FYI 2022 Updated Production Schedule

Got an email from dealer last night that my "shipping" window has been extended. Truck was shipped from KTM on 11/5/21 - was to be delivered 11/28 - then moved to 11/30 (in the Ford and Mach E trackers). All my window stickers have said Convoy - but looks like it went by rail.

Dealer said the truck went to Illinois and sat for a week and a half - but is scheduled to leave there today and arrive at dealer on about 12/4/21.

So the wait continues. Nice to have a dealer that sends me updates - I never have to ask. So I figure by the time they get the winch installed it may be 12/6 or 12/7/ before I get the truck.

That last mile is always the hardest!
 
Well it’s at the dealer…hopefully pick it up tomorrow!
CA37324D-693C-48B9-AA50-100332C97317.webp
 
Got an email from dealer last night that my "shipping" window has been extended. Truck was shipped from KTM on 11/5/21 - was to be delivered 11/28 - then moved to 11/30 (in the Ford and Mach E trackers). All my window stickers have said Convoy - but looks like it went by rail.

Dealer said the truck went to Illinois and sat for a week and a half - but is scheduled to leave there today and arrive at dealer on about 12/4/21.

So the wait continues. Nice to have a dealer that sends me updates - I never have to ask. So I figure by the time they get the winch installed it may be 12/6 or 12/7/ before I get the truck.

That last mile is always the hardest!
That is good the dealer is keeping you updated and yes that last mile is the worst. Hang in there, it is totally worth it.
 
That was my understanding. I'm wondering why our bottom numbers are different. Catastrofe and I do have the same bottom number and 11/26 as the day. Must be something about that bottom number we don't understand.
I’m still showing “in production”, with a production date of 11/26 and an estimated delivery date of 12/20. You?
 
I’m still showing “in production”, with a production date of 11/26 and an estimated delivery date of 12/20. You?
I'm two rows above you right now. Slated for 12/22. Hopefully we are in a train car here in the next day!
 
Got an email from dealer last night that my "shipping" window has been extended. Truck was shipped from KTM on 11/5/21 - was to be delivered 11/28 - then moved to 11/30 (in the Ford and Mach E trackers). All my window stickers have said Convoy - but looks like it went by rail.

Dealer said the truck went to Illinois and sat for a week and a half - but is scheduled to leave there today and arrive at dealer on about 12/4/21.

So the wait continues. Nice to have a dealer that sends me updates - I never have to ask. So I figure by the time they get the winch installed it may be 12/6 or 12/7/ before I get the truck.

That last mile is always the hardest!
I too got an email late Friday night - but mine was from Ford.

"To ensure your complete satisfaction, we will require additional time before your 2022 Super Duty F-250 Platinum is delivered to your dealer. Your vehicle's previous estimated delivery range of Nov 28 - Dec 4 has been updated to between Dec 10 and Dec 16. Your dealer will contact you to arrange the delivery and pickup details regarding your new vehicle."

Sooo close. Seems like there is something going on in the rail / convey delivery system which is also causing delays. Just when I thought I had somewhat successfully navigated the supply chain issues, I get another supply chain kick in the a**.
 
I too got an email late Friday night - but mine was from Ford.

"To ensure your complete satisfaction, we will require additional time before your 2022 Super Duty F-250 Platinum is delivered to your dealer. Your vehicle's previous estimated delivery range of Nov 28 - Dec 4 has been updated to between Dec 10 and Dec 16. Your dealer will contact you to arrange the delivery and pickup details regarding your new vehicle."

Sooo close. Seems like there is something going on in the rail / convey delivery system which is also causing delays. Just when I thought I had somewhat successfully navigated the supply chain issues, I get another supply chain kick in the a**.

Have you been tracking it since it shipped?
 
Have you been tracking it since it shipped?
I have not. Mine shipped on 11/17 and on average its 12 -14 days for other orders in MN. Figured I'd ask for a VVR on Wed or Thurs this week.
 
I too got an email late Friday night - but mine was from Ford.

"To ensure your complete satisfaction, we will require additional time before your 2022 Super Duty F-250 Platinum is delivered to your dealer. Your vehicle's previous estimated delivery range of Nov 28 - Dec 4 has been updated to between Dec 10 and Dec 16. Your dealer will contact you to arrange the delivery and pickup details regarding your new vehicle."

Sooo close. Seems like there is something going on in the rail / convey delivery system which is also causing delays. Just when I thought I had somewhat successfully navigated the supply chain issues, I get another supply chain kick in the a**.
I’ve come across a little snag as well! As of early Saturday morning there is a delay due to a mechanical failure. Hopefully they get it cleared up soon.
 

Attachments

  • 7A0A9E68-B0B8-4FE0-BEBE-EAA86BFCEAC4.webp
    7A0A9E68-B0B8-4FE0-BEBE-EAA86BFCEAC4.webp
    27.2 KB · Views: 103
Most vehicle plants have ~60s cycle time. As @Big_Ed has stated previously they have two separate production lines at KTP that can run Super Duty. 60 (min/hr) x 40 (hrs/day) = 2400/day. I used 40 as the equivalent for two lines each running two 10 hr shifts/day.

They don't do this every day, since some days they only run one line, etc. It averages out throughout the year to probably 1000/day or a bit higher. So higher than that is not unheard of or unrealistic.
Line 2 also runs Lincoln Navigators. Not a one to one ratio, really depends on the number of SUV orders vs SD orders. My sis is on line 2. Line one is soley SD
 
Does the date on the window sticker change when it’s shipped? Mine has said awaiting shipment since 11/20 but Saturday the date on the window sticker changed from 11/20 to 11/27. Still says expected to be delivery 11/30.
 
Does the date on the window sticker change when it’s shipped? Mine has said awaiting shipment since 11/20 but Saturday the date on the window sticker changed from 11/20 to 11/27. Still says expected to be delivery 11/30.
You'll have it very soon. Mine said eta 12/3 and showed up 11/23, 9 days early. The date on WS also changed
 
You'll have it very soon. Mine said eta 12/3 and showed up 11/23, 9 days early. The date on WS also changed
Or not, my latest eta was 11/1 to 11/7 showed up 11/27. Ha ha
 
Line 2 also runs Lincoln Navigators. Not a one to one ratio, really depends on the number of SUV orders vs SD orders. My sis is on line 2. Line one is soley SD

Does this mean my truck was born on line 2??

23B9FDCE-401E-4432-9CC3-477344C1F8CD.webp
 
The date on my WS changed from 11/23 to 11/30 today. Other than that - no changes.
 
Anyone else still waiting on a VIN have their original order email link stop working? Mine started giving an HTTP 404 error today...maybe a good sign? Maybe just a Ford IT issue? Maybe I hit refresh too many times and broke it?
 
Last edited:
Anyone else still waiting on a VIN have their original order email link stop working? Mine started giving an HTTP 404 error today...maybe a good sign? Maybe just a Ford IT issue?


My original order email link has never worked. I ordered on Nov 16.
 
Back
Top Bottom