FYI 2022 Updated Production Schedule

That's who I ordered mine from. When I placed my order on 9/24 I was told 12-16 weeks by my salesman. Is that what they told you?
Yep. Same. Shaping up to be right at 4 months. Normally they it would be 6 to 8 weeks. As time passes the window seems to be lessening.

You should add yourself to the tracker spreadsheet!
 
@Big_Ed reports they're booking OT and should be going full time for the next few weeks.

Which dealer? I'm in Austin too.
Sister worked her first OT last night so looks like they are trying to play catchup. Also, mostly trucks are being ran since there is some commodity shortage with the Navigator. FYI...Line one always runs trucks but line two runs both trucks and the Lincoln Navigator.
 
I will wait but man am I starting to get discouraged with this crap show. I know I don’t even have the right to complain because of others that have waited longer. Mine has been a priority 2 for almost 2 months now and was told that I couldn’t change my order because of where it was in the order que by ford not my dealer. Thought surely I would have a VIN. Order and confirmed 6/29.
I hear you
 
Wonder why so different?

It's a factor of operating pattern - how many shifts/hours incl weekends or not, and, as @Big_Ed stated, if the plant is running both available production lines for SD only.
 
I will wait but man am I starting to get discouraged with this crap show. I know I don’t even have the right to complain because of others that have waited longer. Mine has been a priority 2 for almost 2 months now and was told that I couldn’t change my order because of where it was in the order que by ford not my dealer. Thought surely I would have a VIN. Order and confirmed 6/29.
Don’t give up, keep pestering the dealer, tell them to get regional people involved. I ordered 5/17 and didn’t get a VIN until 9/30 so I feel your pain. I’m still waiting on it to get built but once you have that VIN you forget about the length of time you had to wait to get the VIN.
 
Sister worked her first OT last night so looks like they are trying to play catchup. Also, mostly trucks are being ran since there is some commodity shortage with the Navigator. FYI...Line one always runs trucks but line two runs both trucks and the Lincoln Navigator.
I guess she built my truck, because I woke up this morning n tracker said it was built yesterday n should be at the dealer Nov 30!!! 😃
 
@Big_Ed you know if the bedliner place next door also runs OT if Ford does in order to keep up?
Good question, I have wondered this too. I would imagine they would almost have to. At the rate Ford can produce these trucks, I would imagine they could create a hell of a backlog if GFX wasn’t working OT to keep up with them.

I also wondered who puts on some other simple accessories like the power steps, console safes and tonneau covers. Ford assembly or GFX?
 
Mine was updated to know show projected delivery date of 12-13......
 
Good question, I have wondered this too. I would imagine they would almost have to. At the rate Ford can produce these trucks, I would imagine they could create a hell of a backlog if GFX wasn’t working OT to keep up with them.

I also wondered who puts on some other simple accessories like the power steps, console safes and tonneau covers. Ford assembly or GFX?
Ya my thoughts exactly. You would think they would have to. Looks like we may be in the same boat looking at the tracker. My truck got built 11/18 but is still showing “in production” while others on the spread sheet around our time are already “in transit” or shipped. Again, that’s assuming Ford updates their trackers.
 
Ya my thoughts exactly. You would think they would have to. Looks like we may be in the same boat looking at the tracker. My truck got built 11/18 but is still showing “in production” while others on the spread sheet around our time are already “in transit” or shipped. Again, that’s assuming Ford updates their trackers.
I would think GFX would have to install all the tonneau covers. Other accessories, I could see it working either way. The logistics of getting it to GFX for the liner and then back to Ford for a random tonneau cover here and there sounds like a nightmare.
 
So
I would think GFX would have to install all the tonneau covers. Other accessories, I could see it working either way. The logistics of getting it to GFX for the liner and then back to Ford for a random tonneau cover here and there sounds like a nightmare
What accessories do you have on your truck? Also do you know the actual status of yours or is the tracker accurate?
 
So

What accessories do you have on your truck? Also do you know the actual status of yours or is the tracker accurate?
I believe it is accurate. My truck shows built on the 17th. When I checked with my source on Thursday, they confirmed it was sent to GFX. I’m assuming the official finished date on the spreadsheet is after accessories get installed at GFX and Ford gets the truck back to ship it out. The spreadsheet seems to lag by a day or two on actual milestone days. Lags even more sometimes on shipping and delivery days.
 

Attachments

  • 814B372B-0D11-44AC-A0AB-B813850FC4F0.webp
    814B372B-0D11-44AC-A0AB-B813850FC4F0.webp
    126.8 KB · Views: 64
Yep. Same. Shaping up to be right at 4 months. Normally they it would be 6 to 8 weeks. As time passes the window seems to be lessening.

You should add yourself to the tracker spreadsheet!
I added my truck to the spreadsheet a couple of weeks ago. I'm not sure if I did it correctly, I didn't put all my options on there.
 
I believe it is accurate. My truck shows built on the 17th. When I checked with my source on Thursday, they confirmed it was sent to GFX. I’m assuming the official finished date on the spreadsheet is after accessories get installed at GFX and Ford gets the truck back to ship it out. The spreadsheet seems to lag by a day or two on actual milestone days. Lags even more sometimes on shipping and delivery days.
Nice. Yours and mine are probably at GFX then together. Hopefully they get shipped out tomorrow.
 
Back
Top Bottom