FYI 2022 Updated Production Schedule

Sounds like the possibility of 2023s being built in 2022 is low as they plan on building 22my up till 12/21/22. Maybe that is speculation but it was reported by a Ford dealer on youtube about a week ago.

I wouldn't be shocked if they are building 22MY's in '23 still, frankly. I'm not saying I think that's going to happen, just wouldn't shock me a bit.

On the flip side of that coin, it could be that some of these commodity issues are being caused because vendors were behind on 22MY parts are now making 23MY parts.

Based on the fact people are widely reporting other models of vehicles showing up with features removed and credits noted from Ford on the WS specifically for the removal of said ordered parts - I'd wager they're just trying to survive at this point.
 
I wouldn't be shocked if they are building 22MY's in '23 still, frankly. I'm not saying I think that's going to happen, just wouldn't shock me a bit.

On the flip side of that coin, it could be that some of these commodity issues are being caused because vendors were behind on 22MY parts are now making 23MY parts.

Based on the fact people are widely reporting other models of vehicles showing up with features removed and credits noted from Ford on the WS specifically for the removal of said ordered parts - I'd wager they're just trying to survive at this point.
I agree.

If you look at the outstanding orders and assume they run 20 days / month 3 shifts / day running 50 JPH (Jobs per hour) and no commodity issues, by 12/31/2022 they could only produce 216,000 vehicles.

That tells me that if they're north of 216,000 orders, they'll run well into 2023 building 2022 MY trucks. Who knows what they'll do.......
 
I agree.

If you look at the outstanding orders and assume they run 20 days / month 3 shifts / day running 50 JPH (Jobs per hour) and no commodity issues, by 12/31/2022 they could only produce 216,000 vehicles.

That tells me that if they're north of 216,000 orders, they'll run well into 2023 building 2022 MY trucks. Who knows what they'll do.......
If your JPH is correct. I have money a boat load of 22 orders get canceled.

It would be nice if Ford did something for the guys who ordered 22’s and get canceled and reorder ‘23’s. Like split the price increase. Or toss in an extended warranty.

Loyal and patient customers should be rewarded
 
If your JPH is correct. I have money a boat load of 22 orders get canceled.

It would be nice if Ford did something for the guys who ordered 22’s and get canceled and reorder ‘23’s. Like split the price increase. Or toss in an extended warranty.

Loyal and patient customers should be rewarded
Loyal and patient customers should get more than a split of the price increase - they should get a ‘23 with all of the same options they spec’d for the price they agreed on for a ‘22
 
Loyal and patient customers should get more than a split of the price increase - they should get a ‘23 with all of the same options they spec’d for the price they agreed on for a ‘22
While I agree, that's simply unrealistic.
 
If your JPH is correct. I have money a boat load of 22 orders get canceled.

It would be nice if Ford did something for the guys who ordered 22’s and get canceled and reorder ‘23’s. Like split the price increase. Or toss in an extended warranty.

Loyal and patient customers should be rewarded
I would think the JPH is close to that if they're running at capacity. Again, that's assuming they have zero supply chain issues. In our current clown world, I see no way to avoid supply chain issues. If I'm right, and there are more than 216,000 trucks on order, there will be some unhappy customers, me being one.

There is a variable here, too. There are several people who have more than one truck on order. I'm one of them. I'm not sure how that impacts things or if Ford would tell the dealers "this guy has 2 trucks ordered. Tell him to pick one so we can get to a validated production demand". I would hope the latter is the case, but it doesn't seem as though they have a strong enough grip on that to take such a position.

FWIW, I got an email last night about the F-350 (not a Tremor) that I ordered saying it's been delayed just like the Tremor email from a few weeks ago.

Minimally, Ford needs to do something for those who've had 2022 orders in for a long time and simply get theirs built first or start lining them up for 2023 first build slots. JMHO.......
 
Loyal and patient customers should get more than a split of the price increase - they should get a ‘23 with all of the same options they spec’d for the price they agreed on for a ‘22
Zero chance Of full price protection. Highly doubtful they do anything. I was just trying to be realistic.
 
How so? We all have price protection on ‘22s depending on our order date. Ford needs to simply honor that pricing for a ‘23 if they force you to switch
I simply don't see how they put you into a new model year for the same price. Particularly with recently announced price increases. Unless you have the special deal offered to deployed military personnel, I simply don't think it will happen. Don't get me wrong, you and I are in agreement here. I don't believe it will happen and would be pleasantly surprised if it did.
 
Zero chance Of full price protection. Highly doubtful they do anything. I was just trying to be realistic.
Do you think there is zero chance they won’t get sued if they do that? I know some lawyers that would love to open up a class action lawsuit against an entity as big as Ford
 
I simply don't see how they put you into a new model year for the same price. Particularly with recently announced price increases. Unless you have the special deal offered to deployed military personnel, I simply don't think it will happen. Don't get me wrong, you and I are in agreement here. I don't believe it will happen and would be pleasantly surprised if it did.
In my state of Arizona they have entered into a binding contract to deliver me a truck with the options I ordered at the price we agreed upon when the order was placed
 
Do you think there is zero chance they won’t get sued if they do that? I know some lawyers that would love to open up a class action lawsuit against an entity as big as Ford
You don't have price protection for a vehicle that hasn't been released. Assume your 2022 gets built in Jan or Feb of 2023 then I would agree that your price should be protected. Otherwise I don't see what avenue a lawyer has to get a class action suit for something like that when there's been no promise written or implied.
 
In my state of Arizona they have entered into a binding contract to deliver me a truck with the options I ordered at the price we agreed upon when the order was placed
Correct, but not for a 2023 model. That's the distinction here.
 
You don't think there's a clause in there about being unable to fullfill said sale?

There is likely a clause for Ford to cancel for any reason. Most contracts are 1-sided...
 
You don't think there's a clause in there about being unable to fullfill said sale?

I assume he's talking about the order sheet they have you sign. Which isn't really an enforceable contract. You might be able to use it in court to enforce price, but even that is iffy.

People often think of the legal system as being this thing that operates in black and white, very strict and correct. It's anything but, the legal system operates in the gray 99% of the time. Even when things are black and white, there are judges that will paint them gray. So, sure -- you might use that signed order sheet to enforce some level of an agreement, it's not going to force Ford to sell you a vehicle or anyone to pay a penalty for the same. The vast majority of every transaction in this country is purely honor system -- and in the case of the order sheet, the only signatory is the customer.

If anything, it provides more force to the Dealer, and I've never heard of a dealer taking a customer to court to force them to buy the vehicle. I'm not sure how anyone could perceive that signed order sheet as a binding contract to Ford to produce but not a binding contract for them to pay. But, I think that's how most people perceive it.
 
You don't think there's a clause in there about being unable to fullfill said sale?
I didn’t sign anything that had such a clause

Correct, but not for a 2023 model. That's the distinction here.
If you can’t or won’t build a 2022 as promised, I will take a ‘2023
I'm not sure how anyone could perceive that signed order sheet as a binding contract to Ford to produce but not a binding contract for them to pay. But, I think that's how most people perceive it.
The binding part of the contract is the fact that they took money as a deposit
 
That’s obvious. Supply chain is the driver. But when supply chain isn’t getting better. How can capacity end allocation improve? They go hand in hand. To me allocation is Ford telling Joe Dealer hey we can build you x number trucks this month. With parts not available that x number gets smaller. Reducing all our chances.

Which ever way we look at it. Trucks are not going to get built.
Not even close. If parts are available, Ford can, and has, mass schedule as many trucks as they have capacity to build. All in a day. The supply chain is the only factor in play here. It makes zero sense to schedule a vehicle they do not have the parts in hand to build. You are still confusing monthly allocation with incremental allocation. They are not one and the same, as there is no limit on incremental allocation.
 
Back
Top Bottom