FYI 2022 Updated Production Schedule

The X-plan code you get is good for a year. The only thing I had to do to get my order was give them a copy of my driver's license. So if the truck takes more than a year from the time of the issuance of the X-plan code to me, that code becomes non-valid. The sales manager suggested I contact the person who gave me the code and have them cancel it and get a new one, which I would rather not do as it's an inconvenience to someone nice enough to get it for me. So my main question to the Michigan people who have taken delivery is: How long did it take, from your build date to delivery?
Michigan guy here, mine was on the long end for delivery but took about a month from build date till I picked it up. Others have seen them within 2 weeks.
 
This notion of $300 credit for the seats is interesting. Could that be the actual cost vs perceived value and markup making itself known? Meaning Ford discounts the cost by their actual production savings? :unsure:
My thoughts exactly! Did FMCO lift their skirt and show us their mfg cost on the seats that we pay $2000 for?
 
Michigan guy here, mine was on the long end for delivery but took about a month from build date till I picked it up. Others have seen them within 2 weeks.
Cool, thank you. A month would still keep me on schedule, so I will wait for that "built" notification that's due any day now.
 
The EAA X plan is available immediately after becoming a member. It’s like $35-$40. I joined last year to get x plan and got it right away, but then my dealer said they no longer accepted x plan days later so I ordered through Granger and no longer needed it. If you’re cutting it close on your pin expiring I wouldn’t hesitate to go that route.
 
My thoughts exactly! Did FMCO lift their skirt and show us their mfg cost on the seats that we pay $2000 for?
I’m going to be mad if it shows up without the correct seats I ordered and a $300 credit. Otherwise I would’ve save a few thousand dollars and went loaded lariat.
 
Gotcha,

Hopefully they reissue, if not, you can still qualify through x-plan prior to your truck being delivered by joining one of thousand memberships. Oftentimes these are pay $49 for a year membership and bam.... x-plan. Thats why I like experiential aircraft association. I am a pilot so I am biased, but this supports folks who build there own rigs and its cheap. Attached is the list of options.

bottom line: you should be able to get an X-plan code relatively easily without inconveniencing anyone and support a business/movement you believe in. let me know if you have any questions.
I called three local dealers when I ordered my truck and none would do xplan pricing. Feeling pretty screwed paying msrp -$500 for military discount.
 
Ok it's REAL!! Ordered 9-3-21 picked up today! On a road trip back from out of state dealer. So far really like it. Appears to have been worth the wait. 5th wheel prep, BAP. To everyone still waiting, hang in there! Seemed like this day would never come.
 

Attachments

  • Attach0_17.webp
    Attach0_17.webp
    323.5 KB · Views: 115
I called three local dealers when I ordered my truck and none would do xplan pricing. Feeling pretty screwed paying msrp -$500 for military discount.
I'd keep looking for a dealer that will take it. They are out there. I told many dealers, no way I am paying MSRP or above for some dealers. Not as many but there are some that still honor it.
 
I'd keep looking for a dealer that will take it. They are out there. I told many dealers, no way I am paying MSRP or above for some dealers. Not as many but there are some that still honor it.
I was going to ask do all dealer accept the xplan pricing? I guess I'll have to shop a bit when I do order, not a question I've asked any of the local dealers yet.
 
Yes, the hardest section of the waiting period, "shipping" this is the area with no control. Did the truck get damaged, if so, then what, wait for another 10 months? "Redeye" is still sitting at the rail yard at Lawrenceville, GA wanting to go to the dealer. Funny, how all of us can't wait to spend thousands?
 
I didn't see this mentioned, but an interesting post on BOF yesterday about multi-contour seats. I hope they're saving them all for SD's ;)

1652196725061.webp
 
Update on mine!.. I ordered Dec 13th 21.

I got my VIN this morning and it's in production!!!! What a f$%king awesome call today while I'm on days off. Dealer says I should have the truck mind June at the latest.

Can you tell I'm excited? Haha
 
I'd keep looking for a dealer that will take it. They are out there. I told many dealers, no way I am paying MSRP or above for some dealers. Not as many but there are some that still honor it.
Too late now lol. I ordered in OCT, still waiting, nothing since order was confirmed. I may order a 23 and see if i can get Xplan on that one, or go through Granger and sell mine. But that all depends on the unknowns, what features will be available and what will the 23 look like etc.
 
Ford shit the bed on me again this morning. Today is 9 months since I ordered, and was finally within a week of latest of 9-10 bumps of production date. Salesman said I was just kicked back another 3 weeks as Ford gave me the finger again. Lifetime loyal Ford owner, and Ford said F.O. again! Worst experience ever. Maybe if Ford fixed the ordering to production system it wouldn't piss me off as much seeing people who ordered months after me getting their truck a long time ago!
 
Back
Top Bottom