FYI 2022 Updated Production Schedule

Thanks. I don't see where he said the non-tremors do not. I guess what made me wonder was the black appearance package having the 20" wheels, not knowing if that would affect the width. Thanks for the info.
I believe tremor wheels and tires are overall taller and wider than the non tremor 20” wheels and tires, (i believe non tremor ones were 33-34, where tremor is 35” tall) so unless you plan to go larger in tire size there should be enough space for most flaps.
 
Not sure if anyone who has taken delivery is still on this thread. But anyone have experience of truck showing up past estimated delivery date from Ford?
I took delivery after the estimate. My original was 3dec, then 6dec, then 10dec, then 13dec, lastly 17dec… I took delivery on the 13th… also, I think all those dates are right. I honestly forget now but it was something like that. The palsapp never did work for me so after build date, I had no clue what was going on
 
I picked her up yesterday. My build and delivery dates were also pushed several times.

Here she is. I've put 300 miles on it so far, seems to get about 12.5 mpg no matter what I do. I imagine it will improve as the engine breaks in. Also scored my first rock chip.... FFS.

It's twice as big as it looks, and driving it requires a lot of attention to keep it in the lane. I hear that should improve as the tires break in.
 

Attachments

  • 20211216_105652.webp
    20211216_105652.webp
    500.4 KB · Views: 114
I picked her up yesterday. My build and delivery dates were also pushed several times.

Here she is. I've put 300 miles on it so far, seems to get about 12.5 mpg no matter what I do. I imagine it will improve as the engine breaks in. Also scored my first rock chip.... FFS.

It's twice as big as it looks, and driving it requires a lot of attention to keep it in the lane. I hear that should improve as the tires break in.
Beautiful truck
 
I went to the palsapp site and put in my Vin#. It comes up in the system as at the Kentucky plant with a freight bill # and status as pending. Does that mean my trucks ready to ship but it waiting on a ride out of there?
 
I picked her up yesterday. My build and delivery dates were also pushed several times.

Here she is. I've put 300 miles on it so far, seems to get about 12.5 mpg no matter what I do. I imagine it will improve as the engine breaks in. Also scored my first rock chip.... FFS.

It's twice as big as it looks, and driving it requires a lot of attention to keep it in the lane. I hear that should improve as the tires break in.
Looks good
 
I went to the palsapp site and put in my Vin#. It comes up in the system as at the Kentucky plant with a freight bill # and status as pending. Does that mean my trucks ready to ship but it waiting on a ride out of there?
That’s exactly what mine said the whole time. Never changed. Best you can do is wait till you get a call from the dealer now
 
My $.02 - This may not be well received, but it seems a good portion of us are acting a little entitled. Me included.

I worked for GM amongst the supply chain side of the house for a few years. It was fucking mind boggling how parts were sourced and managed. It literally was wizardry to me on how they can bring thousands of pieces and parts together from different suppliers all over the world, to produce a vehicle. What I can tell you is these organizations are so massive and so sprawling that on any given day, no one understands what’s going on in other departments. Plants are so disconnected from the “front offices” and their strategies. It does not surprise me one bit that they would face all kinds of customer experience issues moving to a strategy and model they weren’t prepared for.

The last two-ish years have introduced an insane amount of variables. I don’t care what your political affiliation is or what your views on Covid are. The landscape of the world and how it operates has changed. This DIRECTLY impacts a lot of industries, automotive manufacturing being one.

Now, I’m not advocating and justifying anything on behalf of the OEMs and suppliers. Ford, in this specific example, has a metric fuck ton of maturing to do in the customer experience space. If they truly want to shift their vehicle selling model to be more bespoke, then they need to undergo a transformational shift. In this day and age, the customer demands information and lots of it. Customers also like to be coddled and treated with importance. Made to feel special, if you will.

While we all sit here and bitch and say how simple it is to fix the issues they have, it simply is not. I refer back to my statement of huge, sprawling, slow moving, disconnected organizations. Customer experience is becoming a very hot topic across many industries. And for good reason, the consumer is king!

