FYI 2022 Updated Production Schedule

View attachment 50005View attachment 50006

My truck arrived at the dealership yesterday. Pics from dealer.

Ordered 10/6/21
Built 3/20 after two reschedules
Shipped 3/22
Arrived 4/1

Lariat Ultimate 7.3 BAP

Big shout out to my buddies at Brian Hoskins Ford! Can’t wait to pick it up this week.
Two reschedules, bah that’s amateur I’ve had 7. Lol sorry couldn’t resist
 
Is the tracker down?
 
View attachment 50005

My truck arrived at the dealership yesterday. Pics from dealer.

Ordered 10/6/21
Built 3/20 after two reschedules
Shipped 3/22
Arrived 4/1

Lariat Ultimate 7.3 BAP

Big shout out to my buddies at Brian Hoskins Ford! Can’t wait to pick it up this week.
Congrats!
 
Scheduling more at least give those that are unscheduled some idea of when they may get their truck. I am still unscheduled so it would be nice to know if there is a chance I get the truck in the next 2 months or not (ordered 11/24/21). Right now all I know is that I will be Early June at best but could be October at this point. Put me in a line of some sort.
I agree. I haven’t waited near what most have. My two cents are that if Ford doesn’t schedule then nobody can bitch because they have been pushed. This is total BS as they have a very good idea of production capacity as well as where commodities are in the process bar some catastrophic event. I deal in extremely critical scheduling which requires tons of 3rd party procurement and my clients would call BS if I told them “you will get it when I get to it”
 
Scheduling doesn’t produce trucks, running the production line does. If they are already scheduled through 5/2 what does it matter if they schedule you for the week of 5/9 this week or sometime in the next 4 weeks. As long as they can get the requisite parts to build the orders, they will be able to build the approximately 300,000 SD trucks they have In backlog before the end of the year. They have built an average of over 800,000 F-series per year for more than the last decade. If they can get the parts, they can get them built
This. Also, the past two mass scheduling events were not on a normal Thursday schedule.
 
Scheduling doesn’t produce trucks, running the production line does. If they are already scheduled through 5/2 what does it matter if they schedule you for the week of 5/9 this week or sometime in the next 4 weeks. As long as they can get the requisite parts to build the orders, they will be able to build the approximately 300,000 SD trucks they have In backlog before the end of the year. They have built an average of over 800,000 F-series per year for more than the last decade. If they can get the parts, they can get them built
Exactly. There are so many still needing to be built that they don’t need to schedule new ones right now.
 
Scheduling doesn’t produce trucks, running the production line does. If they are already scheduled through 5/2 what does it matter if they schedule you for the week of 5/9 this week or sometime in the next 4 weeks. As long as they can get the requisite parts to build the orders, they will be able to build the approximately 300,000 SD trucks they have In backlog before the end of the year. They have built an average of over 800,000 F-series per year for more than the last decade. If they can get the parts, they can get them built
For what it's worth, most of those 800K trucks are F-150s. About 350K of those are Super Duty trucks. So, it'll probably take them the entire rest of the year to make what's already in order if it's the 250K remaining that has been rumored.

-SR-
 
Scheduling more at least give those that are unscheduled some idea of when they may get their truck. I am still unscheduled so it would be nice to know if there is a chance I get the truck in the next 2 months or not (ordered 11/24/21). Right now all I know is that I will be Early June at best but could be October at this point. Put me in a line of some sort.
Scheduling doesn't mean shit. My truck was built on 3/21 and is floating around the KTP in limbo... No tracker update, still shows "In Production"... Dealer says the VVR has a window of 4/11-4/17 but NO shipping confirmation.

You get your truck when you get your truck.
 
Scheduling doesn't mean shit. My truck was built on 3/21 and is floating around the KTP in limbo... No tracker update, still shows "In Production"... Dealer says the VVR has a window of 4/11-4/17 but NO shipping confirmation.

You get your truck when you get your truck.
I get that it’s not a perfect system but why not give customers some estimate on timeframes? Orders are closed. Do the math on all outstanding orders and give everyone an estimated build date/week/month. It will change but it’s something.
 
Scheduling more at least give those that are unscheduled some idea of when they may get their truck. I am still unscheduled so it would be nice to know if there is a chance I get the truck in the next 2 months or not (ordered 11/24/21). Right now all I know is that I will be Early June at best but could be October at this point. Put me in a line of some sort.
I agree with you to a point. I got scheduled 2-1 for a build week of 3-14. Since have been bumped 7 times for a 5-2 build week. Having a vin is just as frustrating as not at this point. I’m pretty sure I got a vin and production date on a week that they weren’t supposed to be scheduling. They are cranking them out like crazy. There are SD scattered all around the plant. Fingers crossed all of you will be scheduled soon.
 
