FYI 2022 Updated Production Schedule

It's the seats and it doesn't look like it's getting any better with Ford adding the option to drop them in the SD now.

When I picked up my truck (350 Plat) last Friday the salesman said I was lucky to get the seats. He said Ford is going to start shipping trucks without them but who knows if he's right or not.
 
When I picked up my truck (350 Plat) last Friday the salesman said I was lucky to get the seats. He said Ford is going to start shipping trucks without them but who knows if he's right or not.

They’ve done similar things on the 150’s so I wouldn’t be surprised. People were saying trucks would show up at the dealership with a credit on the window sticker for the reduced/removed feature.

I’d be livid, personally, especially $300 for leather seats.

Of course, standard disclaimer, that’s just what I read on forums. I’ve seen people here say similar things only to find out their dealer changed their order.

But based on the screenshots people posted of their window stickers, I tend to think it’s true.
 
When I picked up my truck (350 Plat) last Friday the salesman said I was lucky to get the seats. He said Ford is going to start shipping trucks without them but who knows if he's right or not.

They’ve done similar things on the 150’s so I wouldn’t be surprised. People were saying trucks would show up at the dealership with a credit on the window sticker for the reduced/removed feature.

I’d be livid, personally, especially $300 for leather seats.

Of course, standard disclaimer, that’s just what I read on forums. I’ve seen people here say similar things only to find out their dealer changed their order.

But based on the screenshots people posted of their window stickers, I tend to think it’s true.
Ford has added an option code to remove the multi-contour seats. They shouldn't show up without them unless the dealer changes the order to add the code. They will still have the same leather just not the massage feature.
 
Ford has added an option code to remove the multi-contour seats. They shouldn't show up without them unless the dealer changes the order to add the code. They will still have the same leather just not the massage feature.
They better not remove the massage feature from my order. It is the only reason I bumped up to a Platinum. I would have built a Lariat otherwise. $300 is not going to cut it $3000 would be closer to the perceived value of that feature for me.
 
Ford has added an option code to remove the multi-contour seats. They shouldn't show up without them unless the dealer changes the order to add the code. They will still have the same leather just not the massage feature.

Like I said, plenty of people saying it’s happening and their dealer saying it wasn’t them. I had only seen it on 150’s until I looked today and I see people saying it in the SD forum at BOF.

I looked for the bulletin but I only found the 150 bulletin before I ran out of time and it says the delete is required:


May not be that way on SD trucks yet but may mean being required is coming. Who knows.
 
Like I said, plenty of people saying it’s happening and their dealer saying it wasn’t them. I had only seen it on 150’s until I looked today and I see people saying it in the SD forum at BOF.

I looked for the bulletin but I only found the 150 bulletin before I ran out of time and it says the delete is required:


May not be that way on SD trucks yet but may mean being required is coming. Who knows.
I hope not, like others it’s one of the reasons I went platinum…. I’d rather it get built with chip hold, but deleting one of the key features is bullshit. $300 credit isn’t much either.
 
They better not remove the massage feature from my order. It is the only reason I bumped up to a Platinum. I would have built a Lariat otherwise. $300 is not going to cut it $3000 would be closer to the perceived value of that feature for me.
Agree. I would have went with a loaded lariat for thousands cheaper. So $300 is not going to cut it. While pricing a new truck. A loaded lariat tremor was the same price as a platinum non-tremor. It’s a big price difference. A loaded platinum tremor was about $5k more.
 
Might be a tactic for you to refuse the truck and then be able to mark it up.
 
Might be a tactic for you to refuse the truck and then be able to mark it up.
This is such bull crap on Ford’s part. So when the 23’s are released they won’t have any of these options available either? I am willing to be they will have full range of option availability but those of us who already ordered 22’s are getting Screwed probably due to the suppliers already building 23’ parts!!!

Hindsight being 20-20 I definitely screwed up catastrophicly by pre-trading my fully loaded f250 KR for a 22 platinum tremor which by the time Ford gets through screwing me will show up as an F250 XL with manual windows and no cruise control with an old 300 inline 6 cylinder. This shit can’t be made up and is an utter failure on Ford and a slap in the face to their customers. If my truck ever gets a vin and has options deleted I am going to melt down after waiting and waiting. Hell I should have bought one that was close enough and paid the “dealer markup”
 
They better not remove the massage feature from my order. It is the only reason I bumped up to a Platinum. I would have built a Lariat otherwise. $300 is not going to cut it $3000 would be closer to the perceived value of that feature for me.
My feelings EXACTLY!
 
Might be a tactic for you to refuse the truck and then be able to mark it up.
If this happens I won’t be refusing the truck. I will be renegotiating my purchase price. $300 isn’t going to cut it

Guess I will know sometime next week when they release my window sticker - scheduled for 5/16
 
If this happens I won’t be refusing the truck. I will be renegotiating my purchase price. $300 isn’t going to cut it

Guess I will know sometime next week when they release my window sticker - scheduled for 5/16
Please keep us informed. My build is 5/17
 
I agree with all of you on this idiotic situation with FMCO deleting a feature that we know is worth far more than $300. This bait and switch tactic without the customer input is BS. The option for the customer to adjust and stay in line should be available, simply as good business practices. I'll contact my dealer tomorrow morning to address and see if there is any way to opt into waiting for the commodity to arrive rather than shipping without. I currently have a build date of 5/30 on a November order and at this point I guess I would be willing to wait another month or whatever (crossing my fingers...) to get the actual truck I ordered. I'll post the feedback I get.
 
in all fairness, I think it's still unknown if it's actually going to get pulled. I seriously hope not and there could be a chance they pulled from the -150s to push into the super duties?
 
in all fairness, I think it's still unknown if it's actually going to get pulled. I seriously hope not and there could be a chance they pulled from the -150s to push into the super duties?
You are absolutely right, but if and when it actually happens, it would be nice to make our own choices rather than have them forced upon us.

I seriously hope not, as well...
 
You are absolutely right, but if and when it actually happens, it would be nice to make our own choices rather than have them forced upon us.

I seriously hope not, as well...
id rather step down to a different trim with old pricing plan, order number, date and pri-code....
 
id rather step down to a different trim with old pricing plan, order number, date and pri-code....
Me too. I'd go Lariat with BAP and ultimate, plus others. The seats were a huge selling point on the platinum. FMCO must know that, so I hope you are right that they will hold out and keep the feature on the SD's
 
After almost 10 hours of driving, stopped be the dealer on the way in to the hotel to see if the truck was on the lot outside the gates.

Almost surreal after a 9 month wait. Will be picking it up in the morning.

3E43DACB-8E03-4083-961D-1AF0F51919C7.webp
 
After almost 10 hours of driving, stopped be the dealer on the way in to the hotel to see if the truck was on the lot outside the gates.

Almost surreal after a 9 month wait. Will be picking it up in the morning.

View attachment 52138
Congratulations! That's a beautiful looking truck! I really hope that you enjoy the drive home!
 
Maybe this will be the week Red Eye will arrive home? Happy Monday everyone.
 
Back
Top Bottom