FYI 2022 Updated Production Schedule

I think it changes everything. You have a VIN means you have a build date, with that comes certainty. Even if that build date changes by a few weeks or a few months, you still have a good timeframe for when your truck will get delivered. Once something is certain, the wait gets a lot easier.

I said this before, for me there will be two happy moments; truck gets a build date and truck gets delivered.

I, for one, really don’t understand all the constant non-stop checking going on this very thread tracking minute by minute progress, trying to decipher window sticker codes and calling rail companies trying to see where the truck is. What a major waste of time and self induced anxiety trips. One can’t change a damn thing anyways, why punish yourself with useless half knowledge.
Some of us have travel plans or schedules to coordinate, and may not have the luxury of just sitting back and waiting for a call from the dealer saying "come get your truck".
 
I spoke again to my dealer to ask about my F250 and from what he could tell on his side is that the order is still in production and "sent offsite", ETA Disposition due to "Micro Chip at Plant On Hold". It entered production on 11/24 and is "supposed" to be delivered between 12/21-12/27. The last time my Window Sticker was updated was 12/6. Sounds like it is now in a holding yard in Louisville awaiting chips to arrive. The storm probably didn't help either...

Is anyone else seeing this with their orders?
Yes sir.
 
It certainly isn't any better when your truck has been "in production" for over two weeks and is being delayed for a "chip issue". :mad:
Yes, the certainty is way better. Maybe stop checking so much into it? Be happy the truck is in production already and its only a matter of time until they get an extra potato chip that your truck needs and it will be on its way to you. Think about those still waiting for 6 months unscheduled, would you rather be in that boat?
 
Yes, the certainty is way better. Maybe stop checking so much into it? Be happy the truck is in production already and its only a matter of time until they get an extra potato chip that your truck needs and it will be on its way to you. Think about those still waiting for 6 months unscheduled, would you rather be in that boat?
I was one of them. Order in may!
 
Yes, the certainty is way better. Maybe stop checking so much into it? Be happy the truck is in production already and its only a matter of time until they get an extra potato chip that your truck needs and it will be on its way to you. Think about those still waiting for 6 months unscheduled, would you rather be in that boat?
You have your perspective, I have mine. Move on.
 
Does it get better when you have a VIN? Seems like you would at least know you are in the pipeline and some idea of build date. I know these can change. Not knowing anything is hard.
Not really. My truck went "Into Production October 14th" and that's when I got the email and the VIN. Window sticker came December 4th. Truck was scheduled for Nov 22, Nov 8, Dec 6th and the latest of Dec 9.

Still nothing. Making me wonder if mine is the chip shortage as well. :unsure:


Nice thing is I'm in no hurry (I just want my truck) - I'll need it by May when my daughter gets her license. Good luck with your rig.
 
Ford tracking still down but was finally able to get my window sticker today. Hopefully the dealer is right about my 12/13 build date and deliver date 12/27.
 
Looking like mid to late January for next round of VINs per Granger. Sucks, but what can you do…. Hope Santa takes a huge dump in Fords stockings this X-mas, lol!!



DB4E7F9A-39A9-4754-9502-320A29C1A01F.gif
 
As fast as this thread is growing I'm sure it has been mentioned. So will there be scheduling this coming Thursday or no?
 
I think it changes everything. You have a VIN means you have a build date, with that comes certainty. Even if that build date changes by a few weeks or a few months, you still have a good timeframe for when your truck will get delivered. Once something is certain, the wait gets a lot easier.

I said this before, for me there will be two happy moments; truck gets a build date and truck gets delivered.

I, for one, really don’t understand all the constant non-stop checking going on this very thread tracking minute by minute progress, trying to decipher window sticker codes and calling rail companies trying to see where the truck is. What a major waste of time and self induced anxiety trips. One can’t change a damn thing anyways, why punish yourself with useless half knowledge.
Well, mine moved from 11/30 to 11/26 with an ETA date that would allow me to get mods done in December. December is a good month for me to do these sorts of things. January, not so much as Jan is one of my busiest months of the year. So, I planned accordingly, but now I have to push back shops, likely to January. Why? No idea - VVR has not updated since 12/1. No additional information available.

I paid the dealer a $1,000 deposit and the shops $6,500 in deposits to reserve a Carli system, new tires and wheels, BD lighting and a Stage II stereo upgrade from MTI. So, yeah, I am a little confounded by the entire chip issue, if that is really what this is. Anxiety? No, mild irritation? Sure. I am a scientist...it is just the way we are! When something does not make sense, which this does not, then I like to try and figure it out. Last, I have said at least a time or two that this is a first world problem.

After reading on some other forums it seems we are not alone @catastrofe @Hookem59 and others - a few others are popping up with 11/24 and 11/26 build dates that are stuck in chip purgatory.

