FYI 2022 Updated Production Schedule

I Just joined the forum officially. I have been impressed with the information that I am able to obtain from this site. I ordered on 9/11/21 got a confirmation from Ford a day later and crickets since. No VIN , No WS, No anything. Should I be getting a VIN anytime soon?
Welcome and congratulations!

It depends. What options did you choose?
 
it’s finally here! Arrived at the dealership today. Hopefully will be able to pick it up tomorrow. Ordered 3/29 delivered 12/13. 259 days. 🤣 I’ll hopefully do another post tomorrow officially introducing her!
Congratulations!!!!! What a wait!!
 
Congratulations!!!!! What a wait!!
Yea it’s been a long one. Glad yours has hit the road!! I was surprised how long mine sat up at the rail yard. 11 days with no movement until today. Still beating my ford estimate of 12/17 for delivery date though.
 
Long time follower, just joined and upgraded to founding member. I ordered a 2022 Ford F250 Platinum Tremor on 5/18/2021. I received an email and vin within minutes that my order was confirmed and then I sat and waited. I've received many build weeks that were either pushed back or up. My latest build week was 12/13, on 12/9 I entered my order number and vin into the tracking app and wow, it's "in production". I called my dealer to confirm and they tracked it as "in production" as well on 12/9. It was held up over the last few months due to adaptive steering, fifth wheel prep, spray in bed liner, retractable tonneau cover, vinyl floor, etc. He thinks it will be finished before the shutdown but the shipping is where the hold up is now. I've waited 7 months so far what's another month going to hurt. Happy to finally see a positive move. Best part is with the increase in price I will now purchase the truck $9,643 below MSRP. Looks like I'm 4/1040 on the top of the window sticker.
We are in the same batch😊 I’m 22/1040. Same story for us. Ordered 5/31. AS, 5th wheel prep and tonneau.
 
What is the normal wait time before you get your VIN? Placed my order 12/7 right before the increase and I’ve already been checking email constantly. Not a patient person so these next few months will be a testing time for me lol, really excited to go through the process though.
I am 10/28 and have nothing but the confirmation order.
 
Yea it’s been a long one. Glad yours has hit the road!! I was surprised how long mine sat up at the rail yard. 11 days with no movement until today. Still beating my ford estimate of 12/17 for delivery date though.
Congrats! That’s a wait for sure. When was your
Ship date?
 
Update 12/13/21 X2


12/11/2021: Arrived at Louisville, KY @ 12am vis CSX (The night of the 200 mile tornados...)
12/12/2021: Departed Louisville, KY @ 9:54pm bound for Marion, OH via CSX.
12/12/2021: Arrived at Marion, OH @ 4:12pm via CSX.

How do you get real time updates on whereabout the truck is? this is awesome!
 
I Just joined the forum officially. I have been impressed with the information that I am able to obtain from this site. I ordered on 9/11/21 got a confirmation from Ford a day later and crickets since. No VIN , No WS, No anything. Should I be getting a VIN anytime soon?
The truth is you need to be picked up by ford and scheduled in order to get a VIN and then you will be in order processing. Approximately 1 week before actual build date you usually get a WS. The scheduling committee at ford literally draws orders out of a mexican Sombrero on thursdays after each having consumed a 40oz bottle of the cheapest tequila. Sometimes it's tuesday and thursday....

5th wheel prep, bedliner have sometimes caused your order to not be allowed in the sombrero
 
7.3,
lariat value Pkg.
dual battery
bed liner
5th wheel prep.
tail gate step
roof clearance lights
5th wheel, bed cover, and bed liner have been shown to slow down the process on and off throughout the year.
 
How do you get real time updates on whereabout the truck is? this is awesome!
I keep updating when I have new info by calling CSX. So it’s not exactly real time - but I call often. Lol. So it seems real time. 😎
 
I’ve also got the 7.3, tremor, lariat ultimate package, utt trailer, 5th wheel, adaptive steering and cruise, power moonroof, quad beam lights, garage door l, upfitter, rain sensing wipers, and roof lights. Dealer said yesterday that the tremor package maybe a hold up have not seen that be an issue in here yet. Asked about changing the order some and he said if I did that my price would no longer be locked in and I would have to add the 1300 increase that happened a week ago.
 
I’ve also got the 7.3, tremor, lariat ultimate package, utt trailer, 5th wheel, adaptive steering and cruise, power moonroof, quad beam lights, garage door l, upfitter, rain sensing wipers, and roof lights. Dealer said yesterday that the tremor package maybe a hold up have not seen that be an issue in here yet. Asked about changing the order some and he said if I did that my price would no longer be locked in and I would have to add the 1300 increase that happened a week ago.
From my understanding the tremor is just a 350 with a couple bells and or whistles for “off-roading”… basically. Now different packages will have different add ons that might delay things. Like for example a black appearance comes with the spray in bed liner and they might have a hold up on that.

So depending on what they are short on, then it might push yours back. I had them cancel my spray in liner because there was a hold on it and I think two weeks later it was built.

However, if they are short on something like chips or something that is going to effect all models, then changing things on your order won’t do anything

That’s my take on it anyways.
 
Back
Top Bottom