Scheduling more at least give those that are unscheduled some idea of when they may get their truck. I am still unscheduled so it would be nice to know if there is a chance I get the truck in the next 2 months or not (ordered 11/24/21). Right now all I know is that I will be Early June at best but could be October at this point. Put me in a line of some sort.

I get that it’s not a perfect system but why not give customers some estimate on timeframes? Orders are closed. Do the math on all outstanding orders and give everyone an estimated build date/week/month. It will change but it’s something.
Most people on here sat in limbo for several months with only a confirmation email and no VIN. Ford only assigns a production week when they know they have all the parts needed from your build. Earlier this month 37 Tier 1 and Tier 2 parts suppliers missed their deliveries to Ford. Most could not deliver due to commodity procurement on their end, some because of labor shortages. Ford will schedule your build when they have the parts for it. This is entirely dependent upon the partners in their supply chain being able to get the materials to make the parts and sub assemblies that Ford buys from them. It’s called a ripple effect. These ripple effects are going to permeate the manufacturing sector for at least the next 2-3years, maybe longer depending on current geopolitical events.

TL;DR - hold onto your shorts, you’re in for a long and bumpy ride
 
Being un-scheduled for 3-9 months causes major anxiety.

Being scheduled for production and then bumped 7 times for another 2 months delay causes anxiety.

Being in actual production for 3 weeks and not receiving a “built” email causes anxiety.

Being build for 3 weeks but not shipped out of KTP causes anxiety.

Being shipped out of KTP but then being held up in some random rail yard for another 3 weeks causes anxiety.

Waiting 1-2 weeks for a final lift from the rail yard to the dealers lot causes anxiety.

Finally picking up your truck from the dealer who is not willing to apply price protection and/or PCO to your invoice causes anger and anxiety.

Noticing immediate oil leaks or scratches on your brand new truck is something else entirely.

At the end of the journey, coming onto this thread with a simpleton “the wait was totally worth it” comment…i dont know about you all, but i’ll never shake this f*cked up experience ordering and waiting for a truck in 2021-2022 year.
 
Most people on here sat in limbo for several months with only a confirmation email and no VIN. Ford only assigns a production week when they know they have all the parts needed from your build. Earlier this month 37 Tier 1 and Tier 2 parts suppliers missed their deliveries to Ford. Most could not deliver due to commodity procurement on their end, some because of labor shortages. Ford will schedule your build when they have the parts for it. This is entirely dependent upon the partners in their supply chain being able to get the materials to make the parts and sub assemblies that Ford buys from them. It’s called a ripple effect. These ripple effects are going to permeate the manufacturing sector for at least the next 2-3years, maybe longer depending on current geopolitical events.

TL;DR - hold onto your shorts, you’re in for a long and bumpy ride
I understand that it’s all a crap shoot - others have waited a year or more, but there is no doubt that Ford can do a better job at getting information to customers. Right the ship at some point.

Will I be waiting 2 more months or 6 more months? That impacts whether I can and will wait for this order. Am I going to keep seeing people get their trucks in 2-3 months from order while others wait 8-12?

Ford says talk to dealer. Dealer says we don’t know anything - Ford does the scheduling. It’s all on Ford to handle the communication for these “unprecedented times”. Ford allowed a backlog of hundreds of thousands of trucks and for dealers to have hundreds of trucks on order at a time.

Allocations, commodities, depends on what you order, someone will buy every truck no matter what, every manufacturer is having issues, microchips, labor, blah blah blah - do better, Ford. They have stated that they want to move the business model more to custom orders but they are failing in that regard.
 
Most people on here sat in limbo for several months with only a confirmation email and no VIN. Ford only assigns a production week when they know they have all the parts needed from your build. Earlier this month 37 Tier 1 and Tier 2 parts suppliers missed their deliveries to Ford. Most could not deliver due to commodity procurement on their end, some because of labor shortages. Ford will schedule your build when they have the parts for it. This is entirely dependent upon the partners in their supply chain being able to get the materials to make the parts and sub assemblies that Ford buys from them. It’s called a ripple effect. These ripple effects are going to permeate the manufacturing sector for at least the next 2-3years, maybe longer depending on current geopolitical events.

