FYI 2022 Updated Production Schedule

How do you interpret these queue numbers? Are they based per day? per shift? per week? I assume 101/279 is vehicle 101 out of 279 they are running in that batch? But what is the time frame or allotment based on?

Thanks
 
I’m still in the black hole of shipping. Delivery window is 11/26-12/2…nothing yet. Hopefully it’s accurate.
 
How do you interpret these queue numbers? Are they based per day? per shift? per week? I assume 101/279 is vehicle 101 out of 279 they are running in that batch? But what is the time frame or allotment based on?

Thanks
That was my understanding. I'm wondering why our bottom numbers are different. Catastrofe and I do have the same bottom number and 11/26 as the day. Must be something about that bottom number we don't understand.
 

Attachments

  • 94BDD02B-0EBE-4C08-83EA-B8A0ECDFFEF6.webp
    94BDD02B-0EBE-4C08-83EA-B8A0ECDFFEF6.webp
    38.4 KB · Views: 90
Truck came 4 days early, on 11/24 but I was out of town and will take delivery Monday. So took these when I got back in town. AMB 7.3 Godzilla with sport and tremor pkg, moonroof, quad LEDs, UTT, pwr running boards.pre-PDI.
 

Attachments

  • E426A6A8-B3C4-47CB-B547-E4CCF51AD888.webp
    E426A6A8-B3C4-47CB-B547-E4CCF51AD888.webp
    232.8 KB · Views: 129
  • 3D612ED9-72C9-4E33-BBCE-FDA9B026A538.webp
    3D612ED9-72C9-4E33-BBCE-FDA9B026A538.webp
    304.2 KB · Views: 134
  • C0F0E341-BEED-4A4F-971D-32E9B933BE51.webp
    C0F0E341-BEED-4A4F-971D-32E9B933BE51.webp
    275.6 KB · Views: 134
Just checked the spreadsheet.
Ordered 10/26 built 11/26
Expected at dealership 12/18
Hopefully I’ll be able to arrange picking it up just after Christmas
Hope you all had a nice Thanksgiving and your trucks get built soon.
 
How do you interpret these queue numbers? Are they based per day? per shift? per week? I assume 101/279 is vehicle 101 out of 279 they are running in that batch? But what is the time frame or allotment based on?

Thanks

I understand they can run ~300 trucks per shift and run 3 shifts per day. But I know i have seen numbers over 1000 so my theory is probably not right unless they can run more than 300 trucks per shift.
 
Dealer sent me rail car info this am. Called the tracking number for CSX and holy crap my car has been moved to a damned repair track! No idea if they moved the truck to a different car.
 
I work for a Railroad and this is very common. They would not unloaded you truck the will just fix the rail car then it will on its way. Since its a revenue load they will get on fixing sooner rather then later
 
Thanks for the insight!!!!
 
The reason I asked about the xxx/xxx is my truck is: 1356/1765. I think we can agree they are not going to be putting out 1765 trucks in a single day. So it appears like some type of batch that may extend over the course of a few days. But I would like to understand how these 'batches' are construed. It is more for curiousity then anything else. Mine should be built within the next week or so based on my sticker:

ML221 N RE 2X 235 000329 11 22 21
11/23/2021
 
The reason I asked about the xxx/xxx is my truck is: 1356/1765. I think we can agree they are not going to be putting out 1765 trucks in a single day. So it appears like some type of batch that may extend over the course of a few days. But I would like to understand how these 'batches' are construed. It is more for curiousity then anything else. Mine should be built within the next week or so based on my sticker:

ML221 N RE 2X 235 000329 11 22 21
11/23/2021
Me as well. It may have to do with the shift or line too. I think the KTP has two lines.
 
The reason I asked about the xxx/xxx is my truck is: 1356/1765. I think we can agree they are not going to be putting out 1765 trucks in a single day. So it appears like some type of batch that may extend over the course of a few days. But I would like to understand how these 'batches' are construed. It is more for curiousity then anything else. Mine should be built within the next week or so based on my sticker:

ML221 N RE 2X 235 000329 11 22 21
11/23/2021
Most vehicle plants have ~60s cycle time. As @Big_Ed has stated previously they have two separate production lines at KTP that can run Super Duty. 60 (min/hr) x 40 (hrs/day) = 2400/day. I used 40 as the equivalent for two lines each running two 10 hr shifts/day.

They don't do this every day, since some days they only run one line, etc. It averages out throughout the year to probably 1000/day or a bit higher. So higher than that is not unheard of or unrealistic.
 
Most vehicle plants have ~60s cycle time. As @Big_Ed has stated previously they have two separate production lines at KTP that can run Super Duty. 60 (min/hr) x 40 (hrs/day) = 2400/day. I used 40 as the equivalent for two lines each running two 10 hr shifts/day.

They don't do this every day, since some days they only run one line, etc. It averages out throughout the year to probably 1000/day or a bit higher. So higher than that is not unheard of or unrealistic.
Geez that's a lot of vehicles. I guess if you do the math it does work out to exceed the 1765 doesn't it. Just seems kind of hard to fathom at first glance. That is a LOT of Super Duty's in such a short period. Of course that is not to say things might change and those numbers could get split over a few days based on part inventories or any other factors.
 
Well i get my truck tomorrow. It showed up on Friday.
I had emailed the dealer Thursday night and he had no idea when it would arrive.
He only had the arrival window that i had.
That still blows me away they don't know....when they'll arrive.
Any way it arrived early.
Aug 20 ordered
Built Nov 9
Shipped Nov 10
Arrived at dealer Nov 26th
So 98 days from Order to delivery....as per the spreadsheet.
16 days in shipping vs the 26 they had estimated.
Which is about the same as my 2020 was.
It seems to arrive the week before the first date in the week long window they give you...at least for orders up here.
 
Geez that's a lot of vehicles. I guess if you do the math it does work out to exceed the 1765 doesn't it. Just seems kind of hard to fathom at first glance. That is a LOT of Super Duty's in such a short period. Of course that is not to say things might change and those numbers could get split over a few days based on part inventories or any other factors.
Mine was 625/1675 on the window sticker. And yes that seems alot. As new WS's come out once a week. IS that the number made in a week. I'd think that must be it no?
 
That is a LOT of Super Duty's in such a short period
Certainly is! Consider this - over the three vehicle plants that make f-series (KCAP, DTP, KTP) they have collectively churned out ~1M in a single model year (US + Canada in the link below):

 
Back
Top Bottom