Ford needs to rethink this customer retail order process and figure out a way to keep their customers better informed, made to feel special, and be as transparent as they can be.

As for scheduling, which is a completely separate issue, l don’t have any idea how all this happens. But again, thousands of parts from all over the world have to come together to make a vehicle. Current supply chain issues, Covid protocols, and possibly resource shortages are really putting a turd in the punch bowl. As a process engineering and strategy consultant, I’d love to sit down and understand this magical scheduling voodoo they doodoo.

Again, this may ruffle some feathers, and I feel for those that are sitting around for 4+ months unscheduled or whatever. Emotions get the best of us sometimes, and emotions have been running high for the last couple of years.
I think spending almost 1/7 of a million dollars (Mustang and Tremor) allows me to be a little entitled, though I try not to push it too much.

I tried to lay out suggestions that could be implemented in a large sprawling organization with minimal work. In many cases, one person could do most of the work if he/she were given enough authority. It's mind boggling that random people on the forums, in their spare time, can provide more information than Ford Marketing.

Frankly, I would be happy if their tracker and email system worked consistently. It's the only page we can use to track our orders, and it doesn't work half the time. For as much as most of us are spending, that is really a small ask:

"Please make your one webpage work, and send me an email once in awhile."

I'm not angry or upset. I'm bewildered. I knew it was going to be awhile, and they are beating my expectations by quite a large margin. I'm surprised that the tracking and information is not more readily available though. Some of the problems would be really simple to fix (even at big organizations), and it's strange they haven't put a minimal effort into doing so especially since they seem to WANT to move into this new custom order business model.

Anyways, that's my two cents. My truck should be in the body shop next week for paint, and it will probably be delivered next month. I'm super excited to see it. We've been driving the Mustang for a month now, and I am totally in love with that car. Can't wait to move from my PW to a Tremor though.
 
Ahh shit!!! Tracker updated to Built with estimate delivery of 1/1/2021 after I sent this out this morning. Now as of 11am EST it has converted back to In Production with delivery as TBD. Anyone else see this right after notification of being built?
On Wednesday mine flipped from order processed to in production several time. Later in the day it finally stayed at in production.
 
I tried to lay out suggestions that could be implemented in a large sprawling organization with minimal work. In many cases, one person could do most of the work if he/she were given enough authority. It's mind boggling that random people on the forums, in their spare time, can provide more information than Ford Marketing.
Yeah, and those suggestions would likely be viable. I'm just trying to provide some perspective that these orgs don't shift and move very quickly. And with many of the department being so disjointed and silo'd, it takes a massive effort to do the simplest things. There is also an insane amount of middle management that has to put their blessing on things through the typical bureaucratic red tape.
Frankly, I would be happy if their tracker and email system worked consistently. It's the only page we can use to track our orders, and it doesn't work half the time. For as much as most of us are spending, that is really a small ask:

"Please make your one webpage work, and send me an email once in awhile."

I'm not angry or upset. I'm bewildered. I knew it was going to be awhile, and they are beating my expectations by quite a large margin. I'm surprised that the tracking and information is not more readily available though. Some of the problems would be really simple to fix (even at big organizations), and it's strange they haven't put a minimal effort into doing so especially since they seem to WANT to move into this new custom order business model.
I couldn't agree more. And that's my exact point of the transformation shift to be more consumer focused as opposed to being hyper focused on manufacturing only. Their desire to move to a more bespoke ordering process must be met with a white glove customer experience in this day and age.
 
So I got all excited because Granger emailed me today.....
It said, Looks like we will be receiving your Super Duty soon!
This is great because back when the spreadsheet was working it had my truck down for delivery this week.
Then I read the rest of the email that tells me It's from Jay the Aftermarket Manager at Granger.......
He's letting me know that they can add accessories if I like or even ceramic coat, tint or wrap the truck before I pick it up.
Somehow, I don't think he got the memo that my new ride was pulled aside and is waiting for a microchip.

I'm sure he's just going off the original delivery date and has no idea how happy I was to see an email from Granger.
I think it's going to be a 3-4 cocktail evening tonight.

Hope you all get some good news soon.
 
