FYI 2022 Updated Production Schedule

Still unscheduled, I changed my order today and went from priory 02 to 10, do we think that affects scheduling or is it mostly by order date?
 
Did you get a confirmation email from Ford when you ordered? If not your dealer probably didn’t give Ford your info. Ordered 8/5 and got confirmation email from Ford 8/6. I got this email yesterday. Also got the email on 2/1 stating it was scheduled for production on 3/14, and several emails bumping production weeks. In the 2/1 email there is a link to track the order. I’ve used that to see when it was showing in production and view my window sticker.
I never got a confirmation email from Ford so I am assuming the dealer didn't give Ford my info. tsk tsk
 
Still unscheduled, I changed my order today and went from priory 02 to 10, do we think that affects scheduling or is it mostly by order date?
I'm actually kind of shocked they even allowed you to change it. Who the hell knows if it will affect your scheduling or not. Ford doesn't even know.
 
Still unscheduled, I changed my order today and went from priory 02 to 10, do we think that affects scheduling or is it mostly by order date?
I'd like to know as well. I went from 2, which I thought was the highest, to 10 also
 
I'm actually kind of shocked they even allowed you to change it. Who the hell knows if it will affect your scheduling or not. Ford doesn't even know.
It was just cosmetic stuff, paint color, interior color, dropped appearance package
 
I'd like to know as well. I went from 2, which I thought was the highest, to 10 also

If you are an 02 that generally means you are in line to be schedule. Previewed, whatever. As scheduling occurs, 02's are what they are looking at.

If you change something when you are an 02, you will immediately be moved back to the dealer pool. This is why most dealers would advise you to wait until you are scheduled to make changes. That said, if you sit at an 02 for a long time -- it may be in your interest to make changes to remove things that are thought to be holding your order up from being scheduled.

That said, there is a PC 01 which the zone rep can set an order to -- which means the vehicle will be scheduled at the next scheduling unless there is a constraint preventing it. I've heard of a tiny handful who were able to have this done as they approached the year mark. (Maybe less than a handful, but I'm not the source of all knowledge, either. Not even remotely close, just a forum lurker)
 
yes, I was a 02 for months with no movement. At the 7 mo. mark I dropped BAP, 5WP & AS. I'm almost at 8 months now so my changes didn't seem to help.
 
yes, I was a 02 for months with no movement. At the 7 mo. mark I dropped BAP, 5WP & AS. I'm almost at 8 months now so my changes didn't seem to help.

Seems to vary by who you talk to. The dealer I know said the commodity restraints weren't an issue anymore and that it was really just down to labor and issues with parts that were not optional to remove. (At one point I believe it was windshield wiper motors) Some rumored chip shortage but said they were just building them anyway.

I think right now, were I to guess, just based off what I've seen on forums -- seems like Ford's new problem is a lack of ability to ship stuff.

My guess is that's one they can sole by eating it out of their margins. Them opening it up for dealers to pickup vehicles from blend lots makes me think they're testing the waters to see if they can get away with pushing that loss off on the dealers. I've seen maybe 3 people so far say their dealers went and picked up their truck at the blend lot for them -- so I don't think that's working out for Ford and probably making a lot of people pretty mad as that's definitely a cost cutting issue, not a trucker shortage. You're talking short-haul gigs that, if they pay market, would get picked up quickly. (Unless it was just somewhere drivers didn't want to go, like major metro areas. Even then, if the pay is right...)
 
yes, I was a 02 for months with no movement. At the 7 mo. mark I dropped BAP, 5WP & AS. I'm almost at 8 months now so my changes didn't seem to help.
I was a 02 since Dec, I dropped 5th, liner and cover in Feb, bumped to 10, now back at 02 since late March, nothing... Plati's seems to be getting passed over lately. I don't expect to see the truck anytime soon based off of allocations etc..
 
I was a 02 since Dec, I dropped 5th, liner and cover in Feb, bumped to 10, now back at 02 since late March, nothing... Plati's seems to be getting passed over lately. I don't expect to see the truck anytime soon based off of allocations etc..
I ordered my Platy 250 on 11/22. Removed 5WP and bedliner on 1/26. Sat at priority 10 for a few months. Finally got the email on 4/21 and scheduled for production on 5/23.

Hopefully this means that platinums are back on track.

FYI, I did not order the AS, but did include many other options.
 
I ordered my Platy 250 on 11/22. Removed 5WP and bedliner on 1/26. Sat at priority 10 for a few months. Finally got the email on 4/21 and scheduled for production on 5/23.

Hopefully this means that platinums are back on track.

FYI, I did not order the AS, but did include many other options.

I have heard, I think it was on BOF, that there were some issues with supply around seats for the KR/Plat/Limited models -- one or all of them, and that Ford had opened up an option to get different seats, or seat covers, or both, to speed up production. Never heard it said it was a constraint -- not sure how that'd be any different, either.

I have very little information on that or even how long ago it was that I read it, so could be a big fat nothingburger as those types of thing seem to vary almost week by week. Maybe someone with more knowledge on the subject will swing through.
 