TL;DR - hold onto your shorts, you’re in for a long and bumpy ride
Again in my industry, way more susceptible to commodity impacts due to the shear volume of mechanical, electrical, plumbing, structural and Architectural components to build a ground up medical facility, we have impacts but know enough about our business as well as our suppliers and 2nd/3rd tier suppliers to still turn a building on time to avoid liquidated damages for failing to meet our commitment. The issue here is that no one is holding or honestly have the ability to hold Ford accountable and there is never a firm commitment. Ford on the other hand most likely has mechanisms to hold their suppliers accountable. Without firm commitments nobody can hold anyone accountable. I knew when I ordered I was given a swag of a delivery window so I will live with that. What bothers me is that a lot of people are taking the poor so and so (insert Ford, or dealer or 2nd tier supplier, or 2nd tier installer) and that is just not right. There are mechanisms within every contract for failure to meet commitments just so happens we don’t have a contract when we order a Truck.
 
Again in my industry, way more susceptible to commodity impacts due to the shear volume of mechanical, electrical, plumbing, structural and Architectural components to build a ground up medical facility, we have impacts but know enough about our business as well as our suppliers and 2nd/3rd tier suppliers to still turn a building on time to avoid liquidated damages for failing to meet our commitment. The issue here is that no one is holding or honestly have the ability to hold Ford accountable and there is never a firm commitment. Ford on the other hand most likely has mechanisms to hold their suppliers accountable. Without firm commitments nobody can hold anyone accountable. I knew when I ordered I was given a swag of a delivery window so I will live with that. What bothers me is that a lot of people are taking the poor so and so (insert Ford, or dealer or 2nd tier supplier, or 2nd tier installer) and that is just not right. There are mechanisms within every contract for failure to meet commitments just so happens we don’t have a contract when we order a Truck.
I firmly agree that communication from Ford sucks, and I am not trying to defend any corporate entity. I work with manufacturers and suppliers across multiple industrial sectors. In the auto industry I work with companies that make everything from wiring harnesses, to stamped body panels, to axles, and almost every single part for a vehicle made from metal. The common denominator for the current production failure in the auto industry is decades long just-in-time manufacturing practices. One hiccup with raw materials anywhere in the system = delays in production all along the system. What do you expect Ford to do when their wiring harness manufacturer can’t deliver wiring harnesses because they cannot get the chemicals needed to make the coatings for the wires?
 
New to the forum but have been watching since I ordered.

Ordered 1/31 - never received anything other than the paperwork I got at the dealership. Never got a single email from ford. Called the dealer last week and they had a VIN for me. Allowed me to open the tracker.

In Production 3/31

Built 3/31

Now it just says it’s shipped but no details.

I was a priority 15.

No BAP, A/S, Bedliner, winch, or 5th wheel prep. My dealer made sure to tell me not to put these on the order. I have every other option you could get with the Lariat.

Seems I got extremely lucky with timing. Hope to have it by the end of April.
 
I firmly agree that communication from Ford sucks, and I am not trying to defend any corporate entity. I work with manufacturers and suppliers across multiple industrial sectors. In the auto industry I work with companies that make everything from wiring harnesses, to stamped body panels, to axles, and almost every single part for a vehicle made from metal. The common denominator for the current production failure in the auto industry is decades long just-in-time manufacturing practices. One hiccup with raw materials anywhere in the system = delays in production all along the system. What do you expect Ford to do when their wiring harness manufacturer can’t deliver wiring harnesses because they cannot get the chemicals needed to make the coatings for the wires?
Those making the harnesses are not manufacturing the wire. I have literally 10’s of millions of miles of wire installed in my projects everything from controls systems to life safety systems to basic infrastructure and I have NEVER been told by any party they couldn’t get wire. Now more realistically the price of the actual conductors have gone up several hundred percent or more(I have seen instances of 400%) and the 2nd tier suppliers may not want to honor their pricing commitments(with just in time manufacture I am not sure what type of supply agreements are in place to protect against escalation/inflation) I know when I contract a party to supply a product they are bound to supply it at the price which I purchased said product.
 
Those making the harnesses are not manufacturing the wire. I have literally 10’s of millions of miles of wire installed in my projects everything from controls systems to life safety systems to basic infrastructure and I have NEVER been told by any party they couldn’t get wire. Now more realistically the price of the actual conductors have gone up several hundred percent or more(I have seen instances of 400%) and the 2nd tier suppliers may not want to honor their pricing commitments(with just in time manufacture I am not sure what type of supply agreements are in place to protect against escalation/inflation) I know when I contract a party to supply a product they are bound to supply it at the price which I purchased said product.
I should have been more explicit with my example. I was onsite last month at my client who is a harness manufacturer, millions of harnesses waiting on a shipment of TPE from Asia for the overmouldings at connection points. You’re right no shortage of wire for now. Doesn’t mean that they still were able to complete their processes in time to make their contracted delivery dates. Those harnesses were all for the auto industry. This particular manufacturer makes harnesses for every single auto manufacturing plant in the US.
 
Back
Top Bottom