FYI 2022 Updated Production Schedule

Basically the same as f150 raptors... Building into middle december
I was just in the Dearborn area, crazy watching the Raptors roll off the line. Parking lots are filled. I also noticed shipments leaving the dealer lots to final destinations.
 
Hello everyone,

First time poster. I’ve been lurking for about 5 months or so.

Ordered 8-27-21.
2022 F250 Platinum Tremor Crew Cab, Black interior, Antimatter Blue
6.7 Diesel
Sunroof
Upfitter switches
5th wheel prep
Spray in bed liner
Winch
Mud flaps
Rear wheel liners
Powered running boards

Pretty much everything escept adaptive steering. I had initially ordered it but the salesman recommended removing it or it would take longer to get built. I think it was removed back in December. After looking at that component, it looks like it can be installed afterwards, and if so, I may do that down the road.

I requested a copy of the build order that Ford has from the saleman and as of 3-22-22, it stated Priority Code 01

I’ve never gotten a single confirmation email or any update emails at all from Ford which really sucks. l tried contacting marketing etc and they stated they had my email on file but it never made any difference. I have to continually have to contact the salesman to get any updates.

After finding out that the dealserhip installs the winch, I told the dealership not to install the winch and I will do it myself. I dont have much faith in people anymore when it comes to doing quality work and Ive already seen some crappy installs on this site and youtube. Besides, I enjoy tinkering, mods, etc and it will be even more fun doing it with my new truck.

I got a VIN in early Feb from the salesman and he stated I had a build date of 3-7-22. Well that got pushed to 3-28, and the latest is 4-16. I still dont know if thats current or not. From what I've read on here, people usually get a window sticker about a week prior to the build and as of today, still no window sticker. Hopefully that will come through wihin the next few days.

Anyway, congrats to the guys that have gotten their truck and good luck to us that are still waiting !!
Welcome!
 
I finally found a truck with no markup...

Screenshot_20220410-091906_Instagram.webp
 
Has anyone with lots of options gotten scheduled lately? I have AS, BAP, and 5th. I wonder what my chances of seeing this thing are...
 
Has anyone with lots of options gotten scheduled lately? I have AS, BAP, and 5th. I wonder what my chances of seeing this thing are...

Tons of people, with all the aforementioned forbidden fruits, have been scheduled this year and many of them already built.

That I am aware of, Ford has listed no commodity restraints lately. So any holdup is labor or commodity so widespread it doesn't matter what truck you are ordering. They will be scheduling next week, so that's a good sign.

Seems like trucks with the things you listed tend to be scheduled (eg receive a VIN) at 6-7 months right now. After waiting 5+ months, I think I'd just wait the other two months. Can't imagine being one of those people that pulled those items watching everyone with those items getting scheduled around the same time.
 
I already posted this information in bits and pieces over in the 4/4 build week thread, but in case some folks aren't reading that, this might be a little helpful:

My order is an Agate Black F350 Lariat with Ultimate package, trailer backup assist, adaptive cruise, heated wheel and rain sensing wipers, garage door opener, BAP (including spray-in bed liner), 5th wheel prep, and hard folding tonneau cover.

An employee at KTP was nice enough to look up the latest status of my build this morning. The screenshot he sent me also included other interesting information about my truck's journey though the process.

My truck was scheduled (after some bumps) to be built on 4/6. My status updates to "in production" on 3/29 and the WS followed a day later. The plant's status report shows 3/29 as the day the order was "blended and downloaded to the plant".

On 4/5 at about 8:30 AM, the body work started, followed by trim installation on 4/6 at around noon. That same night, just before 10:00 PM, my truck reached the end of the line in the plant and, thus, was fully built (except for the outside vendor add-ons that are done by the "External Body Company" as stated by the report; that would be GFX). Sometime an hour or two later, I saw my BCE codes show up on the Motorcraft As-Built website.

At about 2:00 AM on 4/7, my truck left the plant to go to GFX for the add-on options of spray-in bed liner and 5th wheel prep. My build also included rear wheel well liners and the hard folding tonneau cover, but I don't know if GFX actually does those or not.

My truck has been at GFX ever since, so about 3.5 days at this point, which makes me think that one or more of those options have things slowed down at them moment.

Others that went through the plant at the same time have been built and shipped, so not everything is getting help up at GFX. It could be cause by my 5th wheel prep, or maybe the tonneau, but who know.

All that being said, my truck was scheduled even with those "trouble" options, so it doesn't seem that those kinds of issues are necessarily keeping orders from being scheduled at this point.

-SR-
 
How close to your scheduled build date did you get the dreaded reschedule? I have a build week of 5/9 and wondering if it is going to hold.
 
How close to your scheduled build date did you get the dreaded reschedule? I have a build week of 5/9 and wondering if it is going to hold.

I have seen people get rescheduled as close as the Friday before their build week. Granted, I've only seen that one time -- it's possible.

