FYI 2022 Updated Production Schedule

If your production Date holds and doesnt get bumped you should have the truck within a few weeks of the production date. Ford will give you an ETA date once the truck is built. In general ive found those ETA's to be pretty close(within days either way)

Ive heard Production only takes about 36 hours per truck(the tracker will show "In production" for about a week). If you dont have any accessories that require the truck sent offsite it can ship within 24 hours of being built. Things move along pretty quickly once you in the production stage.
Thank you very much for the reply and clarification!
 
Congratulations on the build! This is what’s so infuriating w Ford scheduling. I have same Tremor with sport pkg but have bedliner and 5th prep so my order of 7/28 still sits on a shelf w no vin. The most ridiculous thing I’ve ever experienced
That is extremely frustrating.. sorry to hear that. Because of what I read in this forum I decided to order it specifically to hopefully get it sooner.
 
Actually with Granger it IS an allotment/allocation issue if you have been following any of their threads on multiple forums.

Last cycle they got 74 allocations. They stated they generally have ~150 trucks on order.

So during any given allocation cycle(every 2 months) they can get half their trucks built... if there are no commodity restrictions.

A lot of the guys who seem to be getting trucks relatively quickly seem to be from small dealers that get a couple super duty allocations per year and somebody just happened to stumble into one that was in the active build cycle and bam their truck gets built. OR they order a basic XL or XLT truck that doesnt hit any commodity constraints and gets picked up over a loaded up truck because 7 of the items for it are on constraint. This same affect can be found in the C8 Corvette world right now. I called my local small Chevy dealer I have bought a few cars from and he said "oh if you want a car, we have an un-used allocation for this cycle, I can get you a car in like 1-2 months"... I wanted to get on a Z06 list, not a base car list so I didnt take him up, but I did pass along the info to my buddy who snagged the allocation and his car is built and in purgatory due to the tornado's.

I think Ford is building every truck it can, but it definitely doesnt seem to prioritize who ordered first from a "global" perspective
Actually with Granger it IS an allotment/allocation issue if you have been following any of their threads on multiple forums.

Last cycle they got 74 allocations. They stated they generally have ~150 trucks on order.

So during any given allocation cycle(every 2 months) they can get half their trucks built... if there are no commodity restrictions.

A lot of the guys who seem to be getting trucks relatively quickly seem to be from small dealers that get a couple super duty allocations per year and somebody just happened to stumble into one that was in the active build cycle and bam their truck gets built. OR they order a basic XL or XLT truck that doesnt hit any commodity constraints and gets picked up over a loaded up truck because 7 of the items for it are on constraint. This same affect can be found in the C8 Corvette world right now. I called my local small Chevy dealer I have bought a few cars from and he said "oh if you want a car, we have an un-used allocation for this cycle, I can get you a car in like 1-2 months"... I wanted to get on a Z06 list, not a base car list so I didnt take him up, but I did pass along the info to my buddy who snagged the allocation and his car is built and in purgatory due to the tornado's.

I think Ford is building every truck it can, but it definitely doesnt seem to prioritize who ordered first from a
Actually with Granger it IS an allotment/allocation issue if you have been following any of their threads on multiple forums.

Last cycle they got 74 allocations. They stated they generally have ~150 trucks on order.

So during any given allocation cycle(every 2 months) they can get half their trucks built... if there are no commodity restrictions.

A lot of the guys who seem to be getting trucks relatively quickly seem to be from small dealers that get a couple super duty allocations per year and somebody just happened to stumble into one that was in the active build cycle and bam their truck gets built. OR they order a basic XL or XLT truck that doesnt hit any commodity constraints and gets picked up over a loaded up truck because 7 of the items for it are on constraint. This same affect can be found in the C8 Corvette world right now. I called my local small Chevy dealer I have bought a few cars from and he said "oh if you want a car, we have an un-used allocation for this cycle, I can get you a car in like 1-2 months"... I wanted to get on a Z06 list, not a base car list so I didnt take him up, but I did pass along the info to my buddy who snagged the allocation and his car is built and in purgatory due to the tornado's.

I think Ford is building every truck it can, but it definitely doesnt seem to prioritize who ordered first from a "global" perspective so to speak.
If I remember correctly, Zach said there was 1 truck from June, 1 truck from July, and several trucks from August (mine included) waiting to be scheduled. There have been quite a few trucks scheduled and built since my order was placed. Definitely not allotment, it’s a commodity issue. My point was that when you’re on a commodity hold and you see a truck that was ordered two weeks ago get scheduled today with options that you have been passed over for due to commodity issues it’s pretty frustrating. I know I’m not the only one that’s frustrated. There are others who have been waiting quite a bit longer than I have, some just have a lot of patience.

Like you said, they don’t prioritize who ordered first, but they sure as hell should if the parts are there…
 
Speaking of Granger allocations - this is something I’m a bit confused on. I thought with COVP orders (which Granger is doing with deposit and drivers license), they are given incremental allocation and typical dealer allocation restraints didn’t apply. Can anyone clear this up for me?
 
So this Granger place gets 70+ trucks scheduled per month and my local dealership can't even get their measley 7 retail truck orders scheduled!?!? That is infuriating!!! This dealership BS is completely broken.

So now I get to go shop for a beater car to drive for who knows how long since I can't practically ride my motorcycle through winter and I keep having to many schedule conflicts come up with sharing my wife's car. I will probably be lucky to see my 7/24 ordered truck by March, which would be 8 MONTHS. That's not 8 months with 4 months of pre-order waiting built in. That's 8 actual f$@king production months!!! Meanwhile, I get to keep watching other more-recently-ordered trucks get selected for production IN THE SAME WEEK which collectively have all of the same limited commodities as mine which could have been used to build my truck. SHIT!

Sorry. I needed to get that off my chest

-SR-
 
Speaking of Granger allocations - this is something I’m a bit confused on. I thought with COVP orders (which Granger is doing with deposit and drivers license), they are given incremental allocation and typical dealer allocation restraints didn’t apply. Can anyone clear this up for me?
You are correct. The COVP process makes so that dealers don't use up their own allocations for retail orders.

-SR-
 
We all know not all dealers and not all dealerships are created equal & not all are honest

While ford has lots of issues to fix, where should they draw the line, do they hire a entire division to track vehicles from order to arrival at the dealership to keep buyers in the loop and how much do they increase the price to pay for this service?
They need to hire enough that they don’t misplace orders.

They should provide enough people to keep the tracking website working. It’s been hit and miss since I ordered my truck.

They could fix the email system so it sends status updates like it should. When the status changes, the email system should work. I’ve only received about half the emails I should have received.

They should not lock down their APIs so much. The community could provide webpages to fill the gap. Right now, they’re trying to keep too much information secret, and instead of bothering with figuring it out, they just lock down everything.

They should also provide more access to the tracking to the marketing department. They’re already getting calls, but they can’t really answer anything significant.

Did you know that there is one guy over at blue oval who will give you the status of your order if you ask nicely in a forum post? It’s not even his job. He just does it as a favor to the community. One guy - in his spare time.

Another guy (dealership) is updating people with the scheduling information.

Two guys, in their spare time, are providing more information to the community that their entire marketing department.

Ford needs a team to help improve communication with dealerships and customers. The team should also help prioritize the tracking system. It doesn’t need to be big or expensive to be effective.

At the moment, the ordering pages are much better than any other automaker’s. Once things are ordered though, Ford completely drops the ball. They can’t even fix basic bugs in the tracking system. After the tracking website stopped working for me for five days, I finally tracked the problem to a bad function call in their JavaScript, and sent them a detailed report of the bug. The big was fixed it the next day. I don’t know if it was because of my detailed big report or not, but there is no reason a customer should be troubleshooting a basic tool on a live website for a $80 Billion company.

A lot of problems could be fixed if Ford simply gave they’re marketing department better access to the ordering process. Create a small team dedicated to tracking and information, and things would be 100 times better, and it wouldn’t cost that much to do it.
 
They need to hire enough that they don’t misplace orders.

They should provide enough people to keep the tracking website working. It’s been hit and miss since I ordered my truck.

They could fix the email system so it sends status updates like it should. When the status changes, the email system should work. I’ve only received about half the emails I should have received.

They should not lock down their APIs so much. The community could provide webpages to fill the gap. Right now, they’re trying to keep too much information secret, and instead of bothering with figuring it out, they just lock down everything.

They should also provide more access to the tracking to the marketing department. They’re already getting calls, but they can’t really answer anything significant.

Did you know that there is one guy over at blue oval who will give you the status of your order if you ask nicely in a forum post? It’s not even his job. He just does it as a favor to the community. One guy - in his spare time.

Another guy (dealership) is updating people with the scheduling information.

Two guys, in their spare time, are providing more information to the community that their entire marketing department.

Ford needs a team to help improve communication with dealerships and customers. The team should also help prioritize the tracking system. It doesn’t need to be big or expensive to be effective.

At the moment, the ordering pages are much better than any other automaker’s. Once things are ordered though, Ford completely drops the ball. They can’t even fix basic bugs in the tracking system. After the tracking website stopped working for me for five days, I finally tracked the problem to a bad function call in their JavaScript, and sent them a detailed report of the bug. The big was fixed it the next day. I don’t know if it was because of my detailed big report or not, but there is no reason a customer should be troubleshooting a basic tool on a live website for a $80 Billion company.

A lot of problems could be fixed if Ford simply gave they’re marketing department better access to the ordering process. Create a small team dedicated to tracking and information, and things would be 100 times better, and it wouldn’t cost that much to do it.

And the more they do, the more you want

Coukd it be they also do not want people hacking their systems and playing with code, so they shut down things and are tightening security so people can not hack into the system

How much are you willing to pay for it, $100, $500,$1k extra?
 
Last edited:
They could easily write a line of code in a day that allows you to track it when it’s done being built. Don’t need to hire anyone. I don’t get the gate guarding ford mind set. You have a ford tattoo somewhere?

No I’m not a Ford groupie

I have zero idea about writing a line of code, or what is involved with tracking a build, but I do see lots of people that also have no idea what is involved with building one being very critical of Ford for not pandering to them and telling them daily what is going on and why

Want to bet Ford is fighting all kinds of supply issues from vendors, that they are juggling a ton of different balls trying to build as many trucks as they possibly can?

Also want to bet the tornadoes that just tore across America will fuck up truck production even more, yet people want it right now and will bitch and moan cuz they want it instead of working within the system to find out what’s going on & why

We have a dealer here that has explained the order process best he can in layman terms and even he does not have all the answers

At one time you custom ordered a new vehicle and you waited till the call saying it was delivered and that was it.

Ford has gotten way better, yes they have a long way to go to keep everyone happy, but it’s not going to happen overnight and constantly bashing Ford does nothing productive
 
At one time you custom ordered a new vehicle and you waited till the call saying it was delivered and that was it.
The wait time was 2 months tops prior to covid. If everyone got their custom build truck in under 2 months like they did in the past, i bet there would be 99% less venting out of frustration.

The real problem is that ~20-30% still get their custom orders turned around in under 2 months while the ~70-80% are now waiting 6-9 months.

Now those 20% make sure to politely rub-it-in to those others waiting ( one dude did exactly that earlier today on this very thread). All this creates a lot of anger for the 80%. That’s why you see all of the venting out of frustration on this and other online forums.
 
My $.02 - This may not be well received, but it seems a good portion of us are acting a little entitled. Me included.

