FYI 2022 Updated Production Schedule

Interesting. I wonder if there is a mechanism where the dealer can pay a buyer to walk away. I figure that they could easily make 20%+ more than they would selling to me. That has to be worth something to these dealers.
 
Interesting. I wonder if there is a mechanism where the dealer can pay a buyer to walk away. I figure that they could easily make 20%+ more than they would selling to me. That has to be worth something to these dealers.
I remember last fall a link was posted here for a dealer down south that was paying people cash to order.
 
Anyone else scheduled to be built the week of April 25th and still not have their modules populated, or is it just me?
I was scheduled for 4/25.
VIN 4-22
Built 4-30
Shipped 5-2 via convoy
estimated arrival 5-25 to 5-30
Modules popped up today though. I had checked yesterday and they still were not populated. Build tracker still showing my truck is being built but a 2am email tells me the truck is on its way🤷‍♂️

5589
1219/3125

Edit: added batch info
 
Last edited:
I remember last fall a link was posted here for a dealer down south that was paying people cash to order.

As I understand it -- when a dealer sells a COVP order to someone other than the person who ordered it -- they get points added for it. Kind of like you'd get points to your drivers license for a traffic infraction.

That point system influences their allocations, both for their own orders and COVP orders.

Which is horrible as that would effect customers who may unwittingly order from an egregious dealer and find themselves being punished for something they had no knowledge of or participation in.

Of course, I got that information from forums -- so I can't attest to it's validity.
 
yes, Jan 4th order, confirm email Jan. 5th
I ordered on 3/22. XL 350 DRW. Absolutely nothing fancy. I got email and order info before I got home. My dealer said I got real lucky there. No info since. Ordered Super Cab because I don’t normally have passengers. No frills because it’s used to tow my 5th wheel. Hope to get something soon, in terms of a VIN.
 
As I understand it -- when a dealer sells a COVP order to someone other than the person who ordered it -- they get points added for it. Kind of like you'd get points to your drivers license for a traffic infraction.

That point system influences their allocations, both for their own orders and COVP orders.

Which is horrible as that would effect customers who may unwittingly order from an egregious dealer and find themselves being punished for something they had no knowledge of or participation in.

Of course, I got that information from forums -- so I can't attest to it's validity.

That sounds like exactly what I've been told but those points don't get added if they have the customer cancel the order in writing.
 
That sounds like exactly what I've been told but those points don't get added if they have the customer cancel the order in writing.

Again just based off forum chatter -- my understanding is there is paperwork required for that to apply and that paperwork will, if timely, actually cancel the order wherein the dealer does not receive it.

So, basically, to not get points for selling an order they'd need the customer to cancel after some point -- most likely a point where the vehicle got a VIN or went into a production. Which I'd imagine is relatively rare.

What that process looks like, I have no clue. If it's an honor system thing, which I sincerely doubt, I'm sure most dealers would lie.
 
Last update for my truck, sitting in Kansas City. So at least some movement. Hopefully yours is rolling with mine!
Here's my palsapp freight bill #:

0692412271
 
Ordered mid-November 2021. Nothing so far. Dealer called last week to remove spray in bed-liner as this is apparently causing big delays.
The spray in sounds like an excuse. I ordered in March 22 and mine is already built and shipped with the spray in bed liner.
I call BS. Something else is happening to cause some trucks to get built and others not.
 
The spray in sounds like an excuse. I ordered in March 22 and mine is already built and shipped with the spray in bed liner.
I call BS. Something else is happening to cause some trucks to get built and others not.
One thing is certain. You’re lucky…
 
The spray in sounds like an excuse. I ordered in March 22 and mine is already built and shipped with the spray in bed liner.
I call BS. Something else is happening to cause some trucks to get built and others not.
Ordered 2/1, have all the constraints..scheduled for 5/9
 
One thing is certain. You’re lucky…
Agree, even dealer said that.
it’s a shame the way Ford is dealing with their issues. There is no excuse for trucks being built that were just ordered when old orders continue to sit. Happy I’m getting my truck soon but hate it for those getting screwed.
 
The spray in sounds like an excuse. I ordered in March 22 and mine is already built and shipped with the spray in bed liner.
I call BS. Something else is happening to cause some trucks to get built and others not.
My truck shipped out today and the spray in bed liner was removed from the build a couple of months ago, unbeknownst to me. The salesman said they would apply it at the dealership when it arrives. I told him to just cancel it all together. Im going to have Line X do it and I think it will be better quality anyway.
 
Agree, even dealer said that.
it’s a shame the way Ford is dealing with their issues. There is no excuse for trucks being built that were just ordered when old orders continue to sit. Happy I’m getting my truck soon but hate it for those getting screwed.
Agreed. It’s beyond me how some can be scheduled that ordered in March when there are orders from last July that are yet to be scheduled. No commodity shortage or allocation allotment can explain or justify that. I ordered 8/5, confirmed 8/6, finally built 4/22-4/23 and is on it’s way to the dealership now. I can’t tell you how many trucks have been scheduled and built that were ordered well after mine. Some were scheduled within days of ordering. As bad as this wait has been, I consider myself fortunate when I see those who have ordered when I did or before that are still unscheduled. That is where I place fault on Ford.
 
Can anyone explain what the blacked out(Not clickable) options mean on the site with all the specs/VIN of the truck?
Are they apart of a package and can not be removed or added on their own or does it mean something differently?
 
Last edited:
Anyone have a platinum scheduled? Ordered late Jan and no vin still
 
Back
Top Bottom