I have heard, I think it was on BOF, that there were some issues with supply around seats for the KR/Plat/Limited models -- one or all of them, and that Ford had opened up an option to get different seats, or seat covers, or both, to speed up production. Never heard it said it was a constraint -- not sure how that'd be any different, either.

I have very little information on that or even how long ago it was that I read it, so could be a big fat nothingburger as those types of thing seem to vary almost week by week. Maybe someone with more knowledge on the subject will swing through.
I'm sure some sort of an issue will pop up and hold me back. I'm just hoping for 3 or fewer rescheduling bumps, and be one of the lucky ones... I'm just happy to finally have a VIN and the ability to start tracking my order.
 
I was a 02 since Dec, I dropped 5th, liner and cover in Feb, bumped to 10, now back at 02 since late March, nothing... Plati's seems to be getting passed over lately. I don't expect to see the truck anytime soon based off of allocations etc..
I been thinking same thing platinums not getting scheduled like other trim levels. I wonder also about does it matter about allocations and getting scheduled. I was really hoping to get scheduled last 2 disappointment eves but didn't,asked dealership were their allocations up for the month she said yes but will have more 1st of May which May 2nd makes 7 months for me with nothing but confirmation and will be in touch emails. Platinum and removed 5th wheel and bedliner months ago.
 
I’m pretty much the same in color and options, but in a 350. Build day 4/22–modules populated but no built e-mail yet.
Yeah I’m in the same boat build day 4/19, modules populated shortly after, but I believe mine may be held up getting the bed liner and 5th wheel prep. Are you in batch 5382?
 
I think right now, were I to guess, just based off what I've seen on forums -- seems like Ford's new problem is a lack of ability to ship stuff.

My guess is that's one they can sole by eating it out of their margins. Them opening it up for dealers to pickup vehicles from blend lots makes me think they're testing the waters to see if they can get away with pushing that loss off on the dealers. I've seen maybe 3 people so far say their dealers went and picked up their truck at the blend lot for them -- so I don't think that's working out for Ford and probably making a lot of people pretty mad as that's definitely a cost cutting issue, not a trucker shortage. You're talking short-haul gigs that, if they pay market, would get picked up quickly. (Unless it was just somewhere drivers didn't want to go, like major metro areas. Even then, if the pay is right...)

Dealer confirmed today that my truck is at the Birmingham CSX yard awaiting pickup. He also said they can't go pick it up and would have to wait on Ford to transport. Didn't push the issue as wife and I have a camping trip this weekend, if it gets here next week that's fine with me.

Question - Is the ability to pick up a truck at a blending lot a Ford permission or a rail carrier decision?
 
Dealer confirmed today that my truck is at the Birmingham CSX yard awaiting pickup. He also said they can't go pick it up and would have to wait on Ford to transport. Didn't push the issue as wife and I have a camping trip this weekend, if it gets here next week that's fine with me.

Question - Is the ability to pick up a truck at a blending lot a Ford permission or a rail carrier decision?
It’s a Fort thing, I picked my truck up this afternoon at the KC blending lot. It’s a Ford lot with hundreds of Ford cars and trucks. Vehicles were coming in by transporter truck from the rail yard and by transporter truck direct from the factories like mine did. They then get sorted and staged to go out by transporter truck to the surrounding dealers. My salesman said all the dealers within about 150-200 miles of KC get their vehicles that way. My dealer is about 50 miles from the blending lot so relatively close. If your dealer/salesman isn’t willing or to far away to do the final paperwork and PDI at the blending lot you’ll have to wait.
 
It’s a Fort thing, I picked my truck up this afternoon at the KC blending lot. It’s a Ford lot with hundreds of Ford cars and trucks. Vehicles were coming in by transporter truck from the rail yard and by transporter truck direct from the factories like mine did. They then get sorted and staged to go out by transporter truck to the surrounding dealers. My salesman said all the dealers within about 150-200 miles of KC get their vehicles that way. My dealer is about 50 miles from the blending lot so relatively close. If your dealer/salesman isn’t willing or to far away to do the final paperwork and PDI at the blending lot you’ll have to wait.

OK my truck is at a CSX rail yard for local delivery via carrier, not a Ford lot as far as I know.
 
Yeah I’m in the same boat build day 4/19, modules populated shortly after, but I believe mine may be held up getting the bed liner and 5th wheel prep. Are you in batch 5382?
I was in production on 4/22 and got the built email on 4/23. Batch # 5462. No shipped email yet, and doesn’t show shipped on the tracker. Maybe getting 5th wheel prep and spray in liner. May be waiting on a ride, or both.
 
I was in production on 4/22 and got the built email on 4/23. Batch # 5462. No shipped email yet, and doesn’t show shipped on the tracker. Maybe getting 5th wheel prep and spray in liner. May be waiting on a ride, or both.
Same batch as you, 356/769. No built email, tracker indicates still in production. Figure it’s waiting on the liner.
 
Back
Top Bottom