FYI 2022 Updated Production Schedule

How many here would pause and reschedule their build for a 23' when production starts in the spring ? Having waited since august and having nothing from Ford yet it would be tempting if my rig isn't scheduled before the end of December.......

View attachment 38892
View attachment 38893


1) I'm not a fan of buying the first year model of a major redesign. Seems so often some major kinks get worked out.
2) I have a decent level of confidence they're going to take what I think is an amazing looking truck and make it look... well, not as good.

Fear of what they were going to do to the truck in '23 is actually a large motivating factor for having ordered when I did.

I'm sure there are probably people who want to wait and see what they are changing, I'm just not one of them. I'd bet a lot of people are in that same area of thought I am. The 2022's have a beloved trait truck owners want -- a rolling brick. I don't want some streamlined smooth looking curvy thing -- and that does seem to be the way most manufacturers are heading.

Hopefully I'm wrong --- because I think the SD's look good. I'd hate to see them screw that up.
 
You have to join the forum "Ford Truck Enthusiasts"

Then there is a thread at this link with instructions.

I never joined FTE and added my truck to the spreadsheet... There are instructions somewhere way earlier in this thread on how to do it. Or maybe @PhoenixFla could repost if he is feeling generous tonight???
 
How many here would pause and reschedule their build for a 23' when production starts in the spring ? Having waited since august and having nothing from Ford yet it would be tempting if my rig isn't scheduled before the end of December.......

View attachment 38892
View attachment 38893

“For a 23' when production starts in the spring ?”


What makes you think that a 23’ production will start in the spring of next year on a new makeover Superduty model in this parts shortage market?

Just look at F150s this year. They are still pumping out 21’ until mid-december of 2021.

Realistically, likely no one will see deliveries of 2023 until either very late of 22’ or early into 23’.

So instead of giving in to these nonsense rumors of Ford cancelling our 22 orders, i’ll happily buckle up and enjoy my unscheduled clean wait through the holidays.
 

Attachments

  • 7F6B6B68-B991-444F-BE15-771F8F6BA7EE.webp
    7F6B6B68-B991-444F-BE15-771F8F6BA7EE.webp
    38.5 KB · Views: 63
Just added my VIN and order number to the sheet (through the forms). Pretty cool. I am ChemLabTX there, however, ChemLab was taken.
 
I ordered out of Ann Arbor July 8 and not a peep since then, also priority code 10. Neither the dealer, nor Ford marketing have any information other than they have the order.
Ford marketing never has info. Dealer can pull a report and tell you though.
 
Ford marketing never has info. Dealer can pull a report and tell you though.
I would have thought so, but they have been very poor in doling out information. Just keep telling me it'll be a while. Have not been thrilled with the communication from them as I've called and emailed numerous times (though not too many) and it's been hit or miss on getting a return message.
 
How many here would pause and reschedule their build for a 23' when production starts in the spring ? Having waited since august and having nothing from Ford yet it would be tempting if my rig isn't scheduled before the end of December.......

View attachment 38892
View attachment 38893
Outside of concerns of a redesign, I would expect a 7-10% increase in price in '23.
 
“For a 23' when production starts in the spring ?”


What makes you think that a 23’ production will start in the spring of next year on a new makeover Superduty model in this parts shortage market?

Just look at F150s this year. They are still pumping out 21’ until mid-december of 2021.

Realistically, likely no one will see deliveries of 2023 until either very late of 22’ or early into 23’.

So instead of giving in to these nonsense rumors of Ford cancelling our 22 orders, i’ll happily buckle up and enjoy my unscheduled clean wait through the holidays.
Back in June when I started my ordering process I came across a few threads here that mentioned orders placed in March fer 22's
I never said Ford would cancel our orders - It was a hypothetical question only as I've had friends ask me the status of my summer 22' order and IF I would end up with a 23' model due to the crazy parts shortage. I drive a front engine 7-speed manual Corvette convertible because it looks and acts like the Corvette's I grew up with- I'd much prefer the 22' SD Brick over any coming evolution
 
Just added my VIN and order number to the sheet (through the forms). Pretty cool. I am ChemLabTX there, however, ChemLab was taken.
Where is this vin tracker you’re talkin about ?
 
1) I'm not a fan of buying the first year model of a major redesign. Seems so often some major kinks get worked out.
2) I have a decent level of confidence they're going to take what I think is an amazing looking truck and make it look... well, not as good.

Fear of what they were going to do to the truck in '23 is actually a large motivating factor for having ordered when I did.

I'm sure there are probably people who want to wait and see what they are changing, I'm just not one of them. I'd bet a lot of people are in that same area of thought I am. The 2022's have a beloved trait truck owners want -- a rolling brick. I don't want some streamlined smooth looking curvy thing -- and that does seem to be the way most manufacturers are heading.

Hopefully I'm wrong --- because I think the SD's look good. I'd hate to see them screw that up.
I agree with everything here. The ‘23 MY change is a major reason that I jumped on ordering the ‘22. It seems like each year Ford is making everything a little “less”. I have a Escape SE for a company vehicle. The ‘17 that I just turned in was twice the vehicle that my ‘21 Escape is. They added a larger screen and took away all of the other comforts (Like power seats, outdoor keypad, rear AC vents, dual climate control, etc.) I’m afraid that the ’23 Super Duty will add a Super Duper Limited Extreme package, and the the Lariat package will be equipped like the old XL was. It’s already happening on the ‘22MY. How many of you are buying parts to add ambient cup holders?
Plus, it will still go up 7-10% in price. I hope I’m wrong on all of this.
 
Winch question... If you have one do you like it? Also, is it installed at the factory? I thought I read somewhere about a dealer installing someones.
 
Back
Top Bottom