FYI 2022 Updated Production Schedule

Tip of the day: My truck is enroute and I did not want to deal with a price protection argument they day my truck is there and I want to bring it home. I am sure I would cave at that point. I called the dealership and they said I was not entitled price protection. So I called Ford marketing and made a big stink and got the lady (ford rep) on phone to call the dealership and say on recorded line I should be entitled. Fast forward I got a case number and today I call the dealership and ask about status and they said they will get me price protection. Advice get started early.
Glad Granger has posted multiple times that we are all price protected. One less thing for us to worry about.
 
If vehicles are not in a mid-cycle refresh or new model year it is easier to carry over the order into a subsequent year. Think 20MY to 21MY SuperDuty for instance. Largely unchanged. Even going to 22MY essentially had the same content and order options. The big screen and Sync 4 simply replaced what was already there. 23MY will be a potential wildcard until we see the order guide. Options, packages, etc could all change...
Exactly. One thing I don’t see mentioned anywhere is the possibility of the Tremor becoming it’s own trim like route the F-150 has gone. That’s entirely plausible in my mind. We really just don’t know the extent of the 2023 changes.
 
The xxxx/xxxx is supposedly your spot in line for that day. I like your number, a lot. The first number is your spot in line out of a total of 1667 trucks scheduled for that day. Finally some good production numbers!
My build day is supposed to be 4/6 and my WS says I'm #29 out of 715 for that day. A far sight from 1667, but at least it's a lot more than zero.

-SR-
 
Yesterday the tracker pushed me to week of 4/4 and this morning back to 3/28. I have window sticker.

I think someone is just having a blast every day changing the dates around just to mess with us.
 
My build day is supposed to be 4/6 and my WS says I'm #29 out of 715 for that day. A far sight from 1667, but at least it's a lot more than zero.

-SR-

Hopefully they start trending up towards the 1667 range...
 
Hopefully they start trending up towards the 1667 range...
My dealer told me last week that there will be a sharp uptick in production moving forward barring further crazy constraints, and that this will be augmented by order books closing tomorrow. He also told me NOT to remove the bedliner from my BAP, and that the word on the street is that AS should be the only holdup right now... we will see... could be just placating me cuz he also said he expects me to get a VIN and production date "in the next few weeks"... ordered 2/28/22 at Priority 19, tho, so not holding my breath right now... but they're a good dealer who is honoring my 4/4 $3k PCO, doing X-plan, and they say I'm price-protected... however, he said he was being totally transparent in telling me upfront that the price protection will be in the form of a check for the difference between my signed order and the current pricing upon delivery, mailed to me after the deal is done...

2022 Antimatter Blue Lariat Ultimate Package F-250 6.7 PS
Black Appearance Package
Winch
All-weather floor mats
Console Vault
Rapid heat supplemental heater
Engine block heater
Rain sensing wipers/heated steering wheel
Roof clearance lights
Upfitter switches
Universal garage door opener
Hood deflector
CHMSL camera
Heated rear seats
 
Last edited:
My dealer told me last week that there will be a sharp uptick in production moving forward barring further crazy constraints, and that this will be augmented by order books closing tomorrow. He also told me NOT to remove the bedliner from my BAP, and that the word on the street is that AS should be the only holdup right now... we will see... could be just placating me cuz he also said he expects me to get a VIN and production date "in the next few weeks"... ordered 2/28/22 at Priority 19, tho, so not holding my breath right now... but they're a good dealer who is honoring my 4/4 $3k PCO, doing X-plan, and they say I'm price-protected... however, he said he was being totally transparent in telling me upfront that the price protection will be in the form of a check for the difference between my signed order and the current pricing upon delivery, mailed to me after the deal is done...

2022 Antimatter Blue Lariat Ultimate Package F-250 6.7 PS
Black Appearance Package
Winch
All-weather floor mats
Console Vault
Rapid heat supplemental heater
Engine block heater
Rain sensing wipers/heated steering wheel
Roof clearance lights
Upfitter switches
Universal garage door opener
Hood deflector
CHMSL camera
Heated rear seats
Just spoke to my dealer and said the same thing, He also told me he only has 3 SD orders ahead of mine that aren't schedule so I'm hopeful mine will get schedule in the next couple of months.
 
Just spoke to my dealer and said the same thing, He also told me he only has 3 SD orders ahead of mine that aren't schedule so I'm hopeful mine will get schedule in the next couple of months.
I ordered on 11-23 and I am 30 of 45 orders from a small midwest dealer. As of last Friday he had 24 and 25 on the lot 26 and 27 on a rail car and no more VINS yet. So I am hopeful that I will be in the next group of there orders.
 
My dealer told me last week that there will be a sharp uptick in production moving forward barring further crazy constraints, and that this will be augmented by order books closing tomorrow. He also told me NOT to remove the bedliner from my BAP, and that the word on the street is that AS should be the only holdup right now... we will see... could be just placating me cuz he also said he expects me to get a VIN and production date "in the next few weeks"... ordered 2/28/22 at Priority 19, tho, so not holding my breath right now... but they're a good dealer who is honoring my 4/4 $3k PCO, doing X-plan, and they say I'm price-protected... however, he said he was being totally transparent in telling me upfront that the price protection will be in the form of a check for the difference between my signed order and the current pricing upon delivery, mailed to me after the deal is done...
I feel that Ford mailing a check is total bull 💩

If you have to finance the purchase are they going to include the additional interest in the amount?

