FYI 2022 Updated Production Schedule

For those that are considering a new 22my order or those that already ordered. There are many rumors, many misinformed or clueless dealers and a ton of speculation out there but here is the current schedule concerning Super Duty production for 2022. This was as of Friday which takes into account the chip shortage and plant closures.

​

2022 F-Series Super Duty Production Information​


Per Friday's FDNB (Fleet Distribution News Bulletin) below is the updated production timetable for the 2021/2022MY F-Series Super Duty.

  • 01/20/2021 - 2021MY Final Fleet Order Date
  • 03/18/2021 - 2021MY Last Day to Spec Change (KTP)
  • 03/18/2021 - 2021MY Last Day to Spec Change (OHAP)
  • 06/04/2021 - 2021MY Balance Out Date (KTP)
  • 07/20/2021 - 2021MY Balance Out Date (OHAP)

  • 03/15/2021 - 2022MY Order Bank Open Date
  • 04/22/2021 - 2022MY Scheduling Begins (KTP)
  • 04/29/2021 - 2022MY Scheduling Begins (OHAP)
  • 06/04/2021 - 2022MY Job #1 Date (KTP)
  • 07/20/2021 - 2022MY Job #1 Date (OHAP)
My truck was completed in KY. on Friday. Dealer says it will take 4-8 weeks to get it shipped to CA. I hope he’s clueless!
 
Just squeezed my order in today, put a no questions asked refundable deposit down. Called around the local dealers and they didn't even want to try, or said it could go 50/50 as far as getting a 2022 model. The dealership I went with is about 1.5 hr away and said they had over 30 allocations left (which is pretty close to full lol). Hopefully it gets built :ROFLMAO:
 

Attachments

  • Tremor Order Summary.webp
    Tremor Order Summary.webp
    64.1 KB · Views: 143
Not sure if it's different with super duty orders . But I know of two different people this past August, one ordered a "21" mustang the other a "21" explorer . And they were converted to "22's", without having to reorder . So in sure it will be the same with our trucks as well. But who knows , I could be wrong .
I finally got my window sticker for my order of 07/21/2021. Ordered a 2022 Lariat Diesel, the model year is still 2022 but the MSRP for the base price jumped $2,555.00 from the time I ordered until the window sticker printed. It will be interesting to see what the dealership says about the price hike.
 
I finally got my window sticker for my order of 07/21/2021. Ordered a 2022 Lariat Diesel, the model year is still 2022 but the MSRP for the base price jumped $2,555.00 from the time I ordered until the window sticker printed. It will be interesting to see what the dealership says about the price hike.
Window Stickers always show current pricing.
 
I finally got my window sticker for my order of 07/21/2021. Ordered a 2022 Lariat Diesel, the model year is still 2022 but the MSRP for the base price jumped $2,555.00 from the time I ordered until the window sticker printed. It will be interesting to see what the dealership says about the price hike.

Seems to be going two ways. Bad dealers refuse price protection, good dealers honor it.

My understanding is the invoice is created when it's built. So the dealer has to submit an exception to get that money refunded and it takes several days before the dealership receives that reimbursement. So while it's true it does put the dealer out, one of the mods over at BOF said they can also submit the exception and have the check sent from Ford to you instead of themselves if they weren't trying to shaft you.

So, goes dealer by dealer.

In terms of legal footing to fight it -- that depends on individual circumstances and whether or not it's really worth it.
 
yeah that's true , I'm just interested/nervous in the interior update and if it will come with blue cruse. my dealer is small and hope they can just resubmit it later next month as a 23 but I'm sure that's not how it works lol plus the green sales man I talked to a month before I ordered said I wouldn't get a 22 no madder when I order so it just seems like its crapshoot. i guess if was to get a build date before i know what the interior is going to look like then i should just stick with the 22.
I heard Ford wouldn't be taking 23my Super duty orders until sometime in or around October.
 
I stopped by my local stealership yesterday, a buddy works in the service department. They are freaking out they will have no new inventory by July-Aug from Ford. He said it’s all about the new model of selling only special orders like Tesla does most places with very limited ala-cart. 3 Ford businesses, EV, Gas, Commercial. They have a bunch of ROUCH F250-F150's right now, asking $40,000 over MSRP, and they are selling fast, insane... Doesn't give me hope my truck will be built anytime soon.
 
