FYI 2022 Updated Production Schedule

Yea, it’s really difficult to be positive when people who ordered a couple weeks ago get scheduled with the options you’ve been held up waiting on for months. Great for them, but come on Ford get your sh*t together. I ordered through Granger so I know it’s not an allotment issue, and I’ve been at priority 2 for 2 months. I was to the point that I was willing to accept that if I wanted the options I ordered, I was going to have to wait for them. Today, I’ve read about orders placed well after mine getting scheduled with adaptive steering (which I didn’t order), 5th wheel prep, and spray in liner. Not necessarily on the same builds, but scheduled. Yet here we are, stuck in purgatory, waiting longer because we don’t have a choice…

Ok rant over, needed to vent…

Congratulations to those who were scheduled.
This whole order process is weird. I "thought" I had ordered the Spray in Bedliner so you can imagine my surprise when I got the call last week that my truck was in. Turns out I didn't order the bedliner, which now it makes more sense on how quickly it arrived. Ordered on 10-5, arrived at the dealer on 12-9 and picked up on 12-15. Lariat Package, the only items I did not order was the winch, AS, bedliner, or moonroof. Pretty much added every other option. My BIL ordered a (non Tremor) F350 from the same dealer back in February and still has not received it.
 
Yea, it’s really difficult to be positive when people who ordered a couple weeks ago get scheduled with the options you’ve been held up waiting on for months. Great for them, but come on Ford get your sh*t together. I ordered through Granger so I know it’s not an allotment issue, and I’ve been at priority 2 for 2 months. I was to the point that I was willing to accept that if I wanted the options I ordered, I was going to have to wait for them. Today, I’ve read about orders placed well after mine getting scheduled with adaptive steering (which I didn’t order), 5th wheel prep, and spray in liner. Not necessarily on the same builds, but scheduled. Yet here we are, stuck in purgatory, waiting longer because we don’t have a choice…

Ok rant over, needed to vent…

Congratulations to those who were scheduled.
My sentiments exactly! This is becoming a sh*t show!!

Ok......... Rant over!

WOOSAH!!!!!!!
 
Yea, it’s really difficult to be positive when people who ordered a couple weeks ago get scheduled with the options you’ve been held up waiting on for months. Great for them, but come on Ford get your sh*t together. I ordered through Granger so I know it’s not an allotment issue

Actually with Granger it IS an allotment/allocation issue if you have been following any of their threads on multiple forums.

Last cycle they got 74 allocations. They stated they generally have ~150 trucks on order.

So during any given allocation cycle(every 2 months) they can get half their trucks built... if there are no commodity restrictions.

A lot of the guys who seem to be getting trucks relatively quickly seem to be from small dealers that get a couple super duty allocations per year and somebody just happened to stumble into one that was in the active build cycle and bam their truck gets built. OR they order a basic XL or XLT truck that doesnt hit any commodity constraints and gets picked up over a loaded up truck because 7 of the items for it are on constraint. This same affect can be found in the C8 Corvette world right now. I called my local small Chevy dealer I have bought a few cars from and he said "oh if you want a car, we have an un-used allocation for this cycle, I can get you a car in like 1-2 months"... I wanted to get on a Z06 list, not a base car list so I didnt take him up, but I did pass along the info to my buddy who snagged the allocation and his car is built and in purgatory due to the tornado's.

I think Ford is building every truck it can, but it definitely doesnt seem to prioritize who ordered first from a "global" perspective so to speak.
 
If Ford was just straight with us , no one would need blood pressure reducers 🤬

Ford is being as straight as they can within the constraints they have.

Problem is the entire system is old fashioned and needs to be revamped & that won’t happen overnight & then you have all the pressure being applied by dealerships to get vehicles and who do not want to change the system

How Ford allocated builds to dealers is a HUGE issue and one that does not have a simple/easy fix

You would think they would also prioritize builds by order date, but then we see where a dealer lies to a customer & says the build is submitted and it’s not for several months
 
Ford is being as straight as they can within the constraints they have.

Problem is the entire system is old fashioned and needs to be revamped & that won’t happen overnight & then you have all the pressure being applied by dealerships to get vehicles and who do not want to change the system

How Ford allocated builds to dealers is a HUGE issue and one that does not have a simple/easy fix

You would think they would also prioritize builds by order date, but then we see where a dealer lies to a customer & says the build is submitted and it’s not for several months
When I meant straight up , I mean more information, reason for delaying, etc. some info is better then none. I just need to vent, time for letters if that will do any good
 
When I meant straight up , I mean more information, reason for delaying, etc. some info is better then none. I just need to vent, time for letters if that will do any good
I agree with you. When the truck is built and you can add it to the ford pass app, you should be able to track it. Maybe to save battery, maybe you will only ping its location Every 6hrs. I’ve said it before, but when you order a Tesla, when it arrives to a distribution site, you can track it live. Ford could easily do that with a sync update.
 