This morning Palsapp showed my VIN as "PENDING" - This afternoon it shows:

VIN Number Not Found.
The Unit may have been moved by another Carrier or not yet released to Carrier.

Is there movement going on here?
Mine has done the same thing several times lately. Back and forth. Pending to Not found!
 
I took delivery after the estimate. My original was 3dec, then 6dec, then 10dec, then 13dec, lastly 17dec… I took delivery on the 13th… also, I think all those dates are right. I honestly forget now but it was something like that. The palsapp never did work for me so after build date, I had no clue what was going on
Cool thanks for the info. Mine has shipped and estimated was 15th-21st. So should be any day, I am just getting super impatient
 
Thanks. I don't see where he said the non-tremors do not. I guess what made me wonder was the black appearance package having the 20" wheels, not knowing if that would affect the width. Thanks for the info.
Ok I'm a little rusty on this topic but I know that all Tremors have the wheel lip mouldings... I believe they also come on King Ranch non-Tremor as well. I know they don't come on non-Tremor Lariats because that was one of my considerations to change to Lariat Tremor. Not sure about Platinum and Limited non-Tremor, though.
 
Long time reading here. Thanks to all for the insight. It’s been fun watching this thread for the last few months.

Ordered 7-29-21. VIN in early September. Build week has moved 4 times and settled on the week of 12-13. WS available 12-9. Batch 654/1040. Black/Blackout Package F250 Tremor with most of the troublesome options ie 5th wheel prep etc.

Anyone have any insight if this 1040 batch actually got started this week? I’ve shown “In Production” since 12-13.
 
Last edited:
Mine is supposed to be built on the 23rd. Hopefully she will be on rail car before the weekend.
 

Attachments

  • Screenshot_20211217-180309.webp
    Screenshot_20211217-180309.webp
    64.5 KB · Views: 58
Still no VIN or build date on my 8/10 order, but talked to dealer today and he said my build has recently received a priority code of 02, which has to be done by Ford. Still not holding my breath to see it before March ( 7 months)
 
Mine is supposed to be built on the 23rd. Hopefully she will be on rail car before the weekend.
I’m 12/23 as well, I have absolutely zero confidence it will be produced and loaded on a rail or convoy before 12/27.

I’m just setting my expectations for a late January/early February arrival
 

Thanks for posting this - it is great information. My winch was already installed - I went out and got underneath and looked to find the old bolts sticking up into where the winch rope spools - I removed - went to hardware store and got shorter bolts and re-installed, they are about half the length and come up flush with top of clip on inside of bumper. Hold nice and won't impact rope spooling or edge of spool. Good to go.

Another thing I learned is the dealer had left the wireless remote winch set up in the package in the truck. They told me just plug in the module, turn on the remote and it works. I looked at the package and it clearly has wiring inside - I looked at instructions and it shows the module plugging into the winch, inside the bumper.

I called Warn to see about this and the wiring that was in the package they told me the wireless remote package is an "accessory" package that works with a "number" of different winch models they sell. The instructions are for a "typical" winch and wiring is required for those. In the case of the Ford winch, Ford specified in their specs that the module plug into the same plug as the "wired" remote and work with the wireless controller - no wiring. So I plugged into the module, turned on the wireless remote and worked fine.

Enjoy the wait - it is worth it!
 
Last edited:
Long time reading here. Thanks to all for the insight. It’s been fun watching this thread for the last few months.

Ordered 7-29-21. VIN in early September. Build week has moved 4 times and settled on the week of 12-13. WS available 12-9. Batch 654/1040. Black/Blackout Package F250 Tremor with most of the troublesome options ie 5th wheel prep etc.

Anyone have any insight if this 1040 batch actually got started this week? I’ve shown “In Production” since 12-13. Dealer isn’t a whole lot of help.
@Tremorinphx, I'm 929/1040. I'm not sure how much insight I can provide, but the date on my WS changed from 12/9 to 12/16 yesterday. From what I've gathered from reading here, the dates change when there is a change with the truck, so I'm hoping this means that it started getting built. I know it's not much help, but figured I pass it along.
 
Back
Top Bottom