FYI 2022 Updated Production Schedule

Well I did a thing today - I set foot on the dealership's property for the FIRST TIME EVER! Hahaa! I drove down and provided the service manager the entire winch install manual, and also the forum thread which addresses the winch trim. ALL IN COLOR, BABY!

He advised me that it would likely be a little more labor if Ford suggested just tossing out that trim. I advised him that Ford used to, but no longer state that. Also - the cost of the install is built into the purchase price. He seemed happy with that.

Fingers crossed!
 
Smart move. My winch install was missing three bolts. The mechanics told the salesman the bolts were not installed so they would not interfere with the rope. The updated procedure directed them to install the bolts the opposite way to the threads would point away from the winch. I sent them the procedure and it took them about an hour to do it right. I posted a picture of the three missing bolts on this thread a couple of pages back. Here is the picture again.
Have the instructions for the correct install?
 
So contacted my dealer today and dropped the 5th wheel prep. He said he was submitting it. I did have to sign another build sheet, do I also get an email from Ford about the changes or does the dealer just handle that. I did already receive the confirmation email from Ford about placing the order when I built it with the 5th wheel prep but no vin yet.
 
So I'm obviously newer to this forum, hate seeing all the issues everyone else is having, but I got an email today stating build date of week of Feb. 7th, and a VIN. Ordered 11-24-21.
 
So I'm obviously newer to this forum, hate seeing all the issues everyone else is having, but I got an email today stating build date of week of Feb. 7th, and a VIN. Ordered 11-24-21.

What trim and options did you get?
 
So I'm obviously newer to this forum, hate seeing all the issues everyone else is having, but I got an email today stating build date of week of Feb. 7th, and a VIN. Ordered 11-24-21.
Congrats. I assume you don't have Black Appearance, Fifth Wheel Prep or AS?
 
Mine still shows in production as well. No movement on sticker date either since Monday. I’ll try again tonight and tomorrow AM.
Mine moved to "In Production" last week, but somebody at blue-oval forums told me it will move to the line tomorrow.

If you use Inspect (right click) in Chrome when you reload your page, you can find the date the order was modified. You just need to find a 'epoch converter' online (google search) to convert that. It won't tell you what changed, but at least you know it's being worked on.

Note: No idea why it says it was ordered 9/29. I placed the order on 9/4. Bought a Mustang the same day (it said 9/4 for the order date), and we have been driving the Mustang for a month already. I suspect that Ford lost the papers or something. 9/29 was the day I removed AS.
 

Attachments

  • mod-date.webp
    mod-date.webp
    179.1 KB · Views: 72
Last edited:
What trim and options did you get?
F350, Tremor Platty, 4x4, 6.7, no sunroof, 5th wheel prep, no bed liner sourced it locally and get a lifetime warranty instead of ford's 3/36k, carbonized gray, upfitter switches, all weather floor mats. had rapid heat, mud guards, and wheel liners too, told the dealer to take them off in case it would hold up production, not sure if the change went through or not so I'll check the window sticker when it gets crested. Can't think of anything else that was a major add or delete.
 
Fifth wheel prep, so does a buddy of mine that ordered his on 11-29, and got a build date 4 days later.
Has 5th wheel prep, no AS or blackout because it's a platty. Now I am going to have most of the chrome blacked out later, deciding if it can be scuffed and painted or just vinyl cover it.
 
Yea, I am going to write several letters to Ford executives, this is bs. I have owned stock for years, We have always bought Ford vehicles, in fact my wife's Lincoln will be delivered in a week or so and she ordered it two months ago. I know some had to wait longer ( I am at 5 months no vin) but now build dates are getting close March when 23 orders start. But now what another 10-15% cost increase? I was always loyal to Ford, but keep in mind this the first time of ordering one, previously would buy from the dealership, (and boy the service dealership was also a mess) . If Ford has always been like this when ordering, it is a wonder how this company has stayed afloat.

Off the top here are a few suggestion
  1. Keep the customer informed. I worked in the marine electronics industry for years. And a lot of times I would have to tell the customers (and these were multi million dollar Yachts) bad news. And I found out very early, let the customer know. Must including myself can handle the bad news. And if the can't then it was for the best they leave,
  2. Tell the customer what can be added or deleted to help get the vin, we all know what is going on in this world on inventory shortage.
3 How about getting out of the backlog before adding the F-150 electric. Why not focus on your customers with signed contracts. These managers need to go back the basics of business. I am sorry, but get caught up should be the priority.

