FYI 2022 Updated Production Schedule

Surely we're hitting 500 pages soon! I think when I joined this page in June we were 200, maybe? Hope all you fine folk awaiting delivery get em before Christmas.
Congrats on making the 500th page happen!

500.webp
 
Forget where I was reading it, but the logistics of building a F250/350 is unreal, Ford does not stock all the parts in huge warehouses but instead they order them and then do a dance so the pieces parts come in from all the vendors in time to build the vehicle

From a logistic perspective custom orders are a nightmare
It costs a lot of money to warehouse parts. JIT inventory is a logistical miracle.
 
It is called JIT.... All of the automotive industry has been doing it for about at least 30 years now.
It's funny because Henry Ford started this... the auto industry slowly walked away until Toyota brought it back to life and perfected it. Then, as you said, about 30 yrs ago the rest of the industry re-adopted the "Toyota Production Process" as a best practice.
 
No, when I look on the website (it) won’t show mine! Sorry, didn’t notice the misspelling.
That's what I thought you meant. WS are posted online anyway...our names are not on them. No big deal.
 
God that's a hot looking GT500 Tremor. I am glad I bought the 2022 - not sure on this 2023 front end yet. ;)
I didn't realize it until just now, but it kind of reminds me of the new Tundra TRD Pro:

2022_Toyota_Tundra_Event-3-scaled-e1632157426574.jpg


Sorry @BlueKilla but I speak the truth...
 
@Modman


C'mon guys... that looks like the current gen Silverado HD 😂
There is a little of that in there too:

TRANSPARENT_cc_2021CHT300039_01_1280_G7C.png

And a little Wagon Queen Family Truckster with a modern flair:

wagon-queen-family-truckster-2.jpg
 
It's funny because Henry Ford started this... the auto industry slowly walked away until Toyota brought it back to life and perfected it. Then, as you said, about 30 yrs ago the rest of the industry re-adopted the "Toyota Production Process" as a best practice.

So the Japanese perfected Henry Fords system & now all the vehicle manufacturers are doing it

While this is new to me, it totally makes sense from a fiscal perspective, till covid hit and all the nightmares that came with that, but at least we have toilet paper 🤣🤣

Wonder how the other vehicle manufacturers are doing dealing with the parts issues, went past a dodge and gmc lot yesterday and they seemed empty, but the Honda and Nissan were full of vehicles
 
There is a little of that in there too:

TRANSPARENT_cc_2021CHT300039_01_1280_G7C.png

And a little Wagon Queen Family Truckster with a modern flair:

wagon-queen-family-truckster-2.jpg
Gosh that Silverado looks awful. Each time I see one I think it looks like the mid 60's era Chevrolet Truck with the large forehead.
60chev.webp
 
There is a little of that in there too:

TRANSPARENT_cc_2021CHT300039_01_1280_G7C.png

And a little Wagon Queen Family Truckster with a modern flair:

wagon-queen-family-truckster-2.jpg
That family truckster LTD wagon probably has the same lumen output as my stock F250 halogen headlights 😭
So the Japanese perfected Henry Fords system & now all the vehicle manufacturers are doing it

While this is new to me, it totally makes sense from a fiscal perspective, till covid hit and all the nightmares that came with that, but at least we have toilet paper 🤣🤣

Wonder how the other vehicle manufacturers are doing dealing with the parts issues, went past a dodge and gmc lot yesterday and they seemed empty, but the Honda and Nissan were full of vehicles
That's because nobody is buying Hondas and Nissans 😂 I wonder what their average days on lot is compared to Big 3, Toyota, and Kia/Hyundai
 

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom