FYI 2022 Updated Production Schedule

I should have been more explicit with my example. I was onsite last month at my client who is a harness manufacturer, millions of harnesses waiting on a shipment of TPE from Asia for the overmouldings at connection points. You’re right no shortage of wire for now. Doesn’t mean that they still were able to complete their processes in time to make their contracted delivery dates. Those harnesses were all for the auto industry. This particular manufacturer makes harnesses for every single auto manufacturing plant in the US.
That makes more sense. We are all frustrated and bottom line Ford’s communication has been lackluster at best. Thank Goodness for these forums to bring us information as without them we would all be MUSHROOMS(in the dark and under poop). I for one knew what I was getting into but wish there was more transparency to the process by Ford so that those who have been waiting 6 to 9 or more months could understand when someone else orders and has their truck in 3-4.
 
That makes more sense. We are all frustrated and bottom line Ford’s communication has been lackluster at best. Thank Goodness for these forums to bring us information as without them we would all be MUSHROOMS(in the dark and under poop). I for one knew what I was getting into but wish there was more transparency to the process by Ford so that those who have been waiting 6 to 9 or more months could understand when someone else orders and has their truck in 3-4.
We are all in the same position, wether it is me or you, or a wiring harness manufacturer, or Ford - we are all waiting for a commodity or a product. I don’t expect Ford or any other auto manufacturer to enforce their delivery clauses as it would most likely just make the issue worse and could force companies like the wiring harness manufacturer to declare bankruptcy and pull the plug.

In the current environment we are all going to have to take it whenever we get it, it sucks and I know it first hand. My plans have had to change with every bumped build date. Was supposed to be in Chicagoland for my in-laws 50th anniversary mid April. Looked like it might be possible when I was part of the mass scheduling on 2/1. Bumped 6 times with a current build week of 5/2 which bumped my June fly fishing trip to Montana with my Dad because my wife is concerned that the truck will show up while I am on the trip and we need to get it broken in to tow our new trailer. At this point we are just hoping that we can make it to the family reunion/4th of July party.
 
Wow, I just posted the production schedule I saw this morning, didn’t mean to start an uproar on the site. I’m waiting just like most of us but relax and share information that is helpful during the wait..
Aeh you didn’t start anything this has been going on for sometime now
 
Anyone here bitching about the wait and blaming Ford in whole for the delay simply doesn’t understand current manufacturing and associated supply chains nor do they understand the relative permanent shift on how cara and trucks will be sold in the future.

Scheduling, production plans, anticipated demand…….all that has dramatically changed in the last 18-24 months. In addition, the shift from domestic mfrs from lots full of vehicles to a more prominent custom order sales channel has serious supply chain challenges. Simply put, the auto industry by and large has been Ill prepared for such dynamic change.

As much as it sucks to wait, you also owe it to yourself to think critically about the entire process of vehicle production and how it’s evolving in real time. Then you’ll understand that you’re in the midst of a paradigm shift in how vehicles are sold and you have zero control over what happens when.

Most of us are spoiled little bitch Americans. I say that with zero disrespect, but pure honesty. We have generations in this country who expect what they want when they want it. I’m in that group. We’ve been conditioned to think it’s normal to simply get what you want when you want it regardless of any constraint. IMO, being able to order and pay for one of these things is a luxury, not a right. I’m thankful to be able to order and pay for my truck and regardless of the perception of nonsensical allocations, schedules, etc I’ll be happy when I get it. We’re all caught in a situation that Ford and their suppliers could have never predicted or planned for appropriately. It’s sucks to wait, but it’s also awesome that we can get things like this here. There are plenty of places in the world that several members of this forum have seen where you don’t have the luxury to wait for a luxury.
 
Anyone here bitching about the wait and blaming Ford in whole for the delay simply doesn’t understand current manufacturing and associated supply chains nor do they understand the relative permanent shift on how cara and trucks will be sold in the future.

Scheduling, production plans, anticipated demand…….all that has dramatically changed in the last 18-24 months. In addition, the shift from domestic mfrs from lots full of vehicles to a more prominent custom order sales channel has serious supply chain challenges. Simply put, the auto industry by and large has been Ill prepared for such dynamic change.

As much as it sucks to wait, you also owe it to yourself to think critically about the entire process of vehicle production and how it’s evolving in real time. Then you’ll understand that you’re in the midst of a paradigm shift in how vehicles are sold and you have zero control over what happens when.

Most of us are spoiled little bitch Americans. I say that with zero disrespect, but pure honesty. We have generations in this country who expect what they want when they want it. I’m in that group. We’ve been conditioned to think it’s normal to simply get what you want when you want it regardless of any constraint. IMO, being able to order and pay for one of these things is a luxury, not a right. I’m thankful to be able to order and pay for my truck and regardless of the perception of nonsensical allocations, schedules, etc I’ll be happy when I get it. We’re all caught in a situation that Ford and their suppliers could have never predicted or planned for appropriately. It’s sucks to wait, but it’s also awesome that we can get things like this here. There are plenty of places in the world that several members of this forum have seen where you don’t have the luxury to wait for a luxury.
The wait sucks but is understandable and not something that can be fixed easily. Not having any idea how long the wait will be and lack of communication is worse - and is something that Ford can do better at. That’s the biggest issue IMO.
 
I thought the Super Duty order system was being shut down as of April 1? Why am I still able to go on Ford.com and build one?
 
The wait sucks but is understandable and not something that can be fixed easily. Not having any idea how long the wait will be and lack of communication is worse - and is something that Ford can do better at. That’s the biggest issue IMO.
I am not blaming Ford for the delays, however, the lack of communication is clearly in their corner. Ordering and getting a truck in 2-3 months vs waiting a year or more...and the entire time...crickets.

A little transparency would be awesome.

"hey, we can't build Super Duty Tremors due to a shortage of widgets. We expect the delayed shipment to be in 60 days from now and will resume production then".
 
I thought the Super Duty order system was being shut down as of April 1? Why am I still able to go on Ford.com and build one?
The site is always delayed. You can build it online but you can’t order it at the dealership.
 
I thought the Super Duty order system was being shut down as of April 1? Why am I still able to go on Ford.com and build one?
You’ll be able to build online even months from now when ordering has long since halted. Always like that.
 
I am not blaming Ford for the delays, however, the lack of communication is clearly in their corner. Ordering and getting a truck in 2-3 months vs waiting a year or more...and the entire time...crickets.

A little transparency would be awesome.

"hey, we can't build Super Duty Tremors due to a shortage of widgets. We expect the delayed shipment to be in 60 days from now and will resume production then".
Right or wrong, the manufacturers will try to paint the rosiest of pictures to the general public (within what their leadership deems to be "believable") for fear of losing sales to "the other guy" if they don't. If Ford were that straight with everyone, but GM is standing across the street saying "c'mon over, we can build you what you want", some folks would take the bait, even if it turns out not to be entirely true.

-SR-
 
Well my truck has been in factory purgatory for a week or more showing in production but no further update. I even texted the dealer yesterday and turns out they know even less than me.

Well 5 pm on a Sunday night I get an email your truck is built will be at the dealer in Houston between the 13th and 19th.

I don’t believe it but all the modules are now populated.
 
Last edited:
Random question. I ordered my 250 tremor with the BAP and roof clearance lights. Will those be orange lights or a white style led?I know the lens itself is smoked.
I have an Atlas Blue with BAP. Here is a picture of my clearance lights which are clear. I don't have a picture of them at night.
1649075001135.webp

1649075020944.webp
 
Well my truck has been in factory purgatory for a week or more showing in production but no further update. I even texted the dealer yesterday and turns out they know even less than me.

Well 5 pm on a Sunday night I get an email your truck is built will be at the dealer in Houston between the 13th and 19th.

I don’t believe it but all the modules are now populated.
Which dealer in Houston did you use? I ordered mine from Tomball Ford. Seems to be the same scenario, they don’t know anything. I feel like I have had to educate them about the truck I am buying from them. Definitely should be the other way around.
 
Random question. I ordered my 250 tremor with the BAP and roof clearance lights. Will those be orange lights or a white style led?I know the lens itself is smoked.
They will be orange.
 
Scheduling doesn't mean shit. My truck was built on 3/21 and is floating around the KTP in limbo... No tracker update, still shows "In Production"... Dealer says the VVR has a window of 4/11-4/17 but NO shipping confirmation.

You get your truck when you get your truck.
Ordered 10/18 and Built 2/18 for mine and still waiting for it to get picked up on convoy from KC.

3/5 to 3/11 original estimated delivery. Hoping it comes in the next three weeks before I go grab my travel trailer, but as long as it's here by road trips in July I'm content waiting lol. There are zero guarantees in this with how chaotic and out of Ford's control everything is.
 
Just read on fb that a short supply of brake lines? Get on this forum and electrical harnesses also? Is this true, and are they shutting down?
 
New to the forum but have been watching since I ordered.

Ordered 1/31 - never received anything other than the paperwork I got at the dealership. Never got a single email from ford. Called the dealer last week and they had a VIN for me. Allowed me to open the tracker.

In Production 3/31

Built 3/31

Now it just says it’s shipped but no details.

I was a priority 15.

No BAP, A/S, Bedliner, winch, or 5th wheel prep. My dealer made sure to tell me not to put these on the order. I have every other option you could get with the Lariat.

Seems I got extremely lucky with timing. Hope to have it by the end of April.
Welcome! That is a great turnaround...
 
Ordered 10/18 and Built 2/18 for mine and still waiting for it to get picked up on convoy from KC.

3/5 to 3/11 original estimated delivery. Hoping it comes in the next three weeks before I go grab my travel trailer, but as long as it's here by road trips in July I'm content waiting lol. There are zero guarantees in this with how chaotic and out of Ford's control everything is.
Cool!
 
Just read on fb that a short supply of brake lines? Get on this forum and electrical harnesses also? Is this true, and are they shutting down?
I have no definitive information that any of those harnesses that were in limbo were for Ford Super Duties. I was just highlighting the fact that the ripple effect in the supply chain is real. The KTP plant is up and running and there has been no indication that they are shutting down production anytime soon.
 

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom