FYI 2022 Updated Production Schedule

Approaching the 6 month mark and still no VIN. A month ago, the dealer said they only had one truck that has been waiting longer than mine to be scheduled.

Ford needs to work on their transparency and provide clear information on how their scheduling system works. Its all guesses and here'say with nothing coming directly from the horses mouth.
 
Pretty crazy. I am in the same boat with a Plat ordered, no VIN, nothing. Obviously there is an issue, sure would have been nice to know that….or for them to be transparent enough to to say “there is a constraint due to____, what would you like to do?”
 
Ford’s lack of communication and transparency is due simply to the fact that they understand their current scheduling system is unacceptable. They fear the uproar of telling us the truth more than the state of current affairs. I think they’re just trying to weather the storm and hope people don’t get too pissed before these issues blow over and they can reinvent this process. Not saying this is totally unique to them either as I’m sure other manufacturers are in a similar boat. My take on it anyway.
 
Received my "Built" email this morning. Stated estimated delivery to Huntsville, AL between tomorrow and the 10th. I highly doubt those dates will stand.
 
The Multicontour Seat would apply to KRs with the Ultimate Pkg. as well right? If so, that's a huge bummer for me as well.
 
This kinda stuff defeats the purpose of ordering a truck. I have owned well over a dozen new Ford trucks in my life and never ordered always settled for close enough from the lot. This time there is no lot stock to choose from so I ordered EXACTLY what I wanted then had to start dropping stuff off of it, almost all I dropped will be done post delivery. I really wanted adaptive steering since my last truck had it(even though I didn’t know till I sold it lol). I am NOT willing to drop the other items off except the AS as why order one. This is a utter failure on the manufacturers to play their customers like this but unfortunately they are all doing it and for the most part getting away with it. I am so tired of the shear excuse of “labor shortages, commodities etc”. I don’t see McDonald’s or Walmart or other places saying sorry we are not going to be able to cook your burger or stock the store because we don’t have labor. The alleged labor shortage jobs pay good money. I remember back when the fracking and shale oil industry gobbled up large quantities of truck drivers and labor and forced other industries to pay more to retain those positions, they didn’t just say “sorry but you’re not going to get any deliveries” I know we are in some challenging times but hell the grocery store is still stocked I just pay a little bit more. IF I HAD A TRUCK BUILT that was waiting on a driver to deliver I would gladly pay a $500 surcharge to get the darn thing expedited. If I had to pay a little more for my truck to get ford the parts to build the darn things I would also not flinch. Just venting as I have not been waiting long but I think there is a lot of smoke and mirror excuses.
 
This kinda stuff defeats the purpose of ordering a truck. I have owned well over a dozen new Ford trucks in my life and never ordered always settled for close enough from the lot. This time there is no lot stock to choose from so I ordered EXACTLY what I wanted then had to start dropping stuff off of it, almost all I dropped will be done post delivery. I really wanted adaptive steering since my last truck had it(even though I didn’t know till I sold it lol). I am NOT willing to drop the other items off except the AS as why order one. This is a utter failure on the manufacturers to play their customers like this but unfortunately they are all doing it and for the most part getting away with it. I am so tired of the shear excuse of “labor shortages, commodities etc”. I don’t see McDonald’s or Walmart or other places saying sorry we are not going to be able to cook your burger or stock the store because we don’t have labor. The alleged labor shortage jobs pay good money. I remember back when the fracking and shale oil industry gobbled up large quantities of truck drivers and labor and forced other industries to pay more to retain those positions, they didn’t just say “sorry but you’re not going to get any deliveries” I know we are in some challenging times but hell the grocery store is still stocked I just pay a little bit more. IF I HAD A TRUCK BUILT that was waiting on a driver to deliver I would gladly pay a $500 surcharge to get the darn thing expedited. If I had to pay a little more for my truck to get ford the parts to build the darn things I would also not flinch. Just venting as I have not been waiting long but I think there is a lot of smoke and mirror excuses.

Dude, you haven't even been waiting 3 months and you're freaking out dropping stuff. There are people here who have been waiting a hell of a lot longer than that. That's you being impatient not Fords problems. Ford isn't forcing anyone to drop anything, they are simply giving people the option to drop things. I didn't drop anything off my truck because I ordered what I wanted and I'm not willing to change it, I can wait until it's built.
 
Dude, you haven't even been waiting 3 months and you're freaking out dropping stuff. There are people here who have been waiting a hell of a lot longer than that. That's you being impatient not Fords problems. Ford isn't forcing anyone to drop anything, they are simply giving people the option to drop things. I didn't drop anything off my truck because I ordered what I wanted and I'm not willing to change it, I can wait until it's built.
Obviously you are reading what you want and that is fine but I clearly said I haven’t been waiting long but it is BS excuses to have people waiting close to a year to get what they want or having a truck built and sitting at the plant or yard waiting months or more for delivery.

Fwiw didn’t mean to ruffle your knickers but excuses by anyone is just that an excuse
 
Whelp, after months of getting the run around from the dealer I ordered from, “not sure how many trucks we are waiting on, can’t really say how many we are allocated a month”, I started calling around to dealerships to maybe find one that was backed out on. Two days later got a call back from a great salesman who had one coming in that was backed out on. Honored sticker, A plan, and had it in my hands 3 days later. Actually had more options than the one I ordered, but had to trade the 6.7 for the gas 7.3. So far, beyond happy I did. Wish everyone luck if you try the same.
 
Whelp, after months of getting the run around from the dealer I ordered from, “not sure how many trucks we are waiting on, can’t really say how many we are allocated a month”, I started calling around to dealerships to maybe find one that was backed out on. Two days later got a call back from a great salesman who had one coming in that was backed out on. Honored sticker, A plan, and had it in my hands 3 days later. Actually had more options than the one I ordered, but had to trade the 6.7 for the gas 7.3. So far, beyond happy I did. Wish everyone luck if you try the same.
Congratulations!! That's awesome.
 
Ordered 11/06/2021

Black appearance package (with the bedliner)
5th wheel prep
6.7L
Lariat trim

Today my dealer emailed me to inform me they moved my priority code from 19 to 10.

Hopefully it makes a difference. Still no VIN

Anyone know if ford is scheduling this Thursday?
 
Ordered 11/06/2021

Black appearance package (with the bedliner)
5th wheel prep
6.7L
Lariat trim

Today my dealer emailed me to inform me they moved my priority code from 19 to 10.

Hopefully it makes a difference. Still no VIN

Anyone know if ford is scheduling this Thursday?
They are not scheduling this week unfortunately.
 
Anyone have a platinum scheduled? Ordered late Jan and no vin still
Have a White SD 250 Platty Tremor oredered 12/23/21. I think I am a level 10 now, (started as 17) Dealer has 16 trucks to be scheduled and I am highest priority on his list, but that is no guarantee I will be scheduled next. So..... the wait continues...
 
Ordered Sept. 1 2021
F-250 Platinum
w/ AS, Spray-in, winch, deflector, retractable cover, 7.3L, AMB
Priority 2 since December
 
Whelp, after months of getting the run around from the dealer I ordered from, “not sure how many trucks we are waiting on, can’t really say how many we are allocated a month”, I started calling around to dealerships to maybe find one that was backed out on. Two days later got a call back from a great salesman who had one coming in that was backed out on. Honored sticker, A plan, and had it in my hands 3 days later. Actually had more options than the one I ordered, but had to trade the 6.7 for the gas 7.3. So far, beyond happy I did. Wish everyone luck if you try the same.
That is great! What dealer did you end up purchasing through if you don't mind me asking?
 
Back
Top Bottom