Ford is essentially forcing a buyer to take out a bigger loan than is needed. Should be considered consumer fraud especially if you are financing through Ford Credit. If we are talking about approximate $2k of difference in increased financing, that also adds several hundred dollars in additional interest over the terms of the loan.
 
I feel that Ford mailing a check is total bull 💩

If you have to finance the purchase are they going to include the additional interest in the amount?

Ford is essentially forcing a buyer to take out a bigger loan than is needed. Should be considered consumer fraud especially if you are financing through Ford Credit. If we are talking about approximate $2k of difference in increased financing, that also adds several hundred dollars in additional interest over the terms of the loan.
No I am going thru my work's credit union... 2.49% for 72 mos. and the biweekly payments are just taken right out of my paycheck... don't even have to talk to the dealer about financing... just a price and trade value discussion... I agree that I would rather not have to rely on a check from Ford, but at least they are trying to take care of me... I have heard some dealers aren't doing the price protection...
 
I feel that Ford mailing a check is total bull 💩

If you have to finance the purchase are they going to include the additional interest in the amount?

Ford is essentially forcing a buyer to take out a bigger loan than is needed. Should be considered consumer fraud especially if you are financing through Ford Credit. If we are talking about approximate $2k of difference in increased financing, that also adds several hundred dollars in additional interest over the terms of the loan.

A responsible person would take the check and put it towards the loan principal as soon as you get which would make the interest on that money small, it will however make your monthly payment a touch higher.

However, most of us would probably put the check towards more mods. :ROFLMAO:
 
However, most of us would probably put the check towards more mods. :ROFLMAO:
Indeed... I can have a $30/month cheaper payment by applying it to the loan, or pay for leveling it... in all honesty I will probably have to use it to pay Flood Ford for the ESP...
 
ordered 2/28/22 at Priority 19,

I'll look for your name/updates, we're similar timeframe, it'll be curious to see how things play out with someone from same timeframe. Ordered 2/26/22, priority 10 I believe, confirmed ford email 3/3/22. F350 7.3L Lariat moderately optioned, in terms of potential commodity problems BAP & 5th, I told the dealer they can switch my order to the BAP w/o liner if it makes a difference as things progress.
 
I'll look for your name/updates, we're similar timeframe, it'll be curious to see how things play out with someone from same timeframe. Ordered 2/26/22, priority 10 I believe, confirmed ford email 3/3/22. F350 7.3L Lariat moderately optioned, in terms of potential commodity problems BAP & 5th, I told the dealer they can switch my order to the BAP w/o liner if it makes a difference as things progress.
I was fairly surprised to see that none of my listed options were constrained at the moment. I thought for sure the bedliner might be a problem. Dealer said that if push comes to shove with that, Ford will build the truck without it and I just take it to Line-X with a PO. But trucks are not flagged right now for a production delay simply for having it as a listed option.

I got my order confirmation email from Ford before the sales guy even made it back to his cubicle from the sales manager's office. I know that doesn't mean anything. But as hard as I tried, they would not put me at Priority 10. They have guys in front of me and it would be unfair to them. I get it. At least it wasn't 80 and put in the dealer stock queue.
 
2022 Ordered 11/30
Confirmed 11/30
F-350 Lariat Crew Cab, 6.7 Power Stroke, Tremor w/ Lariat Ultimate, Pro back up assist, 5th Wheel Prep, Spray in bed liner
1st Production 2/14
2nd Production 2/21
3rd Production 2/28
4th Production 3/7
Crickets
3/18 Thanks again for placing your 2022 Super Duty F-350 Lariat order. We’re working hard to assemble your vehicle, but it’s going to take more time than expected to finish it.
3/31
1648766699491.webp
 
rumor is they have ran a few 23 test trucks at KTP, I was told that the 23 looks pretty similar to the 22 outside(nothing drastic but it is different) and it does have the 21 F150 interior. I live in the louisville area and have a ton of friends at KTP.
 
rumor is they have ran a few 23 test trucks at KTP, I was told that the 23 looks pretty similar to the 22 outside(nothing drastic but it is different) and it does have the 21 F150 interior. I live in the louisville area and have a ton of friends at KTP.
The only good thing about F150 interior is the max recline seats, hopefully they’ll also move the column shifter to the center console. GM did it on their 2022 refresh, I freaking hate the column shifter
 
Last edited:
The only good thing about F150 interior is the max recline seats, hopefully they’ll also move the column shifter to the center console. GM did it on their 2020 to refresh, I freaking hate the column shifter
I highly doubt youll ever see a console shifter in an SD i think theres an engineer on record saying they will never do that. just move it its pretty easy. console shifters arent for everyone(im one of them).
 
The only good thing about F150 interior is the max recline seats, hopefully they’ll also move the column shifter to the center console. GM did it on their 2020 to refresh, I freaking hate the column shifter
Oh god that’s blasphemy, console shifters are for cars and sissy half tons lol
 
My guess, and it is purely a guess, is they had a delayed shipment of components that got an unexpected delay. I think Ford is flying by the seat of their pants, scheduling based on expected arrival of parts and not parts on hand.

Wild guess.
This is correct bc tru at
rumor is they have ran a few 23 test trucks at KTP, I was told that the 23 looks pretty similar to the 22 outside(nothing drastic but it is different) and it does have the 21 F150 interior. I live in the louisville area and have a ton of friends at KTP.
this is exactly why I ordered a 22 with that new sync 4. 22 superduty interior is the best I’ve ever seen. Only way they make it better in my opinion would be to remove all the cheap plastic but f150 interior was a flop for me. But far better then competition.
 
Back
Top Bottom