Ford tracker does not work for me - has not since early yesterday. 🤷‍♂️
 
I think it changes everything. You have a VIN means you have a build date, with that comes certainty. Even if that build date changes by a few weeks or a few months, you still have a good timeframe for when your truck will get delivered. Once something is certain, the wait gets a lot easier.

I said this before, for me there will be two happy moments; truck gets a build date and truck gets delivered.

I, for one, really don’t understand all the constant non-stop checking going on this very thread tracking minute by minute progress, trying to decipher window sticker codes and calling rail companies trying to see where the truck is. What a major waste of time and self induced anxiety trips. One can’t change a damn thing anyways, why punish yourself with useless half knowledge.
I have plans I need to schedule and a car I need to sell. I’ve been pushed back 3wks now from delivery. I told the dealer any info is good info. All I get is it should have shipped and any day now…. That was 2wks ago. Ford is really making this hard
 



Q&A on BOF

6 hours ago, danielj said:
Does this follow through if we don't get built when they roll over to 2023 model? Or do we just get canceled and have to reorder at the new price?

Answer from Ice-Capades
It's up to Ford whether they offer to convert any unscheduled 2022MY retail orders that can't be built to 2023MY orders. It's also up to Ford as to whether there would be any price concession or incentive. It's still too early to know until Ford releases the 2022MY/2023MY Super Duty changeover schedule and provides information on unscheduled 2022MY retail orders.


So are we coming down to this now? :rolleyes:
 

Attachments

  • Production Schedule.webp
    Production Schedule.webp
    23.4 KB · Views: 137



Q&A on BOF

6 hours ago, danielj said:
Does this follow through if we don't get built when they roll over to 2023 model? Or do we just get canceled and have to reorder at the new price?

Answer from Ice-Capades
It's up to Ford whether they offer to convert any unscheduled 2022MY retail orders that can't be built to 2023MY orders. It's also up to Ford as to whether there would be any price concession or incentive. It's still too early to know until Ford releases the 2022MY/2023MY Super Duty changeover schedule and provides information on unscheduled 2022MY retail orders.


So are we coming down to this now? :rolleyes:

The picture you attached is a separate discussion point than what you have quoted...

From what I gathered in that picture that this week(week of Dec 13), any SD scheduling would be for production week at end of January. That jives with production dates already given out as well as what I have seen from past allocation/scheduling windows. Allocations for the next production window(feb/mar) should come out later this month and scheduling for them should start 1st week of January. It seems everything is done in 2 month increments.

I think Granger posted on another forum that they still had 12 allocations from their 75 for the Dec/Jan build window not assigned, but hoped to get them assigned this coming week(which would build end of January). Then the week before Christmas they should get their allocations for the Feb/Mar build window and scheduling for that would start early January.
 
The picture you attached is a separate discussion point than what you have quoted...

From what I gathered in that picture that this week(week of Dec 13), any SD scheduling would be for production week at end of January. That jives with production dates already given out as well as what I have seen from past allocation/scheduling windows. Allocations for the next production window(feb/mar) should come out later this month and scheduling for them should start 1st week of January. It seems everything is done in 2 month increments.

I think Granger posted on another forum that they still had 12 allocations from their 75 for the Dec/Jan build window not assigned, but hoped to get them assigned this coming week(which would build end of January). Then the week before Christmas they should get their allocations for the Feb/Mar build window and scheduling for that would start early January.

My only point was if you look at the prod schedule of picking back up 1/31/2022 for the SD and all crap we've seen on the commodity issues, I could see the point of Daniels question. It could lead to start thinking about the possibility of being bumped to the 23my if it continues. I for one, hope we all get our trucks we've ordered in the 22my.
 
Last edited:
My only point was if you look at the prod schedule of picking back up 1/31/2022 for the SD and all crap we've seen on the commodity issues, I could see the point of Daniels question. It could lead to start thinking about the possibility of being bumped to the 23my if it continues. I for one, hope we all get our trucks we've ordered in the 22my.

Granger predicted 22 will run long before the change over to 23. I think last post I saw from them predicted the changeover not occurring until mid to late summer vs. early spring.

If I get into May before I get my truck I might have to go a different direction or I lose time with my boat since right now I have no tow vehicle as I sold my Explorer to Vroom for a healthy profit over what I paid. I dont need a tow vehicle until May, give or take.
 
Granger predicted 22 will run long before the change over to 23. I think last post I saw from them predicted the changeover not occurring until mid to late summer vs. early spring.

If I get into May before I get my truck I might have to go a different direction or I lose time with my boat since right now I have no tow vehicle as I sold my Explorer to Vroom for a healthy profit over what I paid. I dont need a tow vehicle until May, give or take.
I missed that from Granger so I hope that’s what happens! Thanks for the clarity!
 
I missed that from Granger so I hope that’s what happens! Thanks for the clarity!

post 440 if my copy/pasta doesnt work right... And again, I think thats just a prediction from them.

 
Back
Top Bottom