I worked for GM amongst the supply chain side of the house for a few years. It was fucking mind boggling how parts were sourced and managed. It literally was wizardry to me on how they can bring thousands of pieces and parts together from different suppliers all over the world, to produce a vehicle. What I can tell you is these organizations are so massive and so sprawling that on any given day, no one understands what’s going on in other departments. Plants are so disconnected from the “front offices” and their strategies. It does not surprise me one bit that they would face all kinds of customer experience issues moving to a strategy and model they weren’t prepared for.

The last two-ish years have introduced an insane amount of variables. I don’t care what your political affiliation is or what your views on Covid are. The landscape of the world and how it operates has changed. This DIRECTLY impacts a lot of industries, automotive manufacturing being one.

Now, I’m not advocating and justifying anything on behalf of the OEMs and suppliers. Ford, in this specific example, has a metric fuck ton of maturing to do in the customer experience space. If they truly want to shift their vehicle selling model to be more bespoke, then they need to undergo a transformational shift. In this day and age, the customer demands information and lots of it. Customers also like to be coddled and treated with importance. Made to feel special, if you will.

While we all sit here and bitch and say how simple it is to fix the issues they have, it simply is not. I refer back to my statement of huge, sprawling, slow moving, disconnected organizations. Customer experience is becoming a very hot topic across many industries. And for good reason, the consumer is king!

Ford needs to rethink this customer retail order process and figure out a way to keep their customers better informed, made to feel special, and be as transparent as they can be.

As for scheduling, which is a completely separate issue, l don’t have any idea how all this happens. But again, thousands of parts from all over the world have to come together to make a vehicle. Current supply chain issues, Covid protocols, and possibly resource shortages are really putting a turd in the punch bowl. As a process engineering and strategy consultant, I’d love to sit down and understand this magical scheduling voodoo they doodoo.

Again, this may ruffle some feathers, and I feel for those that are sitting around for 4+ months unscheduled or whatever. Emotions get the best of us sometimes, and emotions have been running high for the last couple of years.
 
OK this is crazy! I ordered my truck (Tremor 6.7) on 11/02 got my confirmation the next day then got an email scheduled for production on 12/06, and it’s still in production as of this morning. My son ordered his truck (non-Tremor but a Lariat 6.7) from a small central Florida dealer on 12/14. He got a email from Ford confirming his order an hour later. He called me yesterday (12/16) and said he is scheduled for production 02/07/22 and he already has his vin! How does this happen and some of you have been waiting for 6-8 month. Is it the dealer or just luck? He didn’t order AS, or any hitch or bed liner.
 
OK this is crazy! I ordered my truck (Tremor 6.7) on 11/02 got my confirmation the next day then got an email scheduled for production on 12/06, and it’s still in production as of this morning. My son ordered his truck (non-Tremor but a Lariat 6.7) from a small central Florida dealer on 12/14. He got a email from Ford confirming his order an hour later. He called me yesterday (12/16) and said he is scheduled for production 02/07/22 and he already has his vin! How does this happen and some of you have been waiting for 6-8 month. Is it the dealer or just luck? He didn’t order AS, or any hitch or bed liner.
It’s been stated many times over that certain commodities are constrained. Those are known to be AS, 5er prep, bed liner as the major. But at any given time, new ones could be added. At one point axles we’re a hold up.

So, depending on your specific vehicle configuration, your order may have checked all the boxes for available parts. Other orders may not have been able to check all the boxes.

I wish we could find someone on the Ford insider team to give us a overview on how the scheduling actually happens
 
It’s been stated many times over that certain commodities are constrained. Those are known to be AS, 5er prep, bed liner as the major. But at any given time, new ones could be added. At one point axles we’re a hold up.

So, depending on your specific vehicle configuration, your order may have checked all the boxes for available parts. Other orders may not have been able to check all the boxes.

I wish we could find someone on the Ford insider team to give us a overview on how the scheduling actually happens
And just as critically, when a vehicle is placed on hold for a constrained item after it has begun production, what is the process for completing that vehicle? Seems like those vehicles get "forgotten" given that plenty of others complete their build with (ostensibly) some of those "missing" components.