I stopped by my local stealership yesterday, a buddy works in the service department. They are freaking out they will have no new inventory by July-Aug from Ford. He said it’s all about the new model of selling only special orders like Tesla does most places with very limited ala-cart. 3 Ford businesses, EV, Gas, Commercial. They have a bunch of ROUCH F250-F150's right now, asking $40,000 over MSRP, and they are selling fast, insane... Doesn't give me hope my truck will be built anytime soon.
Maybe they’ll go manufacturer direct like Tesla too cut these shady dealers out of the picture , I’d hate to see people loose their jobs but with a lot of these stealerships it would be self inflicted
 
I stopped by my local stealership yesterday, a buddy works in the service department. They are freaking out they will have no new inventory by July-Aug from Ford. He said it’s all about the new model of selling only special orders like Tesla does most places with very limited ala-cart. 3 Ford businesses, EV, Gas, Commercial. They have a bunch of ROUCH F250-F150's right now, asking $40,000 over MSRP, and they are selling fast, insane... Doesn't give me hope my truck will be built anytime soon.
Never seen one sell for 40K over sticker. Hell, I have a really nice F150, '21, that I would gladly sell for 1/2 of that
 
Never seen one sell for 40K over sticker. Hell, I have a really nice F150, '21, that I would gladly sell for 1/2 of that
$19000 for KG Roush upgrade, $20000 market adjustment. Welcome to Crazy SoCal Town..

Maybe they’ll go manufacturer direct like Tesla too cut these shady dealers out of the picture , I’d hate to see people loose their jobs but with a lot of these stealerships it would be self inflicted
I agree. I expect a lot of manufactures to go that route, Granger is almost that way now. The stealerships will probably have special editions to sell onsite. My biggest complaint has been not being able to see the interior of certain models. We wanted a limited, but couldn't find one to look at since they changed the gray trim to a blue, so went Plati Tremor instead.
 
Got a weird update today. Last week showed in production modules haven’t shown up. But today by build week pushed from 3/28 to 4/4. I am batch 005003 1061/1667. Have no idea what that means.
 
Got a weird update today. Last week showed in production modules haven’t shown up. But today by build week pushed from 3/28 to 4/4. I am batch 005003 1061/1667. Have no idea what that means.

My guess, and it is purely a guess, is they had a delayed shipment of components that got an unexpected delay. I think Ford is flying by the seat of their pants, scheduling based on expected arrival of parts and not parts on hand.

Wild guess.
 
Have the trucks that have been built lately getting delivered or are the going on a chip hold? I have been trying not to be on here as much so I would quit torturing myself while waiting.
I have heard the GM is sending trucks out without all of their chips and the options not working. (that sucks)
I hope Ford does not end up doing this.

F250 Platinum
ordered Sept. 11th
build date May 2nd 8th delay
My father-in-law who works at a dealership told me the same thing
 
Have the trucks that have been built lately getting delivered or are the going on a chip hold? I have been trying not to be on here as much so I would quit torturing myself while waiting.
I have heard the GM is sending trucks out without all of their chips and the options not working. (that sucks)
I hope Ford does not end up doing this.

F250 Platinum
ordered Sept. 11th
build date May 2nd 8th delay
Ford is already doing this. I believe it’s with the explorer only. They’re not putting in the rear seat controls and rear seat heaters until the chips come in at a later date.
 
My understanding is that the yaw sensor will come with your truck if you ordered UTT. But you won’t get the 12 pin in the bed without the 5th wheel prep.
 
Got a weird update today. Last week showed in production modules haven’t shown up. But today by build week pushed from 3/28 to 4/4. I am batch 005003 1061/1667. Have no idea what that means.

The xxxx/xxxx is supposedly your spot in line for that day. I like your number, a lot. The first number is your spot in line out of a total of 1667 trucks scheduled for that day. Finally some good production numbers!
 
Tip of the day: My truck is enroute and I did not want to deal with a price protection argument they day my truck is there and I want to bring it home. I am sure I would cave at that point. I called the dealership and they said I was not entitled price protection. So I called Ford marketing and made a big stink and got the lady (ford rep) on phone to call the dealership and say on recorded line I should be entitled. Fast forward I got a case number and today I call the dealership and ask about status and they said they will get me price protection. Advice get started early.
 
They'll have to put in a new order for the 23. It won't just turn to a 23. You'll most likely end up with a 22 now.

Not sure if it's different with super duty orders . But I know of two different people this past August, one ordered a "21" mustang the other a "21" explorer . And they were converted to "22's", without having to reorder

If vehicles are not in a mid-cycle refresh or new model year it is easier to carry over the order into a subsequent year. Think 20MY to 21MY SuperDuty for instance. Largely unchanged. Even going to 22MY essentially had the same content and order options. The big screen and Sync 4 simply replaced what was already there. 23MY will be a potential wildcard until we see the order guide. Options, packages, etc could all change...
 
Tip of the day: My truck is enroute and I did not want to deal with a price protection argument they day my truck is there and I want to bring it home. I am sure I would cave at that point. I called the dealership and they said I was not entitled price protection. So I called Ford marketing and made a big stink and got the lady (ford rep) on phone to call the dealership and say on recorded line I should be entitled. Fast forward I got a case number and today I call the dealership and ask about status and they said they will get me price protection. Advice get started early.
Glad to see your truck is getting close! It doesn't seem that long ago that you were working through options... Time flies!!!
 
Back
Top Bottom