FYI 2022 Updated Production Schedule


So you are saying EVERY truck in the Super Duty back log is a retail order?

If that's the case, why were the published commodity restrictions only limited to stock orders? What would the point be to limit an item from stock orders if there is no stock ordering aloud?

I'm not saying they are making stock order trucks, I'm saying they likely are some of the trucks in the back log.

Are you involved in Ford scheduling in any capacity at all?
 
So you are saying EVERY truck in the Super Duty back log is a retail order?

If that's the case, why were the published commodity restrictions only limited to stock orders? What would the point be to limit an item from stock orders if there is no stock ordering aloud?

I'm not saying they are making stock order trucks, I'm saying they likely are some of the trucks in the back log.

Are you involved in Ford scheduling in any capacity at all?
I can’t speak for your area but in MN it’s been a year and a half since a dealer has had Superduty on the lot.
 
I can’t speak for your area but in MN it’s been a year and a half since a dealer has had Superduty on the lot.
Seen a couple of base model XL’S in NC but that’s it.
 
I can’t speak for your area but in MN it’s been a year and a half since a dealer has had Superduty on the lot.

I saw a dealer get what looked like about ten SD’s in about a month ago. All were XL’s, white, various configurations. All gone within a couple days.
 
I can’t speak for your area but in MN it’s been a year and a half since a dealer has had Superduty on the lot.

You are confusing ON THE LOT with IN THE ORDER BANK.

They are not shipping dealer stock just like they are not shipping retail orders, but they are still in the order bank (AKA back log)
 
I saw a dealer get what looked like about ten SD’s in about a month ago. All were XL’s, white, various configurations. All gone within a couple days.
In all fairness the ones we have seen were probably either old fleet orders, not sure even the dealers will order XL models for stock orders.
 
In all fairness the ones we have seen were probably either old fleet orders, not sure even the dealers will order XL models for stock orders.

Sure they would. Its probably a bigger market than you think. Especially in the chassis cab world. I believe there is a mechanism to apply fleet pricing to a dealer stock truck. My 17' F550 was a dealer stock XL which we had to the option to buy with fleet pricing.
 
In all fairness the ones we have seen were probably either old fleet orders, not sure even the dealers will order XL models for stock orders.

Yeah, I'm not sure. They were out there at the front of the dealership like they were for sale.

But, very true, I wouldn't be shocked at all if they were a retail order that they just put out front for nostalgia. Got to admit, I'm 100% certain it's the first time I've seen actual Ford's in front of the Ford dealership in about a year.

However, I will say about the same time -- about a month ago, they all had lots of F-150's that were new. Maybe it was just a big push from Ford to get trucks to dealers for "Truck Month" (I think that was last month?)

Who knows. It really doesn't matter, just couldn't help but jump in on the conversation, lol.

I will say, I did go look, out of curiosity -- and they have no more inventory now. One dealer has a single F-150 and the other has two F-150's. (That are new)

These are not small dealerships, I'd guess in normal circumstances they'd probably have had 200+ new trucks on the lot at any given time. Even their used inventory is sparse now, makes me wonder if people freaked out over looming rate hikes and ran to buy 'something'.
 
If your JPH is correct. I have money a boat load of 22 orders get canceled.

It would be nice if Ford did something for the guys who ordered 22’s and get canceled and reorder ‘23’s. Like split the price increase. Or toss in an extended warranty.

Loyal and patient customers should be rewarded
Im sure we will have to reorder and be put at the back of the line again. We should have to cover price increases.
 
Here you go.


Straight from the horse’s mouth, so to speak. Hope that helps explain it more.
It does. Thanks. I probably read that at one point and promptly forgot...
 
Sure they would. Its probably a bigger market than you think. Especially in the chassis cab world. I believe there is a mechanism to apply fleet pricing to a dealer stock truck. My 17' F550 was a dealer stock XL which we had to the option to buy with fleet pricing.
Dealer told me NO. It has to be ordered fleet
 
You explained it nicely. It does look like a done deal with 2023 redesign happening. The open question at this point is when will they actually stop 22s and start 23s.
They will have to continue building the 22’s on order. They may send out a notice giving the dealer or customer the option to cancel their order with priority ordering for redesign. But this happened with gm which is why they have a 2022 limited on 1/2 tons and the 2022 refresh. The limited is the same as the 2021’s but it’s just carry over orders that didn’t get filled before you could order the refreshed 22’s. So same will happen here as I don’t see a single dealership saying we don’t want those orders even if you choose to switch yours to a 23. And what that does is it delays how many 23’s get made and sent to dealerships bc of the whole allocation process ect. The way this plays out in my opinion is the redesigns become very rare and hard to get until 80% of current 22’s on order are delivered. But used car dealerships, individuals and such are all ordering trucks now bc dealerships aren’t requiring deposits and selling at msrp. So there are more orders then there ever have been. So this madness all stops once ppl stop paying these ADM’s and start demanding lower prices or walking away. Interest rates alone will fix a lot of that and trade in values getting back to normal will handle that as well. Just my two cents but my22’s will all get built IMO, but they may become 23 limited or whatever phase Ford chooses to use. And I’m sure they weren’t planning for this kind of order volume in the higher trims so they are waiting for those parts to be fulfilled when they had to reorder them. And it’s probably delayed bc they had their supplies already working on stocking 23’s parts. Why I think there is the hold up on majority ppl orders here who have above lariat. They obviously sold more platinums then they planned for bc ppl have been flushed with cash and higher trade in so they said heck I’ll go with the platinum instead of that lariat. Pure speculation but it’s what makes sense as to a lot of post I see about scheduling bumps on platinum orders.
 
Also on price protection your dealership will receive a credit from Ford in your name in form of dealer credit or customer cash. So that money is yours as Ford is honoring your order price. Dealerships don’t have to give you that money but if they don’t and are being stealerships then call Ford and open up a case and notify your dealership that you’ve done so. They will gladly apply your credits and you will be on your way. But dealerships are trying to keep that money so fight for it if you unfortunately have to.
 
3B187DB3-4F4F-4623-A90D-2F6BC338D202.jpeg
 
Just like to point out that Zach from Granger just posted exactly what I was saying yesterday.

He even called them allocations.

Yet a certain someone said I had no idea what I was talking about lol.
 
Back
Top Bottom