FYI 2022 Updated Production Schedule

Where has it been said my23 will be available in March? It's actually been speculated that my22 ordering will run through the summer with the 23 changeover not taking place until the fall.
New 22 orders (this year) started in March
 
With them playing catch up on all the 22's, I see them making 22's all the way up to summer shutdown (July , if they even have one) . Maybe some late order 22 model will most likely be converted to 23 model . I know a couple people who ordered end of the year 21 explorer and 21 mustang , which were converted to 22's.

The order banks for 23 super duty might open up early again this year ?? I know last year was March, when usually they're at the start of summer. Ford might hope that opening it early again , would help with the load of all the 22 orders ??
 
Last edited:
With them playing catch up on all the 22's, I see them making 22's all the way up to summer shutdown . Order banks will likely open anywhere between March-June for the 23's . Maybe some late order 22 model will most likely be converted to 23 model . I know a couple people who ordered end of the year model explorer and mustang and were converted to the next years model .
Thanks, do you think this Thurs will be scheduling ?
 
What is ford projected profits this year? I wonder because I fear they will plan to start cutting corners and keeping cost high to make larger margins. With them making a new style in ‘23, is the interior going to get more plastic bs… and my big worry is the lightning going to be cheap build and not made in America.

Kinda off topic but the talk of ‘23 made me curious
 
What is ford projected profits this year? I wonder because I fear they will plan to start cutting corners and keeping cost high to make larger margins. With them making a new style in ‘23, is the interior going to get more plastic bs… and my big worry is the lightning going to be cheap build and not made in America.

Kinda off topic but the talk of ‘23 made me curious
Lightning not made in America?? It's being built at Dearborn Truck, where all other f150's are made. Or do you mean all the components to build it are all outsourced ?
 
Lightning not made in America?? It's being built at Dearborn Truck, where all other f150's are made. Or do you mean all the components to build it are all outsourced ?
The mache is made in Mexico I heard. I’m afraid they will do the same. I’ve heard good things from the build quality of that suv but I try my best to buy American… heck, my running shoes are made in America even.

My worry is ford needing to keep profit margins. Ford had plans to move plants to Mexico before trump was president and he worked out a deal before even becoming president… with the Covid lockdown and supply chain issues, they aren’t moving vehicles like they need to, so margins aren’t going to be high. So I’m afraid they might try and move factories again.

Best we can do is wait and see. I just hope they don’t start slipping on build quality in ‘23
 
I dont think so especially with the supply issues they just had from the recent storms.

The mache is made in Mexico I heard. I’m afraid they will do the same. I’ve heard good things from the build quality of that suv but I try my best to buy American… heck, my running shoes are made in America even.

My worry is ford needing to keep profit margins. Ford had plans to move plants to Mexico before trump was president and he worked out a deal before even becoming president… with the Covid lockdown and supply chain issues, they aren’t moving vehicles like they need to, so margins aren’t going to be high. So I’m afraid they might try and move factories again.

Best we can do is wait and see. I just hope they don’t start slipping on build quality in ‘23
Same here , anytime I search a product that I have to buy. I'm always making sure the label says made in the best country in the world . AMERICA ! That is true about that fake mustang "Mexican Mustang" is what I always call it. And I'm afraid of more product going there also. They already said that the all electric explorer and aviator will be built in Mexico also. Which I don't understand why it can't be built at Chicago assembly, where the two gas powered vehicles already come from ?? It really grinds my gears when I hear that crap.
 
@Tremorinphx, I'm 929/1040. I'm not sure how much insight I can provide, but the date on my WS changed from 12/9 to 12/16 yesterday. From what I've gathered from reading here, the dates change when there is a change with the truck, so I'm hoping this means that it started getting built. I know it's not much help, but figured I pass it along.
4/1040, my window sticker changed from 12/11 to 12/18
 
Ordered 10-29 arrived 12-14

Stoked

Sport appearance package seems a little more rare out there…

8D8C5D30-E235-4C3F-8EDB-B38B8A501A04.webp
 
Same here , anytime I search a product that I have to buy. I'm always making sure the label says made in the best country in the world . AMERICA ! That is true about that fake mustang "Mexican Mustang" is what I always call it. And I'm afraid of more product going there also. They already said that the all electric explorer and aviator will be built in Mexico also. Which I don't understand why it can't be built at Chicago assembly, where the two gas powered vehicles already come from ?? It really grinds my gears when I hear that crap.
Need a good presidential administration to help keep companies here. This group we have I’m not sure really cares and probably is in the business of destroying what progress was made
 
Hey I'm new here I order one the 2 week of December and they said 6-8 months do you think it will be a 22 or 23
 
Mine is supposed to be built on the 23rd. Hopefully she will be on rail car before the weekend.
Sorry, but from my understanding from Blue Oval Group. Anything at the plant 12/23 won't go out until end of January. Maybe even later if there's a chip hold. I'm in same boat. My built date 12/13 but I doubt its the real date. And have even less faith Ford will ship it out before 12/23 deadline.:cry:
My last ship date to dealer 12/27. But already been told by dealer their's an additional 2 week delay for delivery!
 
If this has been discussed earlier , sorry. But do you think Ford will be scheduling Thurs, 12/23? And if not on the list, adding the three week vacation will put me in a build date of March 22, which is when 23 models can be ordered. Would Ford consider bumping me to a 23 at the same price for the 9 month wait?
Blue Oval Forums posted next week for scheduling is 1/3.
 
Back
Top Bottom