I am happy for the ones that got selected
 
I ordered on 11/8 and got an email this morning stating it was scheduled for production the week of 2/7.

350 Lariat w/ Black package (includes bed liner) and AS. (no 5th wheel)

It’s crazy how all over the board everyone’s dates are.
 
So contacted my dealer today and dropped the 5th wheel prep. He said he was submitting it. I did have to sign another build sheet, do I also get an email from Ford about the changes or does the dealer just handle that. I did already receive the confirmation email from Ford about placing the order when I built it with the 5th wheel prep but no vin yet.

That depends on whether or not that made a completely new order. Ford upped it's price on December 8th. If your order was in before that, the price increase wouldn't have applied to you.

It's possible that Ford won't allow changes to orders without getting that price increase and thus require a new build sheet. It's possible the dealer wants a signed sheet to cover their own posteriors.

Or, the dealer wants your place in line so they're submitting a second order and you'd be starting from square 1.

If it's the first or the last -- yeah, you should get a new email. If it's the middle, CMA, then no -- you wouldn't expect a new email.
 
Has 5th wheel prep, no AS or blackout because it's a platty. Now I am going to have most of the chrome blacked out later, deciding if it can be scuffed and painted or just vinyl cover it.
The blackout is the only reason I bought a Lariat and not a Platinum. I understand why they don't offer it with the Platinum, but it's costing them some money.
 
The blackout is the only reason I bought a Lariat and not a Platinum. I understand why they don't offer it with the Platinum, but it's costing them some money.

Same here. They are aware, you'll be able to get a KR and up with the black appearance next YM, as I understand it. Sadly, I think they're also going to make the SD look like the F150 next YM so I'm not interested in that.
 
Any day. I love the truck but it’s also the nicest thing I’ve ever owned. I’m curious how the AS helps with the wondering all over the road because of these tires or whatever is causing it. We have right about 200mi on it and seems to be getting better but still the truck is all over the road
I've been running Cooper ST MAXX tires on my' 97 7.3l for a a couple decades. I find the seriously aggressive off road tires typically take around 1500 miles before the floating/wandering feeling goes away. Disconcerting when pulling a 16,000 lb trailer. Once worn in they are great. I am guessing the tires on a new Tremor need to wear in the same. Just got done with that on my '97 now I get to do it all over again with my new Tremor.
 
Same here. They are aware, you'll be able to get a KR and up with the black appearance next YM, as I understand it. Sadly, I think they're also going to make the SD look like the F150 next YM so I'm not interested in that.
I read that the "22" f150 platinum will be receiving the black appearance package. So I'm sure that will carry into the "23" super duties . And I hope they don't carry over some of the exterior 150 design to the super duty.
 
Yea, I am going to write several letters to Ford executives, this is bs. I have owned stock for years, We have always bought Ford vehicles, in fact my wife's Lincoln will be delivered in a week or so and she ordered it two months ago. I know some had to wait longer ( I am at 5 months no vin) but now build dates are getting close March when 23 orders start. But now what another 10-15% cost increase? I was always loyal to Ford, but keep in mind this the first time of ordering one, previously would buy from the dealership, (and boy the service dealership was also a mess) . If Ford has always been like this when ordering, it is a wonder how this company has stayed afloat.

Off the top here are a few suggestion
  1. Keep the customer informed. I worked in the marine electronics industry for years. And a lot of times I would have to tell the customers (and these were multi million dollar Yachts) bad news. And I found out very early, let the customer know. Must including myself can handle the bad news. And if the can't then it was for the best they leave,
  2. Tell the customer what can be added or deleted to help get the vin, we all know what is going on in this world on inventory shortage.
3 How about getting out of the backlog before adding the F-150 electric. Why not focus on your customers with signed contracts. These managers need to go back the basics of business. I am sorry, but get caught up should be the priority.

I am happy for the ones that got selected
Yea, it’s really difficult to be positive when people who ordered a couple weeks ago get scheduled with the options you’ve been held up waiting on for months. Great for them, but come on Ford get your sh*t together. I ordered through Granger so I know it’s not an allotment issue, and I’ve been at priority 2 for 2 months. I was to the point that I was willing to accept that if I wanted the options I ordered, I was going to have to wait for them. Today, I’ve read about orders placed well after mine getting scheduled with adaptive steering (which I didn’t order), 5th wheel prep, and spray in liner. Not necessarily on the same builds, but scheduled. Yet here we are, stuck in purgatory, waiting longer because we don’t have a choice…

Ok rant over, needed to vent…

Congratulations to those who were scheduled.
 

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom