FYI 2022 Updated Production Schedule

Any idea how long it takes after email that a VIN has been assigned and production date before window sticker is visible? Also I have a lariat but when I look at accessories it mentioned multicountour delete, does that impact my original order?
Vin usually pops up about a week before actual build date
 
I’m seriously wondering this. I’m seeing people that ordered way after me with the same exact build get scheduled before me. Even my own dealer has told me “yeah we’ve order several trucks EXACTLY like yours way after, and they have already come in. We don’t know what is going on with yours…” like seriously what is all that about. I wish the waiting game was a straight line. Go down the list all based on time of order. Very frustrating to say the least. Im starting to think the truck won’t even get built, at least that’s how my dealer makes me feel.
In a case like yours, it would sure be nice if the dealer would go an extra step (and earn some of that money he's making) and ask the regional rep why you're being passed up. I'm sure that there's a reason and someone knows what it is.
 
I’m seriously wondering this. I’m seeing people that ordered way after me with the same exact build get scheduled before me. Even my own dealer has told me “yeah we’ve order several trucks EXACTLY like yours way after, and they have already come in. We don’t know what is going on with yours…” like seriously what is all that about. I wish the waiting game was a straight line. Go down the list all based on time of order. Very frustrating to say the least. Im starting to think the truck won’t even get built, at least that’s how my dealer makes me feel.
I was a late October order. Built 3/21, been in shipping purgatory since 4/4. I can't tell you how I finally got movement, but it did involve calling Ford Corporate in Detroit. There's a chance I'll get my truck this month now that it's been found.
 
Last edited:
Dealer said he could remove bedliner without taking off BAP, and remove tonneau cover. I told him I won’t budge on AS or fifth wheel. Since I can do liner and cover locally should I do it. Any recommendations
 
Dealer said he could remove bedliner without taking off BAP, and remove tonneau cover. I told him I won’t budge on AS or fifth wheel. Since I can do liner and cover locally should I do it. Any recommendations
I don't think dropping those will speed it up if you don't drop the AS and fifth prep. I could be wrong though.
 
I don't think dropping those will speed it up if you don't drop the AS and fifth prep. I could be wrong though.
Salesman called regional and was told it might help as the more constraints you have the more you get looked over in his opinion. At this point who the hell knows. But since those are simple add ons I can get done here I told him go ahead on those too. Plus maybe truck will ship faster if it ever gets built it won’t have to wait for liner. My local bedliner company has two day turnaround
 
I’m seriously wondering this. I’m seeing people that ordered way after me with the same exact build get scheduled before me. Even my own dealer has told me “yeah we’ve order several trucks EXACTLY like yours way after, and they have already come in. We don’t know what is going on with yours…” like seriously what is all that about. I wish the waiting game was a straight line. Go down the list all based on time of order. Very frustrating to say the least. Im starting to think the truck won’t even get built, at least that’s how my dealer makes me feel.

Have you asked your dealer what priority code they've set you at? You'll want yours to be at a 10. Might even talk to the sales manager and ask, since they've had others ordered after yours scheduled, if they can talk to their regional/zone manager and get yours bumped.
 
Why has my truck been in production since the 28th of last month? Its populated and I had the dealer check . He shows in production as well... My anxiousness has gotten worse lol... Hope there's nothing wrong with it ! Ordered 08/04
Just got an update from my Dealer this morning ... The truck is out of production and parked.. Waiting on Micro Chip with no ETA
 

Attachments

Just got an update from my Dealer this morning ... The truck is out of production and parked.. Waiting on Micro Chip with no ETA
I have heard this happening with other vehicles, but this is the first I've heard with a Super Duty.
 
Just got an update from my Dealer this morning ... The truck is out of production and parked.. Waiting on Micro Chip with no ETA
Mine has shown in production since 5/4, no modules yet...Checked with dealer today and he says it isn't showing any delays and has an ETA to the dealer on 6/6... Did your dealer know what chip they were waiting on?
 
I'll test that theory. I have 2 on order (Lariat Ultimate 6.7, BAP, one with 5WP one without), first ordered 10/27, second ordered 11/26. No VIN/build date for either yet.
My order was confirmed July 7 2021 and still no vin or build date. Looks like I will be hitting the one year mark.
 
I have heard this happening with other vehicles, but this is the first I've heard with a Super Duty.

Someone posted ?two days ago? in this thread that they were having production issues related to shortage of wire looms.


I think Ford has been flying by the seat of their pants on production for a while, scheduling and producing based on perceived supply rather than on-hand supply.
 
Mine has shown in production since 5/4, no modules yet...Checked with dealer today and he says it isn't showing any delays and has an ETA to the dealer on 6/6... Did your dealer know what chip they were waiting on?
I'm not sure.... Its a completely loaded truck Msrp 94k could be adaptive steering , supplemental heat, something for the contoured seats..
Just guessing of course ...
 
Just got off the phone with my sales rep, the dealership has 10 vehicles waiting at the rail yard for a couple of weeks. They are of course besides themselves, and mentioned they use to be able to go pick up the cars/trucks and drive them back in emergency issues. This has stopped because of the new union rules. But you would think with diesel cost that the union would make exception. Everything is so upside down.
Still with all that is going on in this world, I am really lucky and should not be so petty.
 
Salesman called regional and was told it might help as the more constraints you have the more you get looked over in his opinion. At this point who the hell knows. But since those are simple add ons I can get done here I told him go ahead on those too. Plus maybe truck will ship faster if it ever gets built it won’t have to wait for liner. My local bedliner company has two day turnaround

Well if you keep the fifth prep it's still going to have to go across the street for that. I guess it comes down to if you are willing to pay more for it after the fact. Good luck, hope you get scheduled soon.
 
Back
Top Bottom