The vast majority of the time once you are one week out you are probably going to get built the following week. Up to that point, though, there is very little certainty as of late. It seems to be much better than it was the prior two months. The last 'bumps' that people have gotten we saw maybe 2-3 members complain of it whereas previous bumps you'd see a dozen or more complain of it (examples of those timelines are in my signature).
 
How close to your scheduled build date did you get the dreaded reschedule? I have a build week of 5/9 and wondering if it is going to hold.
I’ve been rescheduled as close to a week away well technically only a few days think the email came on Thursday before the build week pushing me out, but I’ve had incredibly bad luck with this thing I’ve been rescheduled 9 times originally was March 7th now it’s out to May 2nd. Starting to think this thing is jinxed and not sure if I even want it
 
This was posted on BOF a few hours ago:

1649618706609.webp






292k.

Makes sense being that there was 270k some 2-3 months ago and it seems like they've been running far below capacity due to a variety of things.

But still, that's a painful number to look at if you ordered recently.
 
This was posted on BOF a few hours ago:

View attachment 50562





292k.

Makes sense being that there was 270k some 2-3 months ago and it seems like they've been running far below capacity due to a variety of things.

But still, that's a painful number to look at if you ordered recently.
To their credit, Ford finally closed the order banks on SDs. Not sure if they will build all 292K remaining trucks, but according to Zach on his thread, they will be building through December. And if they prioritize retails orders, good chance most will be picked up…eventually.
 
This was posted on BOF a few hours ago:

View attachment 50562





292k.

Makes sense being that there was 270k some 2-3 months ago and it seems like they've been running far below capacity due to a variety of things.

But still, that's a painful number to look at if you ordered recently.
How many do they normally make for a year?
 
How many do they normally make for a year?

So, and this is just off the top of my head, I believe Ford generally sells somewhere between 8 and 900k trucks.

That I am aware of, they do not split those numbers up in any consumable way. So SuperDuty's are mixed in with F-150.

You have to be careful when you read numbers they publish because they will often mix in the Ranger and vans which then pushes it's total for what they call 'trucks' to over a million.

If I were to guess, I would guess that 292k is more than a years worth of orders in a normal year.

Being that the 292k surely includes dealer orders -- and there are about 3k Ford dealers in the US (Source: https://randallkemp.blogspot.com/2022/03/how-many-ford-dealers-are-in-united.html) - assuming each dealer has 20 SD's on order (I think that number is probably a lot higher) -- that'd take the number down ~230k which is probably closer to something they could actually produce.

I don't know anything about this stuff, though, all this is just guessing or based off forum chatter, news sites, whatever.

Definitely not a promising number if you just recently ordered.

On that same note, though, you can't help but wonder how people are getting sub 2 month delivery with that many orders in queue unless the vast majority of those orders are things Ford is intentionally putting at the back of the line (eg dealer orders).
 
So, and this is just off the top of my head, I believe Ford generally sells somewhere between 8 and 900k trucks.

That I am aware of, they do not split those numbers up in any consumable way. So SuperDuty's are mixed in with F-150.

You have to be careful when you read numbers they publish because they will often mix in the Ranger and vans which then pushes it's total for what they call 'trucks' to over a million.

If I were to guess, I would guess that 292k is more than a years worth of orders in a normal year.

Being that the 292k surely includes dealer orders -- and there are about 3k Ford dealers in the US (Source: https://randallkemp.blogspot.com/2022/03/how-many-ford-dealers-are-in-united.html) - assuming each dealer has 20 SD's on order (I think that number is probably a lot higher) -- that'd take the number down ~230k which is probably closer to something they could actually produce.

I don't know anything about this stuff, though, all this is just guessing or based off forum chatter, news sites, whatever.

Definitely not a promising number if you just recently ordered.

On that same note, though, you can't help but wonder how people are getting sub 2 month delivery with that many orders in queue unless the vast majority of those orders are things Ford is intentionally putting at the back of the line (eg dealer orders).
Your spot on. Did some research and 800 to 900k for superduty and f 150. Ram and GM sales numbers have not been affected by this supply issue however Ford has taken a solid hit. Not sure why Ford is struggling while competition seems to be still meeting (if not exceeding) previous sales figures.
 
I called Ford Marketing for any extra update ( other than "your truck is in transit") and this young lady told me Dealer should have it by 4/20. She also told me there is an incentive and gave me a number to use. Could this be the PCO I have heard about? She would not tell me what the incentive amount was and that my dealer would know.
 
I called Ford Marketing for any extra update ( other than "your truck is in transit") and this young lady told me Dealer should have it by 4/20. She also told me there is an incentive and gave me a number to use. Could this be the PCO I have heard about? She would not tell me what the incentive amount was and that my dealer would know.
Yaup, that’s a pco.
 
Back
Top Bottom