I agree with you. When the truck is built and you can add it to the ford pass app, you should be able to track it. Maybe to save battery, maybe you will only ping its location Every 6hrs. I’ve said it before, but when you order a Tesla, when it arrives to a distribution site, you can track it live. Ford could easily do that with a sync update.

How long is the wait for a Tesla from order to delivery?
 
Ahhh, so the wait time has dropped dramatically
That was a year ago. It’s gotten worse but not by much. We was quoted 4mon wait and got it under 2. Now it’s a 6 mon wait… right there with ford on these trucks honestly.
 
a dealer lies to a customer & says the build is submitted and it’s not for several months
I actually think Ford drops the ball on these. I ordered a Mustang and a Tremor on 9/4. The Mustang is as confirmed right away. On 9/29, I dropped AS on the Tremor and got a confirmation on the truck the next day.

When I called ford marketing, they said the order was placed on 9/4, but the tracker says the order was placed on 9/29.

I actually think it got lost at Ford, not my dealer.
 
That was a year ago. It’s gotten worse but not by much. We was quoted 4mon wait and got it under 2. Now it’s a 6 mon wait… right there with ford on these trucks honestly.

Last time I went into a Tesla dealership they were saying 12+ months best case, so it has dropped dramatically

Has the build quality improved? Had a friend who got one with all kinds of problems and it sat at a dealership to be fixed for almost 4 months & when he got it back he hated it and sold it as it still had issues (yes I know this is a sample of 1 and statistically means nothing)
 
New to the group.. I ordered a F250 Powerstroke Tremor Lariat Ultimate with Lariat Sport Package, no spray liner, no AS, and no 5th wheel prep on 12/2/21, received confirmation email that day and received an email today with VIN and production scheduled for 2/7/22. Priority code 10.

What to expect next? How long once the truck is in production? Thank you for the help and glad to be here.
 
I actually think Ford drops the ball on these. I ordered a Mustang and a Tremor on 9/4. The Mustang is as confirmed right away. On 9/29, I dropped AS on the Tremor and got a confirmation on the truck the next day.

When I called ford marketing, they said the order was placed on 9/4, but the tracker says the order was placed on 9/29.

I actually think it got lost at Ford, not my dealer.

We all know not all dealers and not all dealerships are created equal & not all are honest

While ford has lots of issues to fix, where should they draw the line, do they hire a entire division to track vehicles from order to arrival at the dealership to keep buyers in the loop and how much do they increase the price to pay for this service?
 
New to the group.. I ordered a F250 Powerstroke Tremor Lariat Ultimate with Lariat Sport Package, no spray liner, no AS, and no 5th wheel prep on 12/2/21, received confirmation email that day and received an email today with VIN and production scheduled for 2/7/22. Priority code 10.

What to expect next? How long once the truck is in production? Thank you for the help and glad to be here.

If your production Date holds and doesnt get bumped you should have the truck within a few weeks of the production date. Ford will give you an ETA date once the truck is built. In general ive found those ETA's to be pretty close(within days either way)

Ive heard Production only takes about 36 hours per truck(the tracker will show "In production" for about a week). If you dont have any accessories that require the truck sent offsite it can ship within 24 hours of being built. Things move along pretty quickly once you in the production stage.
 
Last edited:
Last time I went into a Tesla dealership they were saying 12+ months best case, so it has dropped dramatically

Has the build quality improved? Had a friend who got one with all kinds of problems and it sat at a dealership to be fixed for almost 4 months & when he got it back he hated it and sold it as it still had issues (yes I know this is a sample of 1 and statistically means nothing)
Small sample size. I had a piece of trim on the seat that popped out, the rear hatch wasn’t aligned, and a head light was out further than the other, and had 2 spots touched up with a paint marker. I setup an appointment on the app and they drove to my house and fixed everything in my driveway, minus the repaint. They setup a schedule and gave me a model s for a weekend. We have driven over 30k miles without any issues. Just replaced a cabin filter and that’s it. We even drive for free because we have solar. I couldn’t be happier for a daily.
 
We all know not all dealers and not all dealerships are created equal & not all are honest

While ford has lots of issues to fix, where should they draw the line, do they hire a entire division to track vehicles from order to arrival at the dealership to keep buyers in the loop and how much do they increase the price to pay for this service?
They could easily write a line of code in a day that allows you to track it when it’s done being built. Don’t need to hire anyone. I don’t get the gate guarding ford mind set. You have a ford tattoo somewhere?
 
New to the group.. I ordered a F250 Powerstroke Tremor Lariat Ultimate with Lariat Sport Package, no spray liner, no AS, and no 5th wheel prep on 12/2/21, received confirmation email that day and received an email today with VIN and production scheduled for 2/7/22. Priority code 10.

What to expect next? How long once the truck is in production? Thank you for the help and glad to be here.
Congratulations on the build! This is what’s so infuriating w Ford scheduling. I have same Tremor with sport pkg but have bedliner and 5th prep so my order of 7/28 still sits on a shelf w no vin. The most ridiculous thing I’ve ever experienced
 
Back
Top Bottom