorite part of the call was him berating the price increases from time of order until now (~$4500 higher is shown on the window sticker), saying that it was absolutely ridiculous, and reminding me I was fully price protected and they would honor my plan price without me asking. Not a huge dealer, but great to work with.

Told me I'd have my truck for our planned CO vacation in late July as long as it didn't get stuck in chip hold or transport purgatory.
 
We probably were for the seats somebody from KTP said they started getting some of the seat modules in but there’s no order as to what trucks get them so I’d assume your luck is just better than mine which isn’t saying much if it wasn’t for bad luck I wouldn’t have any
Sorry to hear your truck still hasn’t finished being built. I hope you end up getting the seats you ordered. I was updating my window sticker every day multiple times making sure there wasn’t a $300 credit for the seat delete
 
Sorry to hear your truck still hasn’t finished being built. I hope you end up getting the seats you ordered. I was updating my window sticker every day multiple times making sure there wasn’t a $300 credit for the seat delete
I’m safe on the seats just a matter of when they get around to plugging the module in
 
My truck has been in production since 6/7. Dealer shows sent to body shop and no chip hold ( Ford deleted my seats). My 2 questions are: 1) How long should it take at body shop? 2) Has anybody had window sticker change?
My window sticker has a date of 6/1. Thanks
 
Original production date was 6/20. Checked the order tracker today and my truck shows in production. Using OrderTrack.app website, it shows it’s been in production for more than 3 days.

Window sticker showing $3,315 higher price. Gonna talk with my dealer Friday to see what they’re gonna do about it.

Order date: 12-22-21
VIN assigned: 5-12-22
Window Sticker: 6-15-22

F250, Lariat Ultimate, Tremor, BAP, 5WP, Spray Liner
 
Last edited:
Window sticker showing $3,315 higher price. Gonna talk with my dealer Friday to see what they’re gonna do about it.

The aren’t going to do anything whatsoever about the window sticker, it’s been posted repeatedly the window sticker will display the MSRP of the configuration at the time of manufacture. The window sticker is accurate.

But the window sticker doesn’t have anything to do with the deal you negotiated with the dealer, nor the dealers cost with ford (which was price protected, the cost of the truck didn’t increase from the time of order). You should have agreed on a specific price at the time of order and stick with it.
 
Just in case folks missed it.
 

Attachments

  • FC35A841-9317-4AB5-827D-40917D0DEB56.webp
    FC35A841-9317-4AB5-827D-40917D0DEB56.webp
    53.6 KB · Views: 197
The aren’t going to do anything whatsoever about the window sticker, it’s been posted repeatedly the window sticker will display the MSRP of the configuration at the time of manufacture. The window sticker is accurate.

But the window sticker doesn’t have anything to do with the deal you negotiated with the dealer, nor the dealers cost with ford (which was price protected, the cost of the truck didn’t increase from the time of order). You should have agreed on a specific price at the time of order and stick with it.

Thanks for the info! That gives me a better understanding of what to ask my dealer. I also have XPlan Pricing that was discussed and signed off on when I placed my order.
 
If anybody's been on chip Hold mine was released this morning for shipping.. My truck was built on the 28th of last month waiting for a chip !
 
salesman told me they had one preview this week, still one truck ahead of me FMW. He also told me 23 order banks open Jan 23 so I will probably get my truck in Nov and order a 23 if i can get better pricing this time around. May go with a bigger dealer that has better offers, feel like i got screwed paying 500 less than MSRP but I guess its better than paying 10,000 over
 
Thanks for the info! That gives me a better understanding of what to ask my dealer. I also have XPlan Pricing that was discussed and signed off on when I placed my order.
Make a statement, not a question, if they try to increase from your deal. "The invoice pricing from the time of order did not change, ford has price protected that as you should be well aware." Did you translate your "X plan" deal into an actual price when you agree to the deal? IE X-plan on this $69k MSRP configuration we're ordering is $64,199 (example only) and sign that order form? Makes it alot easier if you knew the exact price you agree upon before as opposed to "X-plan" because the invoice pricing has changed (but the dealer is price protected) so unless you had it documented what that invoice price was at the time of your deal you're back on your heels a bit. Still don't acknowledge that predicament if so, punch right back if needed. "Ford price protected the cost of this truck to the time of order, we agree upon X-plan pricing to that invoice price and I expect you to stand by the deal agreed upon."

Some dealers are going to be totally honest and not try anything sticking by the deal both parties agree upon. Some will take a quick pass and try to increase your price but will correct it when called out by a knowledgeable customer, these types of people rationalize their dishonesty and they haven't scammed anyone if a customer agrees to the change and doesn't fight back despite them being the more knowledgeable one about their cost not actually changing. Some will be sleazed bags and straight up fight to screw you over.
 
May go with a bigger dealer that has better offers, feel like i got screwed paying 500 less than MSRP but I guess its better than paying 10,000 over
I don't think its always size related, but you need to shop a deal and negotiate. When I ordered by truck I took the granger 2% under invoice offer and shopped that to a dozen dealers local to me (all via email). I was perfectly ready to order from and drive a truck back from granger but wanted to give the local dealers a chance to retain the business. Many scoffed at the idea and tried to give me a lesson about "local market pricing" which I laughed back and reminded them I wasn't forced to buy local. Two dealers agreed to match that pricing, being at a coin flip I was going to order from the closer deal unless the further one wanted to scoop the deal, said I wasn't going back and forth beyond this final decision, the further dealer wanted the deal so they knocked $500 more off and I told them to send me the order form with pricing to sign and called in a deposit afterwards. I don't think the dealer I ordered from is a particularly large one.
 
And now the price of the truck is going up due to increase in interest rates. I can’t lock in now if I don’t even have a VIN. But I understand, I mean I only orders 7 months ago!
 
If anybody's been on chip Hold mine was released this morning for shipping.. My truck was built on the 28th of last month waiting for a chip !
May 28th? Damn it I’ve been on chip hold since 5/4 still nothing. One things for sure ford perfected the method of how to really piss people off
 
Last edited:
Quick question to see if anyone has a clear understanding for me.
My window sticker populated a few days ago, which I'm thrilled about... I'm out in CA and noticed that my transport info is listed as "Convoy" "Ramp 1 CD27".
Does this mean my truck will be transported by truck/trailer to a distribution lot in SoCal, and not by rail at any point?
If so, it would be interesting to know that if in general the west coast gets serviced by truck rather than rail.
 
Anyone get a vin today? I know that scheduling was supposed to occur at 1600 EST but not seeing anyone post the success emails.
 
Quick question to see if anyone has a clear understanding for me.
My window sticker populated a few days ago, which I'm thrilled about... I'm out in CA and noticed that my transport info is listed as "Convoy" "Ramp 1 CD27".
Does this mean my truck will be transported by truck/trailer to a distribution lot in SoCal, and not by rail at any point?
If so, it would be interesting to know that if in general the west coast gets serviced by truck rather than rail.
When my WS populated back in May, mine said convoy. Once my truck was built on May 23rd (still on chip hold) it was changed to rail. I'm in northern California. I don't think there is any rhyme or reason to what ford cas been doing lately.
 
Back
Top Bottom