FYI 2022 Updated Production Schedule

Anyone here bitching about the wait and blaming Ford in whole for the delay simply doesn’t understand current manufacturing and associated supply chains nor do they understand the relative permanent shift on how cara and trucks will be sold in the future.

Scheduling, production plans, anticipated demand…….all that has dramatically changed in the last 18-24 months. In addition, the shift from domestic mfrs from lots full of vehicles to a more prominent custom order sales channel has serious supply chain challenges. Simply put, the auto industry by and large has been Ill prepared for such dynamic change.

As much as it sucks to wait, you also owe it to yourself to think critically about the entire process of vehicle production and how it’s evolving in real time. Then you’ll understand that you’re in the midst of a paradigm shift in how vehicles are sold and you have zero control over what happens when.

Most of us are spoiled little bitch Americans. I say that with zero disrespect, but pure honesty. We have generations in this country who expect what they want when they want it. I’m in that group. We’ve been conditioned to think it’s normal to simply get what you want when you want it regardless of any constraint. IMO, being able to order and pay for one of these things is a luxury, not a right. I’m thankful to be able to order and pay for my truck and regardless of the perception of nonsensical allocations, schedules, etc I’ll be happy when I get it. We’re all caught in a situation that Ford and their suppliers could have never predicted or planned for appropriately. It’s sucks to wait, but it’s also awesome that we can get things like this here. There are plenty of places in the world that several members of this forum have seen where you don’t have the luxury to wait for a luxury.
Well stated...
 
Which dealer in Houston did you use? I ordered mine from Tomball Ford. Seems to be the same scenario, they don’t know anything. I feel like I have had to educate them about the truck I am buying from them. Definitely should be the other way around.
Funny, also Tomball Ford.
 
I have no definitive information that any of those harnesses that were in limbo were for Ford Super Duties. I was just highlighting the fact that the ripple effect in the supply chain is real. The KTP plant is up and running and there has been no indication that they are shutting down production anytime soon.
Thanks for the update, a lot of rumors float around. I never trust anything on social pages
 
Thanks for the update, a lot of rumors float around. I never trust anything on social pages
Based on the source of that information, I would take it as gospel. He works in the KTP.
 
Anyone here bitching about the wait and blaming Ford in whole for the delay simply doesn’t understand current manufacturing and associated supply chains nor do they understand the relative permanent shift on how cara and trucks will be sold in the future.

Scheduling, production plans, anticipated demand…….all that has dramatically changed in the last 18-24 months. In addition, the shift from domestic mfrs from lots full of vehicles to a more prominent custom order sales channel has serious supply chain challenges. Simply put, the auto industry by and large has been Ill prepared for such dynamic change.

As much as it sucks to wait, you also owe it to yourself to think critically about the entire process of vehicle production and how it’s evolving in real time. Then you’ll understand that you’re in the midst of a paradigm shift in how vehicles are sold and you have zero control over what happens when.

Most of us are spoiled little bitch Americans. I say that with zero disrespect, but pure honesty. We have generations in this country who expect what they want when they want it. I’m in that group. We’ve been conditioned to think it’s normal to simply get what you want when you want it regardless of any constraint. IMO, being able to order and pay for one of these things is a luxury, not a right. I’m thankful to be able to order and pay for my truck and regardless of the perception of nonsensical allocations, schedules, etc I’ll be happy when I get it. We’re all caught in a situation that Ford and their suppliers could have never predicted or planned for appropriately. It’s sucks to wait, but it’s also awesome that we can get things like this here. There are plenty of places in the world that several members of this forum have seen where you don’t have the luxury to wait for a luxury.
All things said are very true. I believe there is one underlying element that makes everything more frustrating. Sure, we would love more communication from Ford, and sure, we are all patiently waiting knowing the world we live in and the supply chain challenges. The part that frustrates everything is the lack of clarity in how production is scheduled and that there is little rhyme or reason to why some people wait for several months and some get picked up right away.

I think everybody would be a little more settled if production was scheduled sequentially and we could see a trend in the process. All options the same, first order in, first order out. I know this is a pipe dream and there are variables and outliers, but if you can't get to the biggest dealership with the most allocation it shouldn't mean you are waiting 8-12 months to get a truck.

Plat tremor 6.7 ordered 11/22 Confirmed 11/24
Priority 10 - Still waiting for scheduling
 
All things said are very true. I believe there is one underlying element that makes everything more frustrating. Sure, we would love more communication from Ford, and sure, we are all patiently waiting knowing the world we live in and the supply chain challenges. The part that frustrates everything is the lack of clarity in how production is scheduled and that there is little rhyme or reason to why some people wait for several months and some get picked up right away.

I think everybody would be a little more settled if production was scheduled sequentially and we could see a trend in the process. All options the same, first order in, first order out. I know this is a pipe dream and there are variables and outliers, but if you can't get to the biggest dealership with the most allocation it shouldn't mean you are waiting 8-12 months to get a truck.

Plat tremor 6.7 ordered 11/22 Confirmed 11/24
Priority 10 - Still waiting for scheduling

I think the simple answer is that it's not an automated process and that there is likely politics involved.

That's just my guess.
 
Well, just got told my truck went from scheduled the week of 4/18 to the actual day of 4/19. This might actually happen. :LOL:
 
Does anybody have info if new Super Duty orders are getting scheduled this week?
 
New to the forum but have been watching since I ordered.

Ordered 1/31 - never received anything other than the paperwork I got at the dealership. Never got a single email from ford. Called the dealer last week and they had a VIN for me. Allowed me to open the tracker.

In Production 3/31

Built 3/31

Now it just says it’s shipped but no details.

I was a priority 15.

No BAP, A/S, Bedliner, winch, or 5th wheel prep. My dealer made sure to tell me not to put these on the order. I have every other option you could get with the Lariat.

Seems I got extremely lucky with timing. Hope to have it by the end of April.
Well, your post inspired me to finally sign up. I placed my order 2/3/22 and received an order confirmation from Ford 2/4/22. But crickets since then. Just got off the phone with a very nice gentleman at Ford who confirmed they have my order but nothing more in the way of updates. I have a few options selected that I know are known to be issues like BAP and 5th wheel prep. So i have resigned myself to the fact that at some point during the rest of my life my truck will eventually be ready...but it helps knowing I'm not alone LOL. Cheers!
 
Well, just got told my truck went from scheduled the week of 4/18 to the actual day of 4/19. This might actually happen. :LOL:
Nice! WS should be available on the 12th
 
At least the plant is open and building back ordered trucks for those that have been waiting way longer than me..On another note the 2018 FX4 is getting ready for the first camping trip of the year.
 

Attachments

  • B947C8F3-FF8B-4336-8148-B65B45CA4DE2.webp
    B947C8F3-FF8B-4336-8148-B65B45CA4DE2.webp
    342.3 KB · Views: 76
The countdown has begun! ordered 7/30 got an original build date of 3/14 that has pushed and pushed to 4/18. however this date has been holding for a few weeks now (knock knock) thinking the end of this long journey is coming to an end!
 
Last edited:
My truck is now "in production" I don't have a window sticker yet but last email I got from Ford said scheduled for the week of 4/11. Hopefully things go smoothly from here on out. 6 1/2 months from order confirmed to in production. Do they email the build day to me or will I have to try and get that info from the dealership?
 

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom