FYI 2022 Updated Production Schedule

Anyone else build stuck "In Production" or had the same issue with tracker not being updated? according to Ford and MachE my truck has a production date of 11/18, but according to everything has not moved into "shipping" or have received a email saying built. Only aftermarket part I had was spray in bed liner. Seems odd it would take 3 extra days to do this.
Mine did the same thing. I had spray in bed liner and tonneau cover. It was 6 days before mine got back and changed to "built". Then it changed to "shipped" the next day after that.
 
Do you know the actual build date? Mine is "in-production" but my build date is scheduled for 12/2/21.
yes, actual build date was 11/18. and had my dealer verify that through their system. I try not to obsess with what the trackers show as we all know they can be weird. But just hard not to let the mind wonder my truck is just sitting there. alone. waiting to be shipped :ROFLMAO:
 
Mine was actually "in production" for about 3 weeks though because of the plant shutdown.
 
Mine did the same thing. I had spray in bed liner and tonneau cover. It was 6 days before mine got back and changed to "built". Then it changed to "shipped" the next day after that.
ok cool so I am not losing my mind. Thanks for info, so hard when you can finally see light at the end of the tunnel.
 
Not sure if this is anything new er not but fer fun I contacted Ford customer service on my 8/10 order status and got the "nothing yet" reply with a ballpark is now between 6 to 8 months for most Super Duty orders being filled .... FYI
 
Honest question, has anyone in here actually paid an exorbitant markup on their truck? Everyone’s defending these insane ADMs, so who’s thrown down the money to support the concept?
Who on this thread has traded in a vehicle at a higher than normal price due to supply/demand? It’s the same thing. A dealer can absolutely mark up a high demand/low supply vehicle. You don’t have to buy it, but it’s not wrong. Almost everyone on this forum has taken advantage of the current situation - whether selling a home, trading/selling a vehicle, etc. Seems people on here only like supply/demand economics when it’s in their favor. I defend the practice of it, because I leverage it to my advantage at times as well. You don’t have to buy during high demand times if you don’t want to. But these dealers aren’t gouging anyone.

The other thread discussed someone going to pick up their special order vehicle, and the dealer then tried to up the price due to this supply/demand issue. Now, that is absolutely wrong, as it was special ordered and a deal was already struck. I don’t stand behind that because it’s dishonest. Other than that, mark up the vehicles however they want.
 
Why would anyone feel the need to defend price gouging? It’s killing the dealership model and part of the reason for the COVP program. Pretty sure Ford prefers to dictate the price on their products.
Gouging is drastically incorrect. Something is only worth what someone will pay for it. Given there is no price collusion amoungst dealers to artifically hold the prices higher, which we obviously know is true exampled by Graingers amazing prices, then if a buyer is wililng to pay $100k for a Tremor, then thats the market value at that moment. The buyer can always walk away, find another dealer a substitue product. Rather than those three aforementioned options, many consumers are still willing to pay many thousands over MSRP.
 
The other thread discussed someone going to pick up their special order vehicle, and the dealer then tried to up the price due to this supply/demand issue. Now, that is absolutely wrong, as it was special ordered and a deal was already struck. I don’t stand behind that because it’s dishonest. Other than that, mark up the vehicles however they want.
No matter how you or i feel about this matter, and its perfectly fine to have a difference of opinion on current market markup, you did not directly address Mojave’s question “has anyone in here actually paid an exorbitant markup on their truck?” .

I have not see ANYONE on this forum stand up and say, i believe in free market capitalism and so by my very belief i am that sucker who paid 15K over MSRP on a SD truck.

We are all free market capitalists but i’m also hoping we are not dumb enough to throw our cash at these “advantageous” dealers.
 
Anyone with some goo Tuesday magic news?
 
but i still dont think your reply answers Mojave’s question of

No matter how you or i feel about this matter, and its perfectly fine to have a difference of opinion on current market markup, you did not directly address Mojave’s question “has anyone in here actually paid an exorbitant markup on their truck?” .

I have not see ANYONE on this forum stand up and say, i believe in free market capitalism and so by my very belief i am that sucker who paid 15K over MSRP on a SD truck.

We are all free market capitalists but i’m also hoping we are not dumb enough to throw our cash at these “advantageous” dealers.
You’re still looking at this one-sided. If you sold higher in this market, you supported the concept. I’m currently buying gas, food, and other items at higher prices because I need that stuff, so I’m not waiting. Truck, I could wait. If I couldn’t wait, I would have bought the truck at whatever price the market dictates, after I attempted to negotiate. It’s not “if you didn’t buy a marked up truck, then you don’t support the concept”. Again, it’s not one sided.
 
We are all free market capitalists but i’m also hoping we are not dumb enough to throw our cash at these “advantageous” dealers.
If you’re a free market capitalist, as you say, then you’d recognize a higher price on a high demand/low supply vehicle is 100% normal, and expected. Buying it or not buying it has nothing to do with the principle of it. The freedom to buy at different times during the supply/demand cycle is also part of the capitalistic way.
 
So…
Who on this thread has traded in a vehicle at a higher than normal price due to supply/demand? It’s the same thing. A dealer can absolutely mark up a high demand/low supply vehicle. You don’t have to buy it, but it’s not wrong. Almost everyone on this forum has taken advantage of the current situation - whether selling a home, trading/selling a vehicle, etc. Seems people on here only like supply/demand economics when it’s in their favor. I defend the practice of it, because I leverage it to my advantage at times as well. You don’t have to buy during high demand times if you don’t want to. But these dealers aren’t gouging anyone.

The other thread discussed someone going to pick up their special order vehicle, and the dealer then tried to up the price due to this supply/demand issue. Now, that is absolutely wrong, as it was special ordered and a deal was already struck. I don’t stand behind that because it’s dishonest. Other than that, mark up the vehicles however they want.
My 2011 LX570 doesn’t have an advertised MSRP in it’s current state. And for the love of god

It’s gouging. They lobbied and legislated themselves into this position and then are capitalizing on it. It’s principally no different than people who horde up any other resource and then crank the price up. If I could legally purchase the truck directly from Ford, would they still be doing ADM.

I dunno why you’re defending it. Ford doesn’t care for it, as demonstrated by the COVP as well as the very public instance of the dealer being called out on the 10k markup on a Mach E.

You didn’t pay a dime over MSRP for your truck, I’m sure.
Gouging is drastically incorrect. Something is only worth what someone will pay for it. Given there is no price collusion amoungst dealers to artifically hold the prices higher, which we obviously know is true exampled by Graingers amazing prices, then if a buyer is wililng to pay $100k for a Tremor, then thats the market value at that moment. The buyer can always walk away, find another dealer a substitue product. Rather than those three aforementioned options, many consumers are still willing to pay many thousands over MSRP.

The availability of these things for 10s of thousands of dollars less than the price gouging dealerships are asking for is exactly the point.
 
This thread is almost 500 pages! I am completely amazed at people who have been waiting over 6 months and still no VIN! Yes,, I followed up and have bought quite a few vehicles in my life but this was one of the easiest experiences I have ever had buying a vehicle that I was forced to order!

Mine shipped today and if the delivery projection holds it will be 8 weeks from order placement to delivery. Dealer allowed me to order X Plan and I have a PCO as well.

Now watch the train mine is on derail on the way here!!!! :(
 
You’re still looking at this one-sided. If you sold higher in this market, you supported the concept. I’m currently buying gas, food, and other items at higher prices because I need that stuff, so I’m not waiting. Truck, I could wait. If I couldn’t wait, I would have bought the truck at whatever price the market dictates, after I attempted to negotiate. It’s not “if you didn’t buy a marked up truck, then you don’t support the concept”. Again, it’s not one sided.

This comparison would make sense if I were the only one that could sell LX570s per State Laws. Again, COVP exists, so it’s clear that the actual manufacturer of the product wants to be in control of their prices, regardless of what some middleman leech wishes.



It’s pretty clear which way these currently predatory businesses are going. The direct to customer model will only gain traction if these shenanigans persist.
 
If you’re a free market capitalist, as you say, then you’d recognize a higher price on a high demand/low supply vehicle is 100% normal, and expected. Buying it or not buying it has nothing to do with the principle of it. The freedom to buy at different times during the supply/demand cycle is also part of the capitalistic way.
I still beleive the purpose and pleasure of this thread is for “dude where is my truck”discussions. For that very reason i’m just going to shut up and let off this topic😉
 
C966224E-B185-4B7D-8353-D137CAC7C445.webp
C4F74A33-F813-4CFF-BF38-3003C970002E.webp
C17C749B-791E-48EF-9A7E-75953CFC93D2.webp
Back to the new truck expectations. Here are some dealer pictures
 
I still beleive the purpose and pleasure of this thread is for “dude where is my truck”discussions. For that very reason i’m just going to shut up and let off this topic😉
True. I’m in Texas visiting family for Thanksgiving, as my truck arrived at the Phoenix railyard last Sunday! The drive home from here is going to be agonizing, knowing the truck is there waiting for me to get home!
 
Back
Top Bottom