FYI 2022 Updated Production Schedule

I’ve been distracted with a V60 polestar hunt that’s about to conclude. Hopefully. I hope work is killing me during the agonizing phase of transport.
Great cars!
 
... told by dealer it was built 12/8 and taken off-site. Didn't say for what but I presume it is the chip (perhaps infotainment head unit as some have rumored) ...
I am fearful that as parts arrive they will go towards production currently on the line and ours will only get parts that are in excess of current production needs.
....

My presumptions, speculations and suppositions appear to have been unfounded. Just got email from Ford that it has been built. May have been off-site for something other than "chips", perhaps (more speculation) wheel well liners and side steps/rock sliders, which are standard on the Plat. I have read here or elsewhere someone confirmed with GFX that GFX doesn't do the liners but haven't read anything about steps/sliders, which might lend themselves to a 3rd party installation.

Just so I have something else to be skeptical about, the email also had an estimated delivery date of 12/21 to 12/27. How is that going to happen?
 
Key Dates Update:
  • 9/22/2021 - Initial order submitted and confirmed
    • Originally F250 Lariat Ultimate w/ Tremor package, UTT camera trailer package, black appearance package, 5th wheel, cab lights, heated rear seats, rain sensing wipers and heated steering wheel, adaptive cruise control
  • 10/18/2021 - Revised order
    • Removed black appearance package.
    • Added: LED light package, power running boards, moonroof, dual batteries, 397 alternator, front/rear wheel liners
    • Changed: Baja interior
  • 11/14/2021 - Order Processing with a build week of 12/20/2021
  • 12/14/2021 - Sent to Plant Ford Kentucky Truck Plant 2, KY Dec-14-2021, 14:27 EST
    • Window Sticker is available via MachE
1639572375445.webp
 
Ok so I check the ford tracker last night before I go to bed, still says in production Estimated delivery 1/1/22 ok that's cool, go to pull up the window sticker and its not available, check again this morning the same thing. Has me wondering are they finished building it ,and entering it into the system or is it waiting somewhere for a Chip or a spray in Bedliner or maybe a flux capacitor LOL !
 
I woke up this morning and refreshed the ford tracker and my status had changed to in production. 15 minutes later I refreshed and it had switched back to order is confirmed. I got on my laptop and it said in production. It told me to check out the window sticker so I clicked on it and it was not available. Now everything is saying order confirmed.
 
Every time my WS updated something important had happened. Either sent to plant, built, shipped, or even eta changed. So let's hope you're update means progress!
Well as of this morning, still no further update with the WS date still updated last on 12/14. No changes to the WS other than the bottom date and still shows in production on the tracker. And the wait goes on and here comes anx on the backstretch, heartache is heading to the inside...
 
I woke up this morning and refreshed the ford tracker and my status had changed to in production. 15 minutes later I refreshed and it had switched back to order is confirmed. I got on my laptop and it said in production. It told me to check out the window sticker so I clicked on it and it was not available. Now everything is saying order confirmed.
Ford needs to get there act together !
 
I woke up this morning and refreshed the ford tracker and my status had changed to in production. 15 minutes later I refreshed and it had switched back to order is confirmed. I got on my laptop and it said in production. It told me to check out the window sticker so I clicked on it and it was not available. Now everything is saying order confirmed.
Sometimes the WS will not show available on the Ford site if using Chrome and you need to switch to old school Internet Explorer. If that doesn't work check it on the Mach E tracker. Enter VIN on that site and click on view Window Sticker
 
I woke up this morning and refreshed the ford tracker and my status had changed to in production. 15 minutes later I refreshed and it had switched back to order is confirmed. I got on my laptop and it said in production. It told me to check out the window sticker so I clicked on it and it was not available. Now everything is saying order confirmed.
Now it says in production again lol
 

Attachments

  • Screenshot_20211215-080623.webp
    Screenshot_20211215-080623.webp
    45.1 KB · Views: 41
Sometimes the WS will not show available on the Ford site if using Chrome and you need to switch to old school Internet Explorer. If that doesn't work check it on the Mach E tracker. Enter VIN on that site and click on view Window
 
Ford needs to get there act together !
I think they have a lot of maturing to do in the retail special order space. Vehicle production has so many variables and many moving parts that all need to align just right. Under "normal" circumstances, I'm sure this process is sufficient enough because it moves through the process fairly quickly. Given our current situation with Covid, workforce shortages, and parts constraints due to supply chain challenges, it has created the perfect storm.

I'm not justifying their piss poor ordering/tracking system by any stretch of the means. But I am willing to have some empathy as they are trying to pivot and manage a lot of variables outside of their control.

I do think they can improve their communication to customers that have orders and provide more transparency. I have a feeling dealers are getting updates and information, but don't know what to do with it or how to approach customers with it. If Ford wants this retail special order process to work and work well, improvements need to be made by way of end consumer communication and transparency.
 
Got BUILT date 11/30. Was emailed 12/3 vehicle was shipped and given an estimated delivery date between 12/23 and 12/29. Have these estimated delivery dates been pretty accurate for those of you who have already got your trucks?
Mine was shipped 11/21. Estimated Delivery 12/14 to 12/20. Tracker last week said 12/14 delivery. This week it is saying 12/18. My experience is yes the vehicle is in shipping status for a long time.
 
Is there anything in particular that I should look for on the window sticker?
It depends, what are you looking for specifically? Do you know your scheduled build day/date? If not, your dealer/sales person should be able to look in the VVR for that. They should also be able to give you some kind of update on key milestones through the process.

  • I believe you can get some rail car information from your WS once it ships (I could be way wrong on that).
  • You'll get to see your build number within the truck batch (XXX / XXXX which is just to the left of the QR code in the upper right corner)
 
It depends, what are you looking for specifically? Do you know your scheduled build day/date? If not, your dealer/sales person should be able to look in the VVR for that. They should also be able to give you some kind of update on key milestones through the process.

  • I believe you can get some rail car information from your WS once it ships (I could be way wrong on that).
  • You'll get to see your build number within the truck batch (XXX / XXXX which is just to the left of the QR code in the upper right corner)
545/1624 build date is scheduled for the week of 12/20.
 
I looked at WS this am. No change. "In Production - 12/11" - WS Dated 12/13 - To Dealer 1/4/22.

No change
 
545/1624 build date is scheduled for the week of 12/20.
I’m 640/1624 with an actual build date of 12/23. Looks like you might be rolling down the line ahead of me on 12/23.
 
Back
Top Bottom