FYI 2022 Updated Production Schedule

Guys at what point is Ford going to have to admit they can’t build what they have on order?

It’s rumored that they have 200k+ Super Duty orders.
Let’s say they switch to building MY 2023 trucks in October.
With all these scheduling push back emails it’s obvious production isn’t getting better.
How can they suddenly start cranking out 28k trucks a month?

I ordered with Granger and I’m number 84 in line ordered December 16. Their last allocation was 12. Let’s be optimistic and say their allocation jumps to 30.
Build dates are a month out from when you get picked.
That would put me at a July Build date. Plus a month for delivery. So I would see my truck in September.
Keep in mind that’s no production bumps and allocations triple.
I would say February and March orders are all on the cancel radar unless your dealer has great allocation numbers.

Just some food for thought.
 
Same thing for me. Just got bumped again. I’ve gone all the way from 3/14 to 05/09. It’s getting real old.i did just get a new PCO in my email. Hopefully I get my truck in time to use it..
Same dates for me too. I think I would be able to calm down a bit if they sent me a PCO
 
Guys at what point is Ford going to have to admit they can’t build what they have on order?

It’s rumored that they have 200k+ Super Duty orders.
Let’s say they switch to building MY 2023 trucks in October.
With all these scheduling push back emails it’s obvious production isn’t getting better.
How can they suddenly start cranking out 28k trucks a month?

I ordered with Granger and I’m number 84 in line ordered December 16. Their last allocation was 12. Let’s be optimistic and say their allocation jumps to 30.
Build dates are a month out from when you get picked.
That would put me at a July Build date. Plus a month for delivery. So I would see my truck in September.
Keep in mind that’s no production bumps and allocations triple.
I would say February and March orders are all on the cancel radar unless your dealer has great allocation numbers.

Just some food for thought.
I only had 3 ahead of me last week when I spoke with my dealer, I agree with you thought though, Allocation does matter but the amount of trucks ordered ahead of yours plays a bigger role at this point in the 22MY builds.
 
Guys at what point is Ford going to have to admit they can’t build what they have on order?

It’s rumored that they have 200k+ Super Duty orders.
Let’s say they switch to building MY 2023 trucks in October.
With all these scheduling push back emails it’s obvious production isn’t getting better.
How can they suddenly start cranking out 28k trucks a month?

I ordered with Granger and I’m number 84 in line ordered December 16. Their last allocation was 12. Let’s be optimistic and say their allocation jumps to 30.
Build dates are a month out from when you get picked.
That would put me at a July Build date. Plus a month for delivery. So I would see my truck in September.
Keep in mind that’s no production bumps and allocations triple.
I would say February and March orders are all on the cancel radar unless your dealer has great allocation numbers.

Just some food for thought.
Retail has incremental allocation not tied to any monthly allowance. If the parts are available, Ford can schedule and build 8500 trucks a week. Supply chain is the hold up, not allocation or capacity.
 
Same thing for me. Just got bumped again. I’ve gone all the way from 3/14 to 05/09. It’s getting real old.i did just get a new PCO in my email. Hopefully I get my truck in time to use it..
Ditto! What is your trim? I’m a platinum loaded star white
 
Ditto! What is your trim? I’m a platinum loaded star white
I am a platinum carbonized gray. Loaded except for 5th wheel prep (never had it on the order, don’t need it) and I dropped spray in bedliner in January - a week or two before getting a VIN on the mass 2/1 scheduling event
 
Did you receive the same email on 3/18? I'm wondering if anyone who received the delay email on 3/18 also received this one yesterday?

I got it on 3/18, but not last

Did you receive the same email on 3/18? I'm wondering if anyone who received the delay email on 3/18 also received this one yesterday?

I got it on 3/18, but not last night.
Same here. Scheduled email 3/17 for 4/25. No sorry email yesterday.
 
Retail has incremental allocation not tied to any monthly allowance. If the parts are available, Ford can schedule and build 8500 trucks a week. Supply chain is the hold up, not allocation or capacity.
That’s obvious. Supply chain is the driver. But when supply chain isn’t getting better. How can capacity end allocation improve? They go hand in hand. To me allocation is Ford telling Joe Dealer hey we can build you x number trucks this month. With parts not available that x number gets smaller. Reducing all our chances.

Which ever way we look at it. Trucks are not going to get built.
 
I just can’t put my hands around the fact that a truck I ordered Sept 22, 2021 has not even been issued a vin# yet. There is absolutely no help from the dealer or Ford.
If you put a deposit down, at what point does the dealer say sorry we can’t get you a truck here is your money back.
Granger has said once ‘23 production starts they will give refunds or re order. To me it seems allot of guys have no chance of getting a MY’22 and they should start looking at returning deposits soon. Or Atleast offering customers that option of sticking it out or tossing in the towel.
 
