FYI 2022 Updated Production Schedule

This was posted on BOF a few hours ago:

View attachment 50562





292k.

Makes sense being that there was 270k some 2-3 months ago and it seems like they've been running far below capacity due to a variety of things.

But still, that's a painful number to look at if you ordered recently.
While I am just speculating I seriously question that there are 292k remaining builds. In all of 2019 ONLY 369k super duty’s were built and that was a non-Covid year. My thoughts are they are on track to build 292k based on orders but who knows how many of those have been built and are on the road since last July (9 months ago). Just my thoughts
 

Attachments

  • 13D93E9B-2F6A-4C0E-8F43-C56BE6563B42.webp
    13D93E9B-2F6A-4C0E-8F43-C56BE6563B42.webp
    53.1 KB · Views: 134
So, and this is just off the top of my head, I believe Ford generally sells somewhere between 8 and 900k trucks.

That I am aware of, they do not split those numbers up in any consumable way. So SuperDuty's are mixed in with F-150.

You have to be careful when you read numbers they publish because they will often mix in the Ranger and vans which then pushes it's total for what they call 'trucks' to over a million.

If I were to guess, I would guess that 292k is more than a years worth of orders in a normal year.

Being that the 292k surely includes dealer orders -- and there are about 3k Ford dealers in the US (Source: https://randallkemp.blogspot.com/2022/03/how-many-ford-dealers-are-in-united.html) - assuming each dealer has 20 SD's on order (I think that number is probably a lot higher) -- that'd take the number down ~230k which is probably closer to something they could actually produce.

I don't know anything about this stuff, though, all this is just guessing or based off forum chatter, news sites, whatever.

Definitely not a promising number if you just recently ordered.

On that same note, though, you can't help but wonder how people are getting sub 2 month delivery with that many orders in queue unless the vast majority of those orders are things Ford is intentionally putting at the back of the line (eg dealer orders).
After being on this forum and the Blue, tend to agree with your numbers. It is just sad how many companies are out of supplies and costs.
 
Has anyone with lots of options gotten scheduled lately? I have AS, BAP, and 5th. I wonder what my chances of seeing this thing are...
I have a platinum confirmed. But it seems like most platinums have been mostly delayed.

If it helps my 350 Plat 6.7 5th spray and wheel liners was build Friday 4/8.

Ordered on 10/12/21
Confirmed 1/13/22
Original build week 2/28
Bumped 4 times
Build week of 4/4/22

I hope to get it the first of May. Fingers crossed
 
Received my Built email early this morning!

Ordered/Confirmed 9/18/21
Scheduled 2/1/22
Original Build Week 3/7/22
Built 4/10/22
ETA 4/22-4/28 [Leaving for Vegas 4/28..]

F250 Lariat Ultimate Sport, 6.7, Spray-in Bedliner, Wheel Liners
Did it actually go into production on the week of 3/7 or did it actually happen later?

-SR-
 
Did it actually go into production on the week of 3/7 or did it actually happen later?

-SR-
That was just the original build week.. bumped a few times back to week of 4/4, though my dealer checked on 3/31 and said it was schedule 4/25 (so I think he must have been looking at est. Delivery date). Tracker shows it went into production 4/9.
 
Received my Built email early this morning!

Ordered/Confirmed 9/18/21
Scheduled 2/1/22
Original Build Week 3/7/22
Built 4/10/22
ETA 4/22-4/28 [Leaving for Vegas 4/28..]

F250 Lariat Ultimate Sport, 6.7, Spray-in Bedliner, Wheel Liners
Which dealer did you go with in Vegas?
 
If it helps my 350 Plat 6.7 5th spray and wheel liners was build Friday 4/8.

Ordered on 10/12/21
Confirmed 1/13/22
Original build week 2/28
Bumped 4 times
Build week of 4/4/22

I hope to get it the first of May. Fingers crossed
Did you have adaptive steering?
 
Received my Built email early this morning!

Ordered/Confirmed 9/18/21
Scheduled 2/1/22
Original Build Week 3/7/22
Built 4/10/22
ETA 4/22-4/28 [Leaving for Vegas 4/28..]

F250 Lariat Ultimate Sport, 6.7, Spray-in Bedliner, Wheel Liners
Congrats!
 
I got my built email this morning! Finally! It is estimated to be delivered between April 18-25, but I'm going to be optimistic and say it'll catch a ride up here today or tomorrow. 🤞 Seeing the light at the end of the tunnel, and I'm pretty sure it's NOT a train. :)

-SR-
 
Back
Top Bottom