My truck has been on microchip hold since 11/26. Am I really supposed to believe that no other truck with the same options has completed production and shipped since that date (rhetorical question)?
 
What frustrates me the dealer telling me 12-16 weeks. I even asked even with all the problems due to covid and so on and I was told yes, 12-16 weeks. Now I can't get any communication from the dealer and have yet to hear a peep from Ford. These forums are the only source of info I have. I'm super excited about getting a Tremor. Seems like a great truck. With that being said for the price I'm paying I don't think a status update is unreasonable.

On a side note another local dealer got my blood pressure up this week. On their website they posted a Tremor for sale optioned almost exactly like I built mine. I inquired about it. I made appointments with the dealer for trade in, and so on. Then I got a call from the internet sales manager and he told me that truck was actually the finance manager's truck and it's not for sale but he would be happy to order a truck for me. That's the 2nd time I have heard the finance manager bit from the same dealership. When I was shopping in August they had a platinum Tremor that was loaded. It was a cool truck. Salesman said that the finance manager had ordered it but he quit because his wife got cancer. What is it with the finance manager bullshit? And don't put a truck for sale on your website that isn't actually for sale. Prick tease!
 
And just as critically, when a vehicle is placed on hold for a constrained item after it has begun production, what is the process for completing that vehicle? Seems like those vehicles get "forgotten" given that plenty of others complete their build with (ostensibly) some of those "missing" components.

My truck has been on microchip hold since 11/26. Am I really supposed to believe that no other truck with the same options has completed production and shipped since that date (rhetorical question)?
I hear you. I’d be frustrated as all get out.

This goes back to my point of missing transparency, lack of information detail, and environmental factors impacting operational processes.

I’d love to learn more about how they do these things and what their processes are.
 
What frustrates me the dealer telling me 12-16 weeks. I even asked even with all the problems due to covid and so on and I was told yes, 12-16 weeks. Now I can't get any communication from the dealer and have yet to hear a peep from Ford. These forums are the only source of info I have. I'm super excited about getting a Tremor. Seems like a great truck. With that being said for the price I'm paying I don't think a status update is unreasonable.

On a side note another local dealer got my blood pressure up this week. On their website they posted a Tremor for sale optioned almost exactly like I built mine. I inquired about it. I made appointments with the dealer for trade in, and so on. Then I got a call from the internet sales manager and he told me that truck was actually the finance manager's truck and it's not for sale but he would be happy to order a truck for me. That's the 2nd time I have heard the finance manager bit from the same dealership. When I was shopping in August they had a platinum Tremor that was loaded. It was a cool truck. Salesman said that the finance manager had ordered it but he quit because his wife got cancer. What is it with the finance manager bullshit? And don't put a truck for sale on your website that isn't actually for sale. Prick tease!
I think the dealers are somewhat just as blind as we the consumers are. Their estimates are ball parks. I was also told 12-16 weeks, and If all goes as planned in production, it will hit that window. But there are many on this forum that are falling outside of that window. If the dealer is educated and understands how orders need to be entered with Ford, I can’t fault or find blame with the dealer.

With that said, I’ve seen some shady dealers and blatant mistakes/lies. I think it would also help if the dealers were honest with their allocations and stuff ( take Granger for example).

On your second point, I called on 50 or so tremors all over the country. I got so close to flying to Wisconsin for one. Literally was putting a deposit down when he told me another rep sold the thing for 5k over MSRP and cash. It’s a dog eat dog market and sitting inventory is going to go to the highest “bidder”.
 
Well the good news Fairy visited me last night and left me a surprise under my metaphorical pillow. By "Good News Fairy" I mean Ford....By "Surprise" I mean a big soggy pile of shit. Pushed to February. 7 months
 
Well I finally got this gem in my inbox this morning! Tracker does not reflect it as of yet but that's ok, still doing a little dance!

1639745878408.webp
 
Back
Top Bottom