If you put a deposit down, at what point does the dealer say sorry we can’t get you a truck here is your money back.
Granger has said once ‘23 production starts they will give refunds or re order. To me it seems allot of guys have no chance of getting a MY’22 and they should start looking at returning deposits soon. Or Atleast offering customers that option of sticking it out or tossing in the towel.
Keep in mind that if you toss in the towel, the dealer sure as heck won’t. They will keep that truck on order in the hopes that it gets built. Just so they can put it on the lot for $10k-$20k over MSRP. Dealers are not going to get upset about you walking away from your order.
 
I am a platinum carbonized gray. Loaded except for 5th wheel prep (never had it on the order, don’t need it) and I dropped spray in bedliner in January - a week or two before getting a VIN on the mass 2/1 scheduling event
Just curious is it just Platinums getting bumped. Kinda looking that way. Very frustrating.
 
Guys at what point is Ford going to have to admit they can’t build what they have on order?

It’s rumored that they have 200k+ Super Duty orders.
Let’s say they switch to building MY 2023 trucks in October.
With all these scheduling push back emails it’s obvious production isn’t getting better.
How can they suddenly start cranking out 28k trucks a month?

I ordered with Granger and I’m number 84 in line ordered December 16. Their last allocation was 12. Let’s be optimistic and say their allocation jumps to 30.
Build dates are a month out from when you get picked.
That would put me at a July Build date. Plus a month for delivery. So I would see my truck in September.
Keep in mind that’s no production bumps and allocations triple.
I would say February and March orders are all on the cancel radar unless your dealer has great allocation numbers.

Just some food for thought.
At this point everything is fluid... I wouldn't put money on anything one way or another... When I placed my order in October, I was told 2-4 months. It will be right at 6 when I get my truck. That said, the supply chain constraints might go away and they get back to BAU.

Stressing over it won't get it built any quicker.
 
Keep in mind that if you toss in the towel, the dealer sure as heck won’t. They will keep that truck on order in the hopes that it gets built. Just so they can put it on the lot for $10k-$20k over MSRP. Dealers are not going to get upset about you walking away from your order.
I’m not considering tossing in the towel. A good month or 2 and I’m back at having a chance. Some of these February March orders might think differently.
Dealer can’t sell what they don’t get. I just don’t see the supply chain getting way better in the next few months.
 
At this point everything is fluid... I wouldn't put money on anything one way or another... When I placed my order in October, I was told 2-4 months. It will be right at 6 when I get my truck. That said, the supply chain constraints might go away and they get back to BAU.

Stressing over it won't get it built any quicker.
Not stressed at all. I don’t have a trade in and I’m not financing. Just want my truck so I can go toy hauler shopping and take the kids camping and riding again.
 
Wow, those are some significant increases.
Once those new prices go into effect, I can claim that I saved $4240 on my truck (when I finally get to buy it) just by virtue of ordering it back in July when the MSRP was that much lower. No PCO, no X-plan, no "X% under invoice if you drive 1000 miles to pick it up" drama. All I had to do was wait for 9 months. :P

Since the 22MY order bank is already closed (though, it remains to be seen if that is permanent until 23MY comes along), I'd say it's just a way to ease the transition into the higher 23MY pricing that we all know is coming. If Ford introduced the 23MY with a $8000 price increase of a comparable 22MY price, that looks a lot worse than if they increase a the 23MY price by a mere $2000 over the 22MY (since they'll have already jacked up the 22MY price by ~$6000 or more by then, maybe).

-SR-
 
Guys at what point is Ford going to have to admit they can’t build what they have on order?

It’s rumored that they have 200k+ Super Duty orders.
Let’s say they switch to building MY 2023 trucks in October.
With all these scheduling push back emails it’s obvious production isn’t getting better.
How can they suddenly start cranking out 28k trucks a month?

I ordered with Granger and I’m number 84 in line ordered December 16. Their last allocation was 12. Let’s be optimistic and say their allocation jumps to 30.
Build dates are a month out from when you get picked.
That would put me at a July Build date. Plus a month for delivery. So I would see my truck in September.
Keep in mind that’s no production bumps and allocations triple.
I would say February and March orders are all on the cancel radar unless your dealer has great allocation numbers.

Just some food for thought.
Sounds like the possibility of 2023s being built in 2022 is low as they plan on building 22my up till 12/21/22. Maybe that is speculation but it was reported by a Ford dealer on youtube about a week ago.
 
Back
Top Bottom