FYI 2022 Updated Production Schedule

Honest question now that it's getting real:

1) I am going to do the extended warranty. Did people find Flood Ford to be the best?
2) Do you have time to buy the extended warranty after, or do you have to buy it day one?
 
Nothing, but I didn't feel justified in a full response since it's only been since July 9th. Was hoping to get it before it gets salty around here, but maybe I won't have to worry about that, either. Sorry to everyone else who's been waiting longer.
I hear you on the salt deal. I am heading to NH Undercoating after I pick-up the truck.
 
I hear you on the salt deal. I am heading to NH Undercoating after I pick-up the truck.
Yeah, I will do the same thing if it comes in the cruddy weather. Well...... maybe not NH, but you know what I mean. I just worry about them not doing a thorough cleaning job beforehand.
 
Yeah, I will do the same thing if it comes in the cruddy weather. Well...... maybe not NH, but you know what I mean. I just worry about them not doing a thorough cleaning job beforehand.
Yea, I hear that. That's why I am heading straight there. I have already told myself I need to dedicate my whole day to getting the truck and getting it sprayed. :(
 
I’m going to be passing on the warranty. I split my daily driving duties between two vehicles and I’m gone for work often enough to keep my yearly miles comfortably under 10k.

I think they can be worth it if you look at what 3000 bucks would be worth if you kept it for 8 years, vice what a warranty would pay out, but that assumes that your truck will 100% break. It’s a gamble. That said I think you can buy the warranty after the fact, but it gets more expensive.
 
Honest question, has anyone in here actually paid an exorbitant markup on their truck? Everyone’s defending these insane ADMs, so who’s thrown down the money to support the concept?
Check out this thread for a discussion on this topic. I’ve asked a similar question there and not a single tremor forum member has admitted to paying above MSRP for their SD or Tremor. Which i applaud!

If i had to summarize it, it’d be something like this: pricing gouging is perfectly fine as long as i’m not the sucker being gouged at the dealership. The suckers have deep pockets so they don’t feel the financial burden anyways. Everyone wins!

 
Honest question now that it's getting real:

1) I am going to do the extended warranty. Did people find Flood Ford to be the best?
2) Do you have time to buy the extended warranty after, or do you have to buy it day one?
We went with Flood on my son's vehicle - they had the best pricing. You don't have to do it until the factory warranty is up (3/36). I think the only downside is $100 pricing difference. That is the route I am taking with mine... Gives me time to see what my actual mileage will be over the first three years and then make the right call on which extended warranty to purchase...
 
I am ready to sign and drive!
Hey, that's a VW slogan!!!

825070.webp
 
Honest question now that it's getting real:

1) I am going to do the extended warranty. Did people find Flood Ford to be the best?
2) Do you have time to buy the extended warranty after, or do you have to buy it day one?

FYI, If your in Florida, Flood will not sell you an ESP plan :( I wanted to go with them but could not.
 
Honest question now that it's getting real:

1) I am going to do the extended warranty. Did people find Flood Ford to be the best?
2) Do you have time to buy the extended warranty after, or do you have to buy it day one?
Did you see a thread where it was pointed out that getting ESP at the end of 36 months factory warranty costs exactly $100 more than getting it right after purchase. So if you decide to sell the rig for any reason its better not to be tied intj ESP which you will have to break and even with prorated return you get, you are in for a lot more than $100. Using this logic i will decide on ESP close to the end of my 36 months of ownership.
 
If i had to summarize it, it’d be something like this: pricing gouging is perfectly fine as long as i’m not the sucker being gouged at the dealership. The suckers have deep pockets so they don’t feel the financial burden anyways. Everyone wins!


Interesting!

Today I learned that state laws which prohibit me from buying a vehicle directly from Ford, and instead forces me to utilize an organization that lobbied that very same legislature into existence, who then proceeds to mark up prices well beyond what Ford advertises is all part of the invisible hand of a truly free market, with no manipulation whatsoever. 🪄🪄

Thank god for COVP and disruptive forces like Tesla.
 
Last edited:
We went with Flood on my son's vehicle - they had the best pricing. You don't have to do it until the factory warranty is up (3/36). I think the only downside is $100 pricing difference. That is the route I am taking with mine... Gives me time to see what my actual mileage will be over the first three years and then make the right call on which extended warranty to purchase...
Ditto. I said pretty much the same above. Glad many are making this decision. Seems like a way to go with ESPs.
 
Honest question now that it's getting real:

1) I am going to do the extended warranty. Did people find Flood Ford to be the best?
2) Do you have time to buy the extended warranty after, or do you have to buy it day one?
I've used Flood and Anderson & Koch for ESPs in the past. No issues with either. Checked last week, and they both had the lowest prices, followed by Zeigler and then Lombard.

BTW, congrats! I've never been more happy for SOMEONE ELSE to get a new truck! :)

AR_B
 
Honest question, has anyone in here actually paid an exorbitant markup on their truck? Everyone’s defending these insane ADMs, so who’s thrown down the money to support the concept?

While it might be a exorbitant markup to you, to others it’s not, that’s why a free market is such a wonderful thing

People will pay what they believe a fair price is on a product & call it good

Look at how many pay insane prices to ceramic coat a vehicle, it’s easily over $1k while the price of the actual product is under $200.00

Just like people who pay stupid high prices for a 5th wheel camper they use a few times a year for a weekend here or there & the rest of the year it’s sitting in some lot rotting away
 
This looks like a '77. Very cool looking!! This is where I drew my inspiration, and my Dad's '86 F-150 that had the same two-tone look. I debated on having it painted, or vinyl. I've been told if you get the right high quality stuff and it's put on correctly, and ceramic coated afterwards, it can last up to 10 years. They just don't make em like this anymore. Can't wait to see how yours turns out!
We had a ’76 hi-boy for a farm truck when I was growing up. I learned to drive in that truck when I was 9 years old. (No joke. I was pulling gravity bed wagons full of corn and beans to the mill with that truck at 12). I drove it all through high school. Learning to drive a stick shift with a HD clutch at 9 will make you a man.
 
Good morning fellas (and the one or two ladies),

The truck is IN PRODUCTION! I still am sitting with a 12.2.21 date, but I also have my WINDOW STICKER! I am sitting here in absolute awe!
Awesome! Ours our very similar...how long from when you received production date did you get access to WS?
 
Anyone else build stuck "In Production" or had the same issue with tracker not being updated? according to Ford and MachE my truck has a production date of 11/18, but according to everything has not moved into "shipping" or have received a email saying built. Only aftermarket part I had was spray in bed liner. Seems odd it would take 3 extra days to do this.
 
Awesome! Ours our very similar...how long from when you received production date did you get access to WS?
It took a while - 2-3 weeks? Once I new it was sent to the plant (Monday) I had the WS today.
 
Anyone else build stuck "In Production" or had the same issue with tracker not being updated? according to Ford and MachE my truck has a production date of 11/18, but according to everything has not moved into "shipping" or have received a email saying built. Only aftermarket part I had was spray in bed liner. Seems odd it would take 3 extra days to do this.
Do you know the actual build date? Mine is "in-production" but my build date is scheduled for 12/2/21.
